Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MISSING HOURS  (Read 63510 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:THE MISSING HOURS
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2006, 09:56:43 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  VIBES OF HEALTH FOR DR DANISE  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2006, 10:00:11 AM »

PAGE FIVE DANCE:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2006, 10:05:12 AM »

When I was at Miami University, there was a married director who was notorious for giving the football players in his speech class, as well as several handsome actors in his productions, "breathing lessons."  

Are these "lessons" ones in which  the director has the student flat on his back and, using his hand(s), "shows him" where he should be breathing from...as the hand moves from the diaphragm to the stomach to the pelvis regions?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2006, 10:05:38 AM »

Hmmmm......my first question for this ASK BK day.....which film do you think was most successfully (creatively speaking) turned into a television series?

My first vote goes to PEYTON PLACE with MASH a close second.

I think ALL IN THE FAMILY could be added to the list.  Even though it was directly based from the British TV series, the characters and their relationships are derived as much from Norman Lear and Bud Yorkin's NEVER TOO LATE.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2006, 10:09:59 AM »

I think "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" is a major contender.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2006, 10:11:35 AM »

I think ALL IN THE FAMILY could be added to the list.  Even though it was directly based from the British TV series, the characters and their relationships are derived as much from Norman Lear and Bud Yorkin's NEVER TOO LATE.

Peyton Place was fun.  My fave was The Thin Man, however.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2006, 10:32:39 AM »

Back from the jog - I thought I was going to DIE.  Now it's 95 degrees at nine-thirty in the morning.  I'd just better start jogging at seven.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2006, 10:40:44 AM »

Are these "lessons" ones in which  the director has the student flat on his back and, using his hand(s), "shows him" where he should be breathing from...as the hand moves from the diaphragm to the stomach to the pelvis regions?

I have no idea what was involved.  It was all highly suspicious and I doubt the administration would have approved.  I'm sure several grade point averages were helped out via these instructions.  Sounds kind of like Dr Pangloss and Paquette, n'est-ce pas?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2006, 10:42:14 AM »

MY HOUSE IS GETTING COOLER BY THE MOMENT!!!!!!!

of course I am at work now, so I won't be able to enjoy it until later, but I turned the thermostat way down. I figure all the furniture etc is hot and needs to cool down. It will be frosty when I get home...then I'll set it normally.   Once we fired it up (can you fire up something that is cold) I couldn't believe how fast the house began cooling down and how cold the air was coming out of the vents.  

This is my best Birthday present this year...even if I do have to pay for it.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2006, 11:09:36 AM »

Rodz is back.

And wishing the happiest of birthdays to Cillaliz, whose posts I always look forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2006, 11:12:15 AM »

Did I read correctly in the notes that THE LOVED ONE is now on DVD? This is monumental news!

-no pun intended

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2006, 11:14:01 AM »

Healthy and peaceful vibes to Danise, DakotaCelt, Elmore and their respective family members.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2006, 11:17:48 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~EVERY KIND OF POSSIBLE VIBAGE FOR DANISE AND HER MOTHER!!!~~~[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2006, 11:22:07 AM »

Did I read correctly in the notes that THE LOVED ONE is now on DVD? This is monumental news!

-no pun intended

Yep.  Oh, joy(boy)!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2006, 11:23:40 AM »

A Most Convivial

Natal Day Greeting

to

Ms. Cillaliz

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »

During the weekend I came across an old cassette tape that was released around 1985 called THE PRIDE OF PORTLAND. The cassette was produced locally in Portland using local talent such as Nu Shooz, Dan Reed Network, Crazy 8's, Cal Scott, and other singers and bands from the area...anywho, when I bought it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I only listend to two songs on it which I loved...but now that I have this rental car which has only a cassette player in it I have been listening to the cassette...boy Portland had some great pop music talent back  in the 80s!!!

Two of the songs on the cassette got a lot of airplay, although likely only locally and the whole thing was done to raise money "For African and Oregon Hunger Relief" and featured the hit song KEEP GIVING TO THE WORLD by the Pride of Portland chorus (which was made up of local celebs from the sports, political, music, and broadcasting world).

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »

Oh, the point of the above post was that I love this cassette now, but it is so worn (being over 20 years old) that I need to try and find another copy (it is, unfortunately,  pre-CD  ::) )

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2006, 11:37:39 AM »

"I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz. A dancefloor classic!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2006, 11:45:58 AM »

When I was at Miami University, there was a married director who was notorious for giving the football players in his speech class, as well as several handsome actors in his productions, "breathing lessons."   What sort of lessons are you giving, DR Jose?

That sounds so familiar- my high school choir teacher gave me and a couple of other girls "breathing lessons"  :-X

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2006, 11:47:54 AM »

When I was at Miami University, there was a married director who was notorious for giving the football players in his speech class, as well as several handsome actors in his productions, "breathing lessons."   What sort of lessons are you giving, DR Jose?

It was a coaching.  Not a lesson.

(Fill in your punchline here.)  ;-)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2006, 11:49:29 AM »

-no pun intended

And speaking of Tab Hunter (he's in the movie ;)), yesterday was his birthday and he turned 75 years old.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 12:05:06 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2006, 11:50:17 AM »

Mother-in-Law from Oz

SYDNEY (July 12) - Forget cute, cuddly marsupials. A team of Australian paleontologists say they have found the fossilized remains of a fanged killer kangaroo and what they describe as a "demon duck of doom."

Read All About It

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2006, 11:51:37 AM »

...There was a voice teacher at my college who tried teaching proper breathing technique by having his young female students take off their shirts/blouses/etc., and stand there in their bras.  He would then ask them to place a Kleenex over their chest.  The goal was to make the Kleenex not move - which meant that you were properly breathing from your diaphragm.  However, that also meant that the young girls had to keep their chests stuck out.  Hmm... :-\

-Whatever happened to just dropping a pencil on the floor?   "Could you pick that up for me?"

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2006, 11:52:57 AM »

That sounds so familiar- my high school choir teacher gave me and a couple of other girls "breathing lessons"  :-X

That's what happens when you let heterosexual choir masters around young girls!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 11:53:20 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2006, 12:08:35 PM »

THE LOVED ONE is a favorite of mine, and it was on TV just a couple weeks ago. What I noticed watching it is that so much of the dialogue was dubbed. And one of the characters played by Jonathan Winters has a different dubbed name than whatever they called him when filming. They call him "Will" but their mouths are saying something else.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2006, 12:10:09 PM »

It was a coaching.  Not a lesson.

(Fill in your punchline here.)  ;-)
He already knew how, but needed practice.

And you are a practicing...

:o

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2006, 12:14:15 PM »

Now I know what DR Jose meant when he kept telling me "practice maks perfect"....it all makes sense now.

Ben

« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2006, 12:55:26 PM »

It's official Michael, Trax Colton is not related to any branch of the Brooklyn/Long Island Morelli clan that we know.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2006, 01:07:34 PM »

Howdy, all... and a HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY (that's the magic three for luck) BIRTHDAY TO OUR CILLALIZ, THE KILLER LAWYER!!! Have a very COOL day!
PennyO
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up