Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MISSING HOURS  (Read 63478 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE MISSING HOURS
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2006, 06:26:10 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~VIBES TO DANISE, CILLALIZ, MY DAD, DYLAN, AND EVERYBODY ELSE WHO NEEDS 'EM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]

And a page 3 Dance!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:26:39 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2006, 06:30:52 AM »

Should a movie about a three-hour dinner in a fancy restaurant be titled Grand Prix Fixe?

See, I do read the notes!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2006, 06:33:40 AM »

And the word of the day is: PARADIDDLE!
Lacking a drum for his PARADIDDLE, the percussionist PADDLED AIR.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2006, 06:38:26 AM »

...I remember when one of Barbra Streisand's movies was released on DVD last year or the year before and the big advertising was something like "special Barbra commentary on select scenes."  In other words, probably not even 10 minutes of Babs' commentary during the entire movie (whichever one it was). :P
Which begs the question: why would you want to hear Babs talk about herself for more than ten minutes?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2006, 06:40:51 AM »

Which begs the question: why would you want to hear Babs talk about herself for more than ten minutes?
AMEN!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2006, 06:52:41 AM »

Good morning, all!  Posting from my own eMac, I am happier than a gazelle in spring.  I did have parts of a lovely, but necessary, visit to Ohio.  My dad is doing quite well now:  this last round of chemo left him neither sick or debilitated, and I have hopes he will be around for longer than I could have hoped.

This morning, I have a trek to the Post Office, possibly a meeting with the composer of THE TRAGIC AND HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN, and - alas - I have to deal with my intern Dylan, who's been a good friend and who took great care of the place while I was gone.  

He has decided he does not want to live in New York, but his current depression on what he wants to do with himself has led to inertia:  one of the reasons I let him move in was that his share of the rent would help cover trips to Ohio.  So far, I've got next to nothing from him, and I could use the money.  He's complained about his B&N colleagues being morons, but they're paying more rent money, I'm sure, some of them going to school as well, and surviving.  I'm not a charity and I'm only sympathetic to a point.  I knew he had psychological scars from his horror of a mother, but I cannot repair years of damage.  And she's still playing mindgames on him, which only increase the inertia and depression!

Oy!
Vibage to you, Elmore.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Vibage to your clan.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Vibage to composers who hold meetings at the post office.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]

As for Dylan, it does sound like classic depression from your comments.  Inertia can be a symptom of the condition, as well.  Has he been seeing a doctor about his condition, and getting medication?  It sounds like he need it, more than moving to another place.  In fact, the energy required for moving could aggravate what is going on.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

Vibage for Danise and clan.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Vibage for DakotaCelt and clan.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Vibage for Cillaliz.
Oh, wait, that's supposed to be Happy Birthday!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D[/move]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:57:45 AM by S. Woody White »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2006, 07:04:59 AM »

Walty is comfortably ensconced at the vet. While I was there dropping him off, a days old kitten came in accompanied by 5 firefighters.  After they left we had a chuckle about how it took five of them to bring in a teeny tiny kitten.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2006, 07:08:35 AM »

I found this in the news section over at IMDB:

'Pirates' Movie Producers Sued by Screenwriter

The global success of the Pirates Of The Caribbean sequel has been tainted by a Hollywood screenwriter, who claims the whole idea for the franchise was his. The megahit, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, smashed box office records in eight territories - including America and the UK - over the weekend, but writer Royce Mathew is keen to halt the celebrations. He claims he created "drawings" and a "screenplay" for a project he called Supernatural Pirate Movie - and now he fears his ideas have been turned into a Disney blockbuster. Royce states he even called the pirate ship in his film treatment the Black Pearl - the same name used for Johnny Depp's craft, and the subtitle for the original film. And he also created a lead characters called Will Turner - the same name as Orlando Bloom's swashbuckler in the Disney films - and Elizabeth - the Christian name of Keira Knightley's character. The screenwriter insists he registered the drawings and his screenplay with the US Copyright Office, and is now suing the The Walt Disney Company, Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Touchstone Home Video and producer Jerry Bruckheimer, claiming movie bosses used his ideas as a blueprint for the Pirates of The Caribbean films. [/size]

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but it strains my credulity even more completely than any product by Gerber that this fellow, Royce Mathew, is only now suing Disney et al.  After all, the first PotC movie came out three years ago - didn't Mr. Mathew hear about it then?  Especially since every element he claims to be his was included in said first film.

Of course, according to his IMDB biography, in 2003 he was doing nude modeling for art classes in NYC.  Maybe he just couldn't find his clothes, and they wouldn't let him into the theaters.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:09:09 AM by S. Woody White »

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2006, 07:08:36 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR CILLA LIZ!!  Keep your monkey off the water tower!

LOL, But he's wearing his jacket and tennis shoes...

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2006, 07:10:08 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR CILLA LIZ!!  Keep your monkey off the water tower!

DR JRand, he's getting ready to climb the flag pole....want to watch?

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2006, 07:14:39 AM »

Thanks again to all for the birthday greetings and DR SWoody...I'll take vibes any time...right now vibes the AC guy really shows up again...he's over an hour late!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2006, 07:22:58 AM »

Good morning!

The forecast says thundershowers this afternoon, but until that happens, it's hot and sticky here. Miserable, in fact. Near 80 already this morning. Ugh!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2006, 07:24:06 AM »

A very happy birthday to the sweet, lovely, and really nice Cillaliz!!! Have a great day!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2006, 07:24:51 AM »

Larry, I am very happy to hear that your dad is doing much better...!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2006, 07:25:20 AM »

Getting stuck with deadbeat "roommates" is a pain, DR Elmore. I've had two in my life. One stayed 5 months, and the other an incredible 14 months. I only let the 14 month one stay because I was in love with him and hoping he'd come around. He did pay his half of "selected" utilities (the cheaper ones like water and natural gas; of course, gas isn't cheap any more). Oh, the horror stories I could tell!

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2006, 07:25:34 AM »

Strenght vibes to DakotaCelt, I am sorry that your father is doing poorly...please take care.

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2006, 07:26:40 AM »

And vibes to dear Danise and mom...I am thinking good thoughts and sending them your way....take care of yourself!

Oh, and thanks for the wonderful dog in the pool photos...they certainly brighten any day!

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2006, 07:27:28 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to DR CILLALIZ!!![/move]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:28:13 AM by Matt H. »

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2006, 07:27:41 AM »

And lastly, but certainly not leastly, vibes to Walty the cat for a clean bill of health!!!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2006, 07:27:43 AM »

Woody,

It is typical that this sort of lawsuit happens when almost any movie becomes a mega-hit.  I know Terry Rossio And Ted Elliott...the credited writers of the first movie and the only writers of the second...very well, good enough to regard them as pals, have been up to Terry's Mullohand home on several occasions, have done panels and guild business with Ted and used to frequent their website, Wordplay, more often than this one...they still have articles of mine posed.  They are hard-working honest guys and deserve their success.  

Any success like this has people crawling out of the woodwork, claiming their ideas have been stolen...very rarely to these charges amount to anything.  It will also be very hard for this guy to claim his ideas were stolen when the movie is basically based on an amusement park ride.  Hell, maybe I should sue because when I was with Disney in the late eighties, I suggested doing a movie based on Pirates of Carribean, my favourite ride (though I had no specific story at the time).  No one took me up on the idea at the time...story of my life, missed timing.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

Good wishes for good things for DRs Danise and DakotaCelt.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2006, 07:31:27 AM »

I was very distressed to read about Matt Ashford's release from DAYS OF OUR LIVES. The comings and goings from these soaps is often a head scratcher for me because it's certainly NOT based on talent. When I've gotten involved in certains soaps, I've always been shocked how untalented lunks continue on year after year while more talented folk either get axed or placed on the recurring list where we might not see them for months on end. Very frustrating and one of the reasons I take long sabbaticals from the soaps.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2006, 07:33:13 AM »

Good morning!

The forecast says thundershowers this afternoon, but until that happens, it's hot and sticky here. Miserable, in fact. Near 80 already this morning. Ugh!

We are already at 78 at 920 am central time....

They are predicting 95 to 105 for the rest of the week for Fargo and it has been even hotter west of here.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2006, 07:36:34 AM »

We are already at 78 at 920 am central time....

They are predicting 95 to 105 for the rest of the week for Fargo and it has been even hotter west of here.

But you must be happy! You were asking for some hot weather a few days ago. I, on the other hand, will be unhappy about this for the next few months until we can get to some more moderate temperatures.   :-\

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2006, 07:38:25 AM »

I guess I will return to the first season box of THE WILD WILD WEST this afternoon, at least for one more episode or so. I would like to see a full length film today, too, and there is nothing on of interest to me tonight on network TV, so DVDs will continue to be my primary entertainment source today.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2006, 07:40:06 AM »

Question for DR Ben....I was doing some research on actor Trax Colton and, finding out that his real name is Louis Morelli, I don't suppose there is any chance of your own Anthony Morelli being a relative of his?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2006, 07:42:16 AM »

But you must be happy! You were asking for some hot weather a few days ago. I, on the other hand, will be unhappy about this for the next few months until we can get to some more moderate temperatures.   :-\

WE only have a few weeks of hot weather... Then we will cool down.

However, we dont get as much humidity as you do down there.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2006, 07:50:21 AM »

Good Morning!

I have a coaching to prepare for later today, so...  I guess that means I should clean my room.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2006, 07:51:19 AM »

!!!!!Happy Birthday, DR Cillaliz!!!!![/size][/i]
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up