Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A ROOM WITH A VIEW  (Read 33252 times)

Diane

Re:A ROOM WITH A VIEW
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2003, 08:48:48 AM »

Craig: I don't know if I should give  such information..especially if you and the lovely Miss Emily are promised..lol
I LOVE A Piano....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2003, 08:51:56 AM »

ROTFLMAO

TCB, you are a quicker man than I!

This is hysterical.

So, Noel, does the "show" get cancelled whenever you or the leading lady has a headache, or do the understudies (you'll pardon the expression) "perform"?

Emily

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

OMG - I just checked the news...

How glad am I that I left for school in the wee hours of the morning to study and didn't leave it until later?

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/12/11/quebec_031211
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2003, 08:54:06 AM »

Golly, the article says they're hoping for a million people to "come out."

Canada's policies have certainly swung to the left in the last decade!

Emily

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2003, 08:54:28 AM »

I wonder if our exam will be affected... hmmm....
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2003, 08:55:02 AM »

LOL RON!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2003, 08:56:41 AM »

The lovely wife and I usually just buy what we want at any given time...so for Christmas, we don't go all out buying each other gifts, but save it all for our annual two-week trip to London sometime in the year.  We have a fifty dollar limit filling each other's stocking with knick-knacks and goodies.  And then we usually indulge and buy our "Ho-Ho" gift each year.  This is a moderately big-ticket gift for both of us.  This year it will probably be a digital camera and a printer to go along with it, though I also have my eye on the Ely Landau Theatre DVD sets out there.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2003, 08:57:17 AM »

Yes.. it's true. I have fallen in love - and you too can share in the love as well. I have fallen in love with...

Dark Chocolate KitKats, MINT KitKats and MINT Hershey's Kisses - all limited editions available this season....

YUM!!!

No, Craig, you have not known love until you have tried the mint-flavored (or flavoured) M&Ms.  I have managed to get my entire office hooked, and that is over 300 people.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2003, 09:01:57 AM »

I have not stepped on a scale in the last week or so, but I'd be willing to bet I've gained weight recently because when I read all the posts about recipes and cakes and candies that get put up here all the time, I can't help but raid my pantry to find candy, etc. to quell the hunger.

I have thus far resisted making that chocolate cake, but I have a feeling I'm going to need some comfort food today, and that will surely fill the bill.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2003, 09:03:27 AM »

TCB - they are next on the agenda.. I can divide my love. When it comes to chocolate - I am a mormon (read: polygamist)

Diane - Don't let Emily fool ya.. I amn't promised to NO one yet.. all the HHW women are engaged to Mark and I lol

Emily

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2003, 09:05:48 AM »

Diane... would you like to join the harem?

The benefits aren't that great but we do offer a discount on trips to Iceland! ;)

Emily

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2003, 09:07:07 AM »

...plus you DO have to flirt with Mark and/or Craig.

I hear some people consider that a perk (although don't ask me why...) ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 09:07:44 AM by Emily »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2003, 09:12:03 AM »

I have not stepped on a scale in the last week or so, but I'd be willing to bet I've gained weight recently because when I read all the posts about recipes and cakes and candies that get put up here all the time, I can't help but raid my pantry to find candy, etc. to quell the hunger.

I have thus far resisted making that chocolate cake, but I have a feeling I'm going to need some comfort food today, and that will surely fill the bill.

Would Cheddared Mashed Potatoes serve as "comfort food" at your house?

That recipe I mentioned in my first post has you whipping potatoes with heavy cream and cheddar cheese, putting them into a baking dish, topping them with cheddar onion rings, and then baking!

A truly guilty PLEASURE!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2003, 09:13:09 AM »

...plus you DO have to flirt with Mark and/or Craig.

I hear some people consider that a perk (although don't ask me why...) ;)

Don't do it, Diane!

They'll only break your heart.

Mark is really a Jesuit priest.  He talks a great game, but he's celibate!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2003, 09:14:26 AM »

It's Thursday and folks are missing all over the place in my agency.

You'd think it was the holidays or something!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2003, 09:16:29 AM »

Those potatoes do sound scrumptuous. Ah, so many things that are SO good in life are so bad for you.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2003, 10:03:04 AM »

Whew!  Not many posts to read, but fine topics and choices.

I too like to see Phantom of the Opera, it is clunky and doesn't make any sense, but it is very gothic and dramatic.  My favorite Phantom is a guy named Thomas James O'Leary!  :'(

My Christmas gift that I want this year - YOU BET YOUR LIFE DVD set.  I may get it.  Quien sabe?

I have one more gift to buy and then I will be done!  ;D

My computer is still a bit slow, something is wrong, not sure what, and I do not return to work until tomorrow, so I am being at home and watching CRIME OF PASSION on DVD!  Go, Barbara!

What a lovely view Mr BK has out his window!  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2003, 10:05:10 AM »

Latest from the front:  Everyone seems very happy with show one.  My pal David will be putting the finishing touches on it for the next two days, because I've just been told I'm staying on to do the final hour show.  So, that is very nice - three extra weeks of work that will take me into mid-January.

Latest from the back: I have to work late this evening and therefore have to cancel a massage.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2003, 10:06:31 AM »

For Christmas, I would like my trip to NYC to be safe and snow-less if that's possible!  

Emily

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2003, 10:06:58 AM »

Okay so my exam may or may not be delayed a half an hour.  

Currently there is a large crowd of protesters outside the building it supposed to be held in.  

Wish me luck people!  :D

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2003, 10:09:43 AM »

BK:  Why can't the massage come to you???????

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2003, 10:10:25 AM »

Okay so my exam may or may not be delayed a half an hour.  

Currently there is a large crowd of protesters outside the building it supposed to be held in.  

Wish me luck people!  :D

I thought this was a union thing!  

They've stopped ships from coming in....hospitals have cancelled surgeries....and now they've gone so far as to disrupt EXAMS?

Boy!  Those Canadian trade unions cover ALL the bases, huh!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 10:12:21 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Diane

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2003, 10:21:13 AM »

Emily: Ooooh! Iceland! Now I must be a part of the harem! lol

Craig: You and Mark are very lucky men!

BK: I feel your pain..I could use a massage myself at the moment
I LOVE A Piano....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2003, 10:33:06 AM »

Word is that Mel Gibson has signed Lisa Gerrard (the wailing voice of "Gladiator", etc.) to "score" his film "The Passion of Christ."

Gadzooks!

Diane

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2003, 10:41:57 AM »

Ron: LOL! I could say something really nasty and off color regarding the priest comment..I'll just keep that to myself =-P
I LOVE A Piano....

steveg

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2003, 11:06:08 AM »

True Holiday Story:

A number of years ago when my now-grown son and my wife were in the Short Hill Mall here in New Jersey, my young son asked to sit on Santa's lap.  When his turn arrived, Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas.  My son said that he wanted "nothing."  Santa, perplexed, asked, "nothing, haven't you been a good boy this year?"  "Yes I have", my son responded.  "You still don't want anything for Christmas."  "No", my son adamantly said, "we celebrate Hanukah in our house." Santa looked around and whispered in my son's ear, "you know something, in my house so do we."
I'm just a bagel on a plate of onion rolls.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2003, 11:16:17 AM »

LOL steveg.

Well hmmmmmm...."Crime of Passion".....  Barbara Stanwyck as Mr BK pointed out certainly wears a lot of lipstick in this b/w movie...and many times its application didn't have anything to do with where her lips really were.  She also has a couple of closeups where her lovely face fuzz shines like a beacon.  And that story....hoooooboy!  Sterling Hayden, Fay Wray, Stuart Whitman, Raymond Burr, and Virginia Grey....good performances!  And I would imagine that Burr and producer Herman Cohen had some terrific parties!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2003, 11:30:09 AM »

DR Emily wrote:
I am the worst person to buy gifts for because I hardly ever let people surprise me.  I like making a list, checking it twice and then faxing it off to my family and friends.

Well I'm not quite that bad, although I always make lists.  I think I am the only one in my family who does this.  But I know what I want and I write it down. At least when people ask, I can tell them (as opposed to "oh i don't know ...".

One thing that is funny is that I often buy my own gifts (from other people). I mean they pay, but I sometimes am the actual buyer.  This happens almost always with my sister. She asked last week what I wanted and I replied (as usual), "I'll check my list". One thing I wanted was pajamas (which I needed to try on). So I just said I'd buy them and she could pay for them (of course I will give them to her to wrap) :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 12:29:04 PM by Jennifer »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2003, 11:36:25 AM »

BK - Congratulations on being asked to stay on. That's a very nice Hanukah/Christmas gift. (Actually, the ones who asked you to stay should be congratulated on their wisdom.)

I can't think of what I'd like for Hanukah/Christmas. Weirdly enough, I always feel a little uncomfortable getting gifts. A former boyfriend used to say that I have trouble "taking." He may have been right. I LOVE giving presents, though.
I think what I would really like for myself is another writing assignment - before the holidays - so that I know the first part of the new year is covered. Other than that, it's the usual Miss America stuff - world peace, health for the universe, food for the hungry, and a new hairdo for Cher.

I want to announce that I now have my very own aphorism. I was discussing (by e-mail) men and women with a Canadian poet/anthologist with whom I correspond and he wrote "If women are the fair sex, then men are the unfair sex"... A new aphrism just for you." Isn't that grand? Like having a new variety of rose named after you. The Princess Elizabeth Rose, the Anna Aphorism.

ladodgerjon

• Unseemly Lunch Date
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2003, 11:36:32 AM »

Saw "The Last Samurai" the other night on the Warners lot (GREAT sound system!).

I'd recommend it... as a matinee.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL to watch (fantastic scenics... gorgeous cinematography)... but a script loaded with trite dialogue (hey, anytime you can finish a half-dozen lines of dialogue before the actor on the screen can, you know you're in trouble).

We also spotted a couple of scenes that seemed completely lifted from "Glory" (not surprising, of course, given the director). And, no, I don't think was done as some sort of 'homage' to an earlier work...

This is sorta nit-picky, but I felt the script should have added a bit more back story on the samurai. The uninitiated audience member might be led to believe that the samurai were nothing more than a bunch of trouble-making rabble-rousers (given the way the film is set-up); personally, I would have preferred seeing how the samurai were dedicated to the Emperor...

As BK would say, "What am I? Ebert??"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up