Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A ROOM WITH A VIEW  (Read 33251 times)

Tomovoz

Re:A ROOM WITH A VIEW
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2003, 11:42:27 AM »

First thing noticed this morning - WFO. Welcome back.
Now to read a few posts.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2003, 11:55:40 AM »

DR Diane: I think you and I have a lot in common.

Btw, I heard a clip of Ellen DeGeneres interviewing our favorites Melana and Jason (Average Joe).  I wish I could remember exactly what she said. But it was so funny.

It was something like, "well i guess this show just shows you when you have a bunch of average guys and then two beautiful people, the beautiful people just flock together".  It was funny (and slightly cruel) especially since that was her introduction before THEY came out :)

For Christmas (Channukah for me) I really want a certain guy to send a certain box.  We shall see.

Tomovoz

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2003, 11:57:09 AM »

I don't think we will have snow this Chistmas. I do not have a"wants list" or an "I want" song to sing either. Is worldwide happiness too much to wish for? Naive maybe, but John Lennon voiced it so well. A change of political direction for my country would make me happy - if we can change in the direction of COMPASSION  which our leaders lack.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2003, 12:08:11 PM »

Steveg, that is funny. But what a way to confuse a kid.

Hey BK, what happened with your UPS package?

Diane

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2003, 12:33:48 PM »

Jennifer: We probably do!   Men can really suck sometimes.  :P

I love Ellen! She is hysterical.

Only 8 days till Chunnukah and 14 days till Christmas!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D [/move]

« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 12:34:12 PM by Diane »
I LOVE A Piano....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2003, 12:48:57 PM »

I am told that the UPS package will be redelivered today, but I have not received confirmation that is HAS been.  If it's not here by two I'm going to suggest that the people drive to UPS and get it.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2003, 12:51:36 PM »

Jennifer: We probably do!   Men can really suck sometimes.  :P

I love Ellen! She is hysterical.

Only 8 days till Chunnukah and 14 days till Christmas!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D [/move]

OMG, you freaked me out when you said Channukah is in 8 days. I still have to get my dad something. Although I think my mom mentioned something he wants.

At least I have a bit more time for the Christmas presents I have left to buy.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2003, 12:53:19 PM »

Here I am at work, where it is MUCH slower than yesterday.

I want all my loved ones to get what they want for Christmas, but I am not without my selfish desires.  I want a $500 gift certificate to Borders so I can stack up on books and cast recordings, and I also want my own PC in my room so that I don't have to share it with Lynn, damn her to hell.

Ick! Horrid day here in NY :P

Christmas List: (sorry! It's a bunch of stuff)

All my loved ones get what they want
Health
Love
Peace
Acting Jobs
A Sane Boyfreind

And an early request for next year: A new President ;)

HAHAHAHA!  Diane, I am officially stealing your last Christmas wish.  It would go a long way toward that "peace on earth, and good will towards (wo)men" business

A word of warning, btw, on our resident HHW Lotharios, Craig and Mark.  They like to play musical fiancés with the members of their harems.  For instance Mark and I were engaged at one point, but he left me at the altar to take up with the beautiful young Swishy.  Be careful, Swish.  Mark will leave you for a good tub of Cherry Garcia ice cream.  :P

LADJohn--thanks for the review of the Last Samurai!  I DO want to see it, even though something about the idea of a Caucasian being the last true samurai inherently disturbs me.  Would a movie with an Asian actor playing the samurai-protagonist have been so hard to market to Amerian audiences??

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2003, 12:54:49 PM »

I am told that the UPS package will be redelivered today, but I have not received confirmation that is HAS been.  If it's not here by two I'm going to suggest that the people drive to UPS and get it.

Who are THE PEOPLE?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2003, 12:58:18 PM »

The people are the folk who run my Mail Boxes, Etc (now The UPS Store) who weren't paying attention and who allowed a package I'd asked to be unpacked for me before I got there to get put back on a UPS truck.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2003, 12:58:22 PM »

BK--btw, I wanted to tell you!  The other day, a friend of mine sent me a copy of the WSMA's Alan Jay Lerner album.  WOW!  I LOOOOVE the Kander and Ebb album, but I think this one is even better.  Brent is at his finest on each track, and the arrangements are superb.  His version of "They Call the Wind Maria" gave me suuuch chills.  

I just wanted to say thaaank you for producing this!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2003, 12:58:29 PM »

After reading a gist of the plot of THE LAST SAMURAI and several reviews of the film, I know it is something I would have NO interest in sitting through.

Mr. Cruise was a guest on Ellen Degeneres' talk show yesterday, and his discussion of the film and the film clip they showed did NOTHING to change my mind about that. I wish him and his film well, but they won't be getting MY money.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 01:01:52 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2003, 01:03:51 PM »

;DWell, Mr. Tomovoz, I thank you for noticing my appearance.  I am indeed here, but I have been here lurking for the last few days off and on trying to catch up on the HUMONGOUS number of posts this site now draws per day, and I am a month behind!

So I said to myself, "Self:  why don't you just throw caution to the wind and jump to Today."  I am sad and distressed to have missed many birthdays (including that of Our Fearless Leader [39th, wasn't it, Bruce?]) and Jason's mouses and any number of pictures and droll comments and cetera and cetera and so forth.

But, I say, but I must jump and day ahead and answer tomorrow's topic of the day, I really must.

What is presently in your CD player?

Our Wedding, the Musical.  That's what.

And a delight it is.  Especially the mothers-in-law song.  And if you think Shirley Temple stole it as the Flower Girl (oh, an Ervin Drake reference!)  this one is sheer delight.  And the Advice to the Bride.  And....

If you have not already done so, I urge you each and every one to hie ye over to www.weddingmusical.com to order the CD and/or the sheet music.  Joy and Noel have given us the chance to participate in their Very Special Day, and I am sure you will all have more fun listening to this CD than you have had at other weddings where you were actually physically present.

Now, to quote the Left Coast Governator:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]I'll be back![/move]

"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2003, 01:05:24 PM »

I just read that Blake Edwards will be receiving an honorary Oscar this year. I think it is a VERY deserving choice.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2003, 01:07:05 PM »

Panni:  I am not a person easily taken to "accepting" gifts.

When I was a kid, I often got things I didn't really care much for.  But when I would get something I totally liked and enthused over it, someone else would be hurt that I didn't like their gift as much.

So I stopped reacting more than just saying "Thank you"!

It seems safer!

That said, I can and have been thrilled at something someone gave me.  Not that they'd ever want to go through THAT display again.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2003, 01:07:34 PM »

Nice to see you back on-line, DR WFO.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2003, 01:11:42 PM »

Yes, William F. Orr...glad you're back.

But ya doesn't has to tease us with giant other-colored words like "HUMONGOUS" to get us to read your post.  : )

Tomovoz

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2003, 01:12:34 PM »

If there happens to be a Frenchman lurking - Hello from OZ.
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2003, 01:16:41 PM »

When I was a kid, I often got things I didn't really care much for.  But when I would get something I totally liked and enthused over it, someone else would be hurt that I didn't like their gift as much.

So I stopped reacting more than just saying "Thank you"!

I can totally relate to what you just wrote, both as the gift giver and receiver.  Sometimes you give a special person something and you want to really know that they loved it. But sometimes it's hard to tell.

I've also been on the other side, where somebody very special has sent me things, and I haven't acted as excited as I should have been.

I think there is no way to win!  But I do think that anytime someone does thing that really means something to you, that you should tell them, so they know.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2003, 01:18:51 PM »

DR Francois: If you are reading this WE MISS YOU!
A bunch of people have been asking where you are, myself included.

ladodgerjon

• Unseemly Lunch Date
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2003, 01:19:08 PM »

Maya--

An astute observation on "Last Samurai" marketing...

Americans did, indeed, travel to Japan in the late 1800's to act as mercenaries and/or military advisors. That said, history provides an interesting starting point for a good - fictionalized - yarn about a caucasian samurai.

Don't think I can blame the studio for wanting to cast Cruise in the role as he's a huge draw in Japan (and here, of course). Aside from England, I think Japan is the biggest foreign audience for US films (maybe bigger??).

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2003, 01:21:11 PM »

WB, WFO!  We missed your posts!  

Wow....I love my co-worker.  He just spent 15 minutes teaching me French curse words.  ;)

LADJohn--Good point!  I think I read also at one point that like many other American stars, Tom Cruise has done a few commericals in Japan...

Are you familiar with Pacific Overtures, btw?  I've heard a few songs from it, and keep meaning to buy the cast album.  I love the mingling of East and West, as long as the West doesn't swallow up the East if that makes any sense.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 01:25:02 PM by Maya »

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2003, 01:23:17 PM »

Maya..

Can't wait to hear you french me!

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2003, 01:28:02 PM »

LOL, Craig!  Well, maybe if you can tear yourself away from le chocolat.... :P

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2003, 01:30:20 PM »

ok.. that's just crazy talk MAYA!! Have you tried these things??

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2003, 01:36:10 PM »

LADJohn--thanks for the review of the Last Samurai!  I DO want to see it, even though something about the idea of a Caucasian being the last true samurai inherently disturbs me.  Would a movie with an Asian actor playing the samurai-protagonist have been so hard to market to Amerian audiences??

I am delurking just for a moment.. to say that I think the title of the movie actually refers to a Japanese character in the movie, and not to Tom Cruise.  At least that's what I chose to believe because the alternative completely offends me. :)
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2003, 01:42:10 PM »

Welcome back LC. So you may be the only person to know if François actually exists and if he is indeed a dwarf who works part time at Notre Dame De Paris.
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2003, 01:45:03 PM »

Hey look it's LC. I have not seen her for so long. Hi LC!!!!!!

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2003, 01:45:40 PM »

LOL - I can verify that he exists and is actually quite tall, but I am as mystified as the rest of you as to why he has departed HHW.
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2003, 01:46:31 PM »

Hi Jennifer! :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up