Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IF IT'S SATURDAY IT MUST BE JULY  (Read 20788 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:IF IT'S SATURDAY IT MUST BE JULY
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2006, 09:13:58 AM »

CP, you mentioned several other actors that I missed...

Ian McKellen is incredible as is Diana Rigg.

Maggie Smith was teh other actress I was trying to think of and could not remember her name.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 09:14:28 AM »

Page 2 has arrived at 1109 am Central Time!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2006, 09:15:43 AM »

Just noticed something... Either my computer clock has gone nuts or the server clock is different the time difference between my post and my computer is 3 minutes... :)

FJL

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2006, 09:18:46 AM »

I was logged in, then I was logged out but my name was still listed as logged in, but now I seem to be logged in again.

In any case, quick recovery vibes to MBarnum!

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2006, 09:40:25 AM »

I am recovered and I am here. Yes my lovely Blue Hyundai Elantra that I loved so much is no more...it is a pile of twisted blue metal. I am fine, just sore and I had a mild concussion. Spent several hours in the ER, and I must say that the staff of the Salem Hospital are very nice people!

Thankfully the car accident was not my fault...a girl, who had just gotten her drivers license two hours ealier, pulled out of the mall parking lot onto "D" Street, evidently without looking both ways,  for if she had looked both ways she would have seen that I was driving westbound on "D" Street in my car full of Target and Big Lots bargains!

We collided and car parts went flying. I hit my head on the driver's side window and was knocked silly. I still have an affinity for Bollywood so I think no damage was done (sorry Elmoore! LOL!).

My head and neck are sore, and will be for several days I am told, so I don't know if my holiday weekend will be spent cleaning the house and garage as I had planned, but we shall see.

I do have a nice rental car, which is good as I have to drive to Portland Sunday to attend my Uncle Bud's 80th birthday party.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2006, 09:47:53 AM »

DR MBarnum - I am so sorry about your accident, but am glad you're OK and that you could tell us about it so articulately!  Please take it easy.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2006, 09:53:29 AM »

Thanks DR Ginny! I am really glad that Bosco was not in the car with me! I wear a seatbelt, but there is not one for him and he would have been flung about.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006, 09:54:25 AM »

And I am going to miss my shiny new car, freshly repaired from the other weeks car mishap! I guess fate was just out to get that car! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2006, 09:55:18 AM »

And though TPUnk and Rodzinski are now in California vacationing their little hearts out, I do want to add that I am so happy that Walty is well and back home.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:57:36 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2006, 09:57:17 AM »

TOD:

British Actors:

Edward DeSouza

British Actress:

Heather Sears
Evelyn Ankers
Dolly Read

French Actors:

Jacques Bergerac

French Actresses:

Can't think of any at the moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2006, 09:57:24 AM »

DR MBarnum, I am glad to hear you are ok. I'm also glad to know it's not your fault (too much paperwork when it's your fault). I'm sorry to hear you lost your favorite car, though.

The young girl had some 'splaining to do to Dad last night, I'll bet!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2006, 09:58:24 AM »

I am sanding, priming, and finishing today.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2006, 09:59:07 AM »

TOD - Jonathan Pryce, Jim Broadbent, Jim Dale, Derek Jacobi, Glenda Jackson, Joan Hickson, Judy Dench, Maggie Smith, Juliette Stephenson, Helen Mirren, Emily Watson

Back to work - bye for now!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:01:10 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2006, 10:02:01 AM »

The young girl had some 'splaining to do to Dad last night, I'll bet!

Actually dad came to the scene of the accident. He was quiet. The girl was pretty upset. She apoligized quite a lot. As our cars were being towed away (her's was totaled as well) I went over to her and reasurred her everthying would be ok (she was crying) and the insurance would take care of it all. I felt really bad for her as she was supposed to start school in Portland on Wednesday and now she had no car.

FJL

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2006, 10:12:43 AM »

MBarnum - What a wonderful outlook you have in bad circumstances.  

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

You're a swell guy, DR MBarnum. She's lucky she ran into you instead of someone else. Poor dad. His insurance just skyrocketed.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2006, 10:19:31 AM »

Actually dad came to the scene of the accident. He was quiet. The girl was pretty upset. She apoligized quite a lot. As our cars were being towed away (her's was totaled as well) I went over to her and reasurred her everthying would be ok (she was crying) and the insurance would take care of it all. I felt really bad for her as she was supposed to start school in Portland on Wednesday and now she had no car.

DR MBarnum, you are ever the gentleman,  Haven't I taught you anything?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2006, 10:26:02 AM »

MBarnum, glad to hear that you are okay..

You need to have Karma restored and fast!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2006, 10:29:37 AM »

Mbarnum, Mbarnum..... I see Elmore has your card again...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2006, 10:46:25 AM »

Thankfully the car accident was not my fault...a girl, who had just gotten her drivers license two hours ealier, pulled out of the mall parking lot onto "D" Street, evidently without looking both ways,  for if she had looked both ways she would have seen that I was driving westbound on "D" Street in my car full of Target and Big Lots bargains!

I thank all the gods of all the Italian sword-and-sandal epics, plus the Almighty Himself, that you are relatively unscathed.

You will NEED some pain relievers...and if they gave you any vicodin, just WATCH OUT...you WILL be cleaning a lot, if my experience is any indication of side effects.

Whatever became of the "bargains" from Target and Big Lots?  Were they destroyed, strewn or recovered?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »

TCB, referring to your comments last night, Have you ever head a buffalo burger?

Yes, they are very good, but I prefer buffalo roast.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2006, 11:32:23 AM »

MBarnum, I am so sorry to hear about the accident; but I am very grateful that you didn't injure that pretty face!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2006, 12:22:25 PM »

Back from errands.  So hot out, but I'm going to attempt a jog, which is probably folly.  Folly or not, here I go.

MBarnum, that's what insurance is for - you'll both get new cars out of it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2006, 12:29:49 PM »

~~~Super Car Vibes for DR MBarnum!!~~~

And good luck with the pain control and recovery!  Several people I work with have had car crashes and for a couple of them, it took MONTHS to fully recover. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 12:50:12 PM »

Back from a jog - did the short version just to be on the safe side.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »

OMG! I hope DR MBarnum is OK. I worry about traffic accidents because sometimes injuries don't show up right away and folks have problems later.

Very best hopes and wishes for no health problems!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »

Had several nice telephone conversations this afternoon, always welcome, and on a hot day like this, perfect to take inside.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »

I did manage to see one movie earlier in the afternoon - Betty Grable and Dan Dailey in MY BLUE HEAVEN.

I had never seen this before, and I was astonished that it wasn't the usual Fox fluff. It had a serious story attached (adoptions thwarted) to the usual array of production dance numbers.

The transfer is quite beautiful.

I didn't have time to same any of Dr. Drew Casper's commentary, but I HAVE to listen to some of it, if for no other reason to have something to complain about!  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »

Favorite French actress:

Catherine Deneuve

Favorite French actor:

Louis Jourdan

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2006, 01:18:45 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]Page Three Dance!!![/size][/move]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up