Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A ROOM WITH A VIEW  (Read 33541 times)

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
Re:A ROOM WITH A VIEW
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2003, 01:55:04 PM »

Craig--haha!  I am way too much of a chocolaholic, so I really should.  In fact, I've decided on Christmas presents for my close friends.  For each of them, I am going to write a poem (probably a limerick) and give them each a big box of Whitman's chocolate!  It will save me money for one thing.  I iz broke.  

Welcome back, LC!  Very glad you decided to de-lurk!  

Well, I am definitely going to be in NYC from Dec. 30th to Jan. 2nd.  I just bought my Greyhound tickets in fact!

Emily, Andrea--We'll take Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island too...well, at least Manhattan.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 01:55:40 PM by Maya »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2003, 01:57:04 PM »

Welcome Back, WFO, and thank you for those warm words.

And let me remind the DRs, the show is called Our Wedding - The Musical not Our Marriage.  Marriage lasts a lifetime, but Our Wedding lasted roughly 45 minutes.  My entrance isn't until the third number.  So, over that span of time, my understudy didn't have to step in for me.  And that would be my Best Man, who, as some of you know, is a busty young lady who lives and performs in the San Francisco Bay Area.

My simple Christmas wish (Uh-oh: a David Friedman reference) would be for all DRs to follow those marching orrders from Mr. Orr and buy Our Wedding - The Musical.  Some of you wonderful people have already followed suit (apparently Jennifer thinks it's coming in a box).

And now you've got me humming Noel Coward's early song, A Room With a View.  We'll bill and we'll coo, oo-oo...
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2003, 01:57:12 PM »

What about taking me, Maya?

And what am I getting for my Birthday. I hope not the same whitman sampler!

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2003, 01:59:39 PM »

Noel - me wonders why my email box doesn't have a reply from you regarding my offer..

hmmm ;)

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2003, 02:07:25 PM »

Craig--you will get a poem for Hannukah/Christmas!  And maybe if you have been really good this year, and can find the time when you aren't working....

You will receive the wonderful gift of meeting Em, Andrea and myself (and hopefully Swish too if she can make it...we promise we will be good chaperones!!)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 02:08:03 PM by Maya »

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2003, 02:16:29 PM »

LC and WFO, nice to see your smiling posts again!

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2003, 02:18:52 PM »

I know a guy named Craig Brockman
He is real and not a mock-man
He likes mint Hershey kisses
And has many a Mrs.
He's simply a love-round-the-clock man

Everyone let me know if they want me to write them a limerick!  I really like writing them.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2003, 02:19:30 PM »

Hurray....great to see WFO and LC!  Oh my Maya, Emily, and Andrea, AND Sarah together in New York.....I am not sure if it's going to be like the movie "How to Marry a Millionaire" or "The Best of Everything" or "On the Town!"  Have fun, members of the FAIR sex (LOL DR PANNI), and NYC look out!

You know of course, Mr BK, that your phonograph should be fine.....Ms Patty Duke has less than 18 minutes of actual "Valley of the Dolls" songs on the LP - Come Live With Me, It's Impossible, I'll Plant My Own Tree, Give a Little More, and Theme from......  Some of the other songs are okay, but NONE of them are on her CD!

I am scanning my computer for a rogue Trojan, no comments please!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2003, 02:20:17 PM »

I, too, am glad for The Return of WFO.

Package was redelivered, so I'll either get it late tonight or I may actually leave for an hour at the end of the day and then come back at seven.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2003, 02:25:42 PM »

The Return of WFO---that sounds like a blockbuster.  How about The Return of WFO: Algebra Attacks.

Jrand--LOL!  Awwww....we're just going to have fun and maybe see a show or two...not marry millionaires or hook up with on-leave sailors!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2003, 02:26:05 PM »

Was anyone here a fan of the series FIREFLY from last season? The DVD boxed set of episodes was released this week, and I found it today for half price and quickly ordered it.

I really enjoyed this blending of sci-fi and western last year and was not happy when the show got canceled. I'm looking forward to seeing the entire 14 episode series without commercials. Three of these episodes never aired, and I believe I missed one or two of them before the show got canned.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 02:27:19 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2003, 02:26:39 PM »

Maya..

I loved my Limmerick - if only it were true... ;)

As for you being GOOD chaperones.. great.. how can I get you to be BAD ones ;)

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2003, 02:31:56 PM »

Hahaha!  Craig, try as you might, the girls and I will be on our best behavior.  (well, I don't know about Andrea!!)

Then again, I will be 21 by then....but I will not touch an alcoholic beverage.  Uh-uh.  Absolut sobriety!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2003, 02:34:34 PM »

I am scanning my computer for a rogue Trojan, no comments please!

I really MUST comment, though, JRand.

First, a Trojan was a citizen of Troy.  The current usage is more a misnomer -- "The Trojan Horse" was a Greek-built device that they hid soldiers inside of.  When the visible Greek forces went back to their ships (a ruse) after years of assaults upon the walls of Troy without getting in, they left the wooden horse, and the Trojans (citizens of Troy) hauled this marvel inside the city walls and revelled that they had endured the Greeks.  That night, Greek soldiers crawled out of the horse and opened the city gates, allowing inside the Greek troops which had regathered outside Troy!

So it would be acccurate calling a virus a "Trojan Horse," but calling it a "Trojan" removes all the stigma off the Greeks and places it on the populace of Troy (which doesn't really care, since it's extinct).

(Stuffy preaching over!)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 02:37:08 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Noel

• Musings on musicals
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2003, 02:36:55 PM »

....we're just going to have fun and maybe see a show or two...not marry millionaires or hook up with on-leave sailors!

How do you know you won't?  This is New York: anything can happen!

Or were you thinking of wearing signs that say "No millionaires need apply"?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2003, 02:39:27 PM »

I think they should have T-shirts made that read

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOLDDIGGERS OF 2004[/move][/size]

in gold sparkies and they should wear the shirts wherever the go together!

They would draw CROWDS, I'm sure!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 02:40:01 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Emily

« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2003, 02:39:40 PM »

Jrand--LOL!  Awwww....we're just going to have fun and maybe see a show or two...not marry millionaires or hook up with on-leave sailors!

Hold on... I agreed to this trip on the GUARANTEE that we would try to seduce millionaires.

What else would a trip with Andrea entail but AMERICAN MILLIONAIRES!?! ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2003, 02:41:24 PM »

Then again, I will be 21 by then....but I will not touch an alcoholic beverage.  Uh-uh.  Absolut sobriety!

You know it took me a moment's though there to realise I will not be considered legal tp purchase alcohol in your country despite the fact that it will be two years since I was in the great nation of Canuckistan.

And they call the US the land of free?  ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2003, 02:47:16 PM »

Emily, not that I am condoning underage drinking, but you can always come do it at my apartment.  Or maybe the millionaires will invite you..  ;D
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Emily

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2003, 02:47:42 PM »

I think it is time for a chocolate intervention for DR Craig buoys and gulls.  He needs to be clean for his harem visit.

Craig please answer the following questions known as the CAGE method of intervention and originally used for narcotics addicts.  I think chocolate addiction might be worse...

C - Have you ever felt the need to Cut down on your chocolate?

A - Have you ever felt Annoyed by someone criticizing your chocolate intake?

G - Have you ever felt Guilty about eating chocolate?

E - Have you ever had to eat chocolate in the morning to quiet your nerves or relieve a sugar-low? (Eye Opener)  [/i]

Emily

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2003, 02:48:57 PM »

Actually LC - I really don't drink that often.  

I just dislike the idea that a piano bar will be out of the question because of my age.  Blech. :)

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2003, 02:51:32 PM »

I know, I was just teasing.  Although, in the time I have lived here, I can count on one hand the number of times I have been carded.  So you never know.
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Noel

• Musings on musicals
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2003, 02:58:40 PM »

I just dislike the idea that a piano bar will be out of the question because of my age.  Blech. :)

Unless they're so crowded that they want to exclude people, the piano bars aren't going to card you (unless, of course, you try to order some alcohol).

Jed

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2003, 02:58:47 PM »

Maya, Andrea, and Emily all running loose in NYC for New Years???  I'm suddenly thinking a plane ticket would be my best Christmas present. ;)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2003, 03:01:23 PM »

DR Ron - you are correct, I am trying to corral a Trojan Horse!

And remember girls - that's the great thing about a bear trap - you don't have to catch a lot of them....just one big one.  And there is NO Mr. Cadillac.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2003, 03:05:30 PM »

Ooooooohhh!

I just got a "sparkly" from eBay!

Actually, it's a lobby card.  Lobby #6 from "Gypsy" -- Gypsy and Tulsa dancing to "All I Need is the Girl"!

My favorite scene/number in the show!

And two new DTS DVDs (new to me, DR MattH) -- "American Beauty" and "Cocoon."

Jed

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2003, 03:05:33 PM »

Welcome back, LC!!!  It's simply grand to see you back among us.  Same goes for our dear WFO!

Christmas gifts... This is one of those years where I'm in something of a quandary.  I'm sure there are plenty of little things I'd pick up for myself if I could afford them, but I'm having trouble thinking of any ideas to hint around to my family.  Ahh well, my mother always does well with coming up with neat stuff I'd never have thought of myself.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2003, 03:06:44 PM »

DR Emily:  There must be piano bars in NYC for non-drinkers.  Call al-Anon and ask for recommendations!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2003, 03:07:23 PM »

As if to test my appreciation of the little ironies of life... A few hours after my saying on HHW that I'm not so great at being on the receiving end of gift-giving, I had my first official visitor at my lovely, but teeny-tiny, new guest house digs --  an old friend who was going to take me to lunch -- and who arrived bearing a gigantic bouquet and a HUGE gift basket from Trader Joe's -- two bottles of wine, cheeses, chocolate bicuits, gourmet savory thins, cookies, nuts, a beautiful nutcracker, ground coffee, etc. etc - all done up for Christmas (although we're both Jewish). I was astonished! Very appreciative, of course, but astonished and a little embarrassed. I just kept saying, "Oh! Thank you! Thank you!" (And thinking, "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy...")

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2003, 03:07:48 PM »

DR Tom From OZ:  So...???  How did the viewing of "The Two Towers" go last night?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up