Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TICKING CLOCK  (Read 58460 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE TICKING CLOCK
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

Although it's my day off, I've got a lot to do.  I'm waiting on a call from the vet to find out when I can pick up Sir Walty.  I've got laundry, cleaning, and I'm doing my best to make it to the gym every day.  It's hard to be motivated in this heat- when I went yesterday the air conditioner was broken and being worked on so I couldn't stay very long.

No A/C at the gym?  Is that legal?
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2006, 10:17:53 AM »

Betcha GEICO will have a blast with this one:

AP

Police Dog Blamed for Putting Truck in Gear, Running Over Woman

Thursday , July 13, 2006

OGDEN, Utah — A police dog that was left in a pickup truck with the engine running apparently knocked the vehicle into gear and ran down a woman who was walking to her mailbox.

Mary F. Stone, 41, was expected to remain hospitalized with a fractured pelvis and tailbone until at least Friday, said her husband, Paul Stone.

The dog, a German shepherd named Ranger, had been left in the truck while its handler responded to a domestic disturbance call Tuesday, police Lt. Loring Draper said. The truck's engine was on so Ranger would have air conditioning.

Draper said Ranger must have hit the shift on the steering column, putting the automatic transmission into gear. As the truck slowly rolled forward, police officers yelled to Stone, but she couldn't get out of the way in time, he said.

A front and rear tire ran over her. "She had tire marks on her clothes," her husband said.
The truck then went through the Stones' yard and struck a vehicle in the driveway.

der Brucer

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 10:20:01 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2006, 10:59:47 AM »

That'll teach her to go out and get her mail!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2006, 11:01:37 AM »

Off to opening night....must stop at a couple of shops to try to find a replacement for a BROKEN prop.

Yes, as I director I made someone cry last night by telling them that they are killing a scene.....not the first time for that note.  About two times out of five she makes it work.....and I keep thinking THOSE times are not the accidents.

Plan B will be in effect tonight....if she blubbers and hesitates too long....the policeman is coming in the shoot her.....  The policeman in the play, that is.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2006, 11:05:38 AM »

JRand55, you have turned into Michael Curtiz!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2006, 11:12:40 AM »

There's a brief retrospective doc on The Loved One.  One line changed from the script (probably due to casting) was:

Movie version:  I'll have breast of squab Brigitte and the Goldwater Nut Flip.

Script version:  I'll have breast of squab Brigitte and the Liberace Fruit Cup.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2006, 11:12:58 AM »

Jogged, then had to prepare twelve packages for shipping.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2006, 11:27:17 AM »

That'll teach her to go out and get her mail!

Maybe the cop will have learned to set his brakes, too!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2006, 11:31:31 AM »

There's a brief retrospective doc on The Loved One.  One line changed from the script (probably due to casting) was:

Movie version:  I'll have breast of squab Brigitte and the Goldwater Nut Flip.

Script version:  I'll have breast of squab Brigitte and the Liberace Fruit Cup.

Or possibly because of the libel suit he had already won.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »

LA Times

Schwarzenegger Calls for Banning Hand-Held Cellphone Use While Driving

Schwarzenegger signals support for long-stalled legislation banning drivers' use of hand-held cellphones. The practice is 'inexcusable,' he says.
By Jordan Rau, Times Staff Writer

July 13, 2006

SACRAMENTO — Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Wednesday condemned one of the most prototypical Los Angeles driving practices — grasping a steering wheel with one hand and a cellphone with the other — and gave a strong boost to legislative efforts to outlaw hand-held mobile phones throughout California.

Note to Editor: "outlaw hand-held mobile phones" - unconditionally? I think not.

(Schwarzenegger told his daughter " I have had many, many conversations with her that if I ever catch her making a phone call while she is driving — and I sometimes follow her to make sure that she doesn't make that mistake — [that] I will take the car away from her and she can drive the bus because it's inexcusable."

Great - punish the kid by making her drive the inexcusable bus!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2006, 12:02:19 PM »

Forgot I have an autographed script from both Days and Another World
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2006, 12:02:57 PM »

it was from a fundraiser but it does not have Matt's name on it..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2006, 12:11:20 PM »

Forgot I have an autographed script from both Days and Another World

DakotaCelt  - what do you thnk about Days these days?  Who do you think the gloved hand is?  Like I mentioned before, I'm tired of the Mimi/Shaun/Belle/Phillip thing and I wish Sami's secret would finally come out.  I miss Marlena. (I've been watching since 1984 on and off) I know she's gone for the summer and will be back.  I was so happy to see Kayla again (and where this crush I have on her came from, I do not know!) and I hope things start moving along with Steve and his amnesia!   Just my two cents. :)

Ben

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2006, 12:36:07 PM »

Mother Courage in Central Park just increased the star power:

Kevin Kline

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2006, 12:44:31 PM »

I'm having great difficulty remembering my new phone extension, 8624, so decided I needed to come up with a word using the letters on the keypad.  So far, I have (for good days) VOCI, from voci eguali, Italian meaning "equal voices" and (for bad days) UNAG.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2006, 01:13:57 PM »

Back from the mail place - no Nudie DVDs arrived, which is most worrisome.  I only have four copies left and I placed this order on Monday which is plenty of time to get here (ships from Vegas) - the gal I ordered from at Image keeps saying she's checking with the distribution center but that she can't connect with them - I just wrote her and said they need to Fed Ex them for tomorrow because I don't need them if I don't have them for this weekend's show.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2006, 01:18:12 PM »

Had a nice long lunch which meant I got to see fewer things this afternoon than usual.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2006, 01:18:38 PM »

DR TPunk - Too bad it's not earlier in the week, or we could have taken your friend down to Splash for Musical Mondays.  ;)

That would have been awesome, actually he's probably been there before.  He was my roommate back when I moved to NYC and into this apartment 7 years ago.  He worked for a broadway press office before going upstate to get his masters degree and then to Boston to teach.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2006, 01:19:35 PM »

No A/C at the gym?  Is that legal?

Thankfully they installed a brand new one and it was working quite well today.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »

I did see MELINDA AND MELINDA. Interesting experiment as many of Woody's films are. I found myself enjoying the "comedy" Melinda story much, much more than the dreary characters in the "tragedy" Melinda story. Found the actors in the comedy version much more to my liking, too.

Neither story had much weight to it, however, and as frequently with Woody, he didn't really know how to end either story.

Still, glad I saw it. It was still worlds better than CELEBRITY or CURSE OF THE JADE SCORPION.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2006, 01:22:41 PM »

Just watched Battleground from TNT's Nightmares and Dreamscapes series.  A fellow Stephen King fan sent me a promo set of the entire series. Its nice to be able to watch them commercial free and on my own schedule.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2006, 01:23:18 PM »

FJL, I don't know if Rodzinski and I can do the 13th- I do believe that we will be in Ohio that weekend for a wedding, but I will double check with the powers that be.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2006, 01:24:34 PM »

it was from a fundraiser but it does not have Matt's name on it..

Couldn't you just spit?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2006, 01:24:53 PM »

Then I watched last night's edition of PEE-WEE's PLAYHOUSE. It was raining outside, so Pee-Wee (and the audience) was stuck inside fairly bored with the things inside that are usually lots of fun.

This episode seemed to be treading water with not much inspiration from anyone.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2006, 01:25:16 PM »

Well, I've finished all of my chores for the day and even managed to squeeze in lunch with a friend.  I called the vet to check in on our little one but was told he can't come home yet.  I have to call them again at 6:45 before they close to see if he can come home then or if he has to stay another night.  I guess they are waiting for some "movement".  At any rate, I miss him and I think Killbot does too.  She's been more vocal than usual today and is sticking close by me.  I knew she liked him!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »

I just remembered another autographed item in my possession- the pilot script from Grey's Anatomy signed by the cast.  I won it in a silent auction a few months back.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2006, 01:26:26 PM »

Just watched Battleground from TNT's Nightmares and Dreamscapes series.  A fellow Stephen King fan sent me a promo set of the entire series. Its nice to be able to watch them commercial free and on my own schedule.

A couple of reviews I've read about this series have been very complimentary.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2006, 01:27:22 PM »

I'm fighting off a mild headache.  My first one in a while since I've been making use of everyone's suggestions and recommendations. :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »

A couple of reviews I've read about this series have been very complimentary.

I thought this particular one was great.

Possible spoiler:

William Hurt gave a great performance - and I realized at the end that he had gone the entire program without uttering a single word.  Amazing.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »

I was supposed to meet up with some former co-workers tonight for a friend's farewell party, but I'm going to have to skip it so that I can call the vet, and hopefully bring Walty home.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up