Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I LED THIRTEEN LIVES  (Read 59944 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:I LED THIRTEEN LIVES
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2006, 10:56:45 AM »

Page 4 before noon!!!
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2006, 10:57:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: SAGACIOUS!

Is that the feeling you have when you first get your SAG card?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2006, 11:03:35 AM »

Does anyone know anything about The Crawford Agency?  My niece signed a one year contract with them and has been getting scripts from them so she can submit taped auditions.   From what I can tell they look legit, but just curious

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2006, 11:11:36 AM »

Sorry to read about Boo, Cillaliz.

In an odd way, I suppose, Callie has "won."  She has convinced you she won't tolerate another animal in her house and won't share you.

I will reiterate it took my cats three months to stop acting out and behave properly...something they were doing when I wasn't there, and they made the mistake of behaving properly in front of a person who was watching them for me when I was out of town.

I do understand about bad feline behaviour, though.  When they don't like something they go to extraordinary...and nasty...lengths to express themselves.

You have my sympathies for having to find Boo a new home.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:12:27 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

DR MattH:  About "Eureka"...I was entertained, although not blown away.  There are many intriguing aspects to this show that may play out into something extraordinary.  The leading actor, Colin Ferguson, is perfect.

BUT...I have major reservations about any show that features Matt Frewer.  This actor grates on my nervous system like fingernails on a chalkboard.

His voice has an unusual, and very annoying, nasal quality that, coupled with his "fried brain" appearance, truly puts me off.

Add to that his ridiculous, and awful, "Australian accent" for this character and you might well imagine I was ready to chew nails every time he turned up....which, BLISSFULLY, wasn't too often in the 2-hour premiere.

Very little of Frewer goes way overboard in my book
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:18:06 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2006, 11:19:09 AM »

I'm with you on Frewer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2006, 11:20:34 AM »

I'm with you on Frewer

I loved his series DOCTOR DOCTOR.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2006, 11:21:07 AM »

But then - some things seem important, but they are really not.

DRLAURA and DR DAKOTA CELT have made us aware of that.

And on Monday, my friend Ernie (he was Oscar when I was Felix) suffered a stroke and is in the hospital.  And last night they discovered his sister Jan (one of the Pigeon sisters) dead of a heart attack in her house....

Distressing for many people....but the show must go on.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~COMFORT VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM~~~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2006, 11:24:12 AM »

Cillaliz-
I am always leery of these types of agencies, having worked for what turned out to be a fraudulent literary agent once, and seeing it from the inside. If she is being charged money as part of the contract, the legitimacy is in question.

I found this discussion on a msg. board, which may not be the same agency, but the person does bring up a good point. Make sure she can ask questions and inquire about the details of the services provided. Some of these places set up deals where they accept anyone, take their money, let them tape all the auditions they want, and either don't do anything with the tapes or submit en masse to indifferent casting people.

Here is a link to a brief chatboard exchange I saw...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/denverprofessionaltheatrearts/message/149?viscount=100

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2006, 11:25:16 AM »

And my sister is moving on Tuesday to Seattle to be with a man she met on the internet who has a LONG criminal history including time spent in Federal Prison for a crime I shall not mention.

No amount of common sense talk or persuasion can change her mind.

So I am a bit distressed - although I try not to air my very personal activities here....those are some of the reasons I have been away now and then.

I am a willow, I can bend.

So!  It is your sister that is moving in with my boyfriend!!!

(Just kidding)

I am sorry she won't listen to reason.
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2006, 11:35:55 AM »

I'm with you on Frewer

My sister LOVED "Max Headroom" and Matt.  But that way back when...when he was semi-attractive. ;)

And I also loved his show "Doctor Doctor," especially because he had a gay brother! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2006, 11:37:29 AM »

We hung out in bed and watched Nanny McPhee- most enjoyable.

Why?  Did you have a migraine?
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2006, 11:39:50 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZDEREK!
[/color]

YOU ARE LOVED AND MISSED.
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2006, 11:44:49 AM »

Hahahahahahaaaaaa! and I found us an "older" actor who does dialects and sings, for the Father/English Playwright/French guy parts! PS - he's willing to do the next reading.

Thank you, Penny!  My calendar is open!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2006, 11:47:53 AM »

Back from a jog - too darn hot.  Am now trying to regain my composure so I can pack up a few CDs and DVDs.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »

I'm at work, the phones are busy!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »

I think that tomorrow I will try to see X-Men before it drops out of the theaters.

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2006, 12:25:11 PM »

Hey, I wish you guys would just keep your heatwaves to yourselves...the only place in the country with decent temps right now is the Pacific Northwest...and now the weatherman is predicting temps in the high 90s and 100s beginning tomorrow and lasting through next week!

And me without an air conditioner! :P

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2006, 12:26:56 PM »

I think that tomorrow I will try to see X-Men before it drops out of the theaters.

I always wished that someone would make a movie based on the INHUMANS....the best Marvel superhero team, IMHOP!

I started writing a script for it back in 1979 when I was in high school...it was pretty good....in a Roger Corman, Fred F. Sears sort of way.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2006, 12:28:37 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... It's just about 3:20pm here in New York City, and I still don't feel like doing anything today.  However, I did review a contract, took care of some e-mails, and faxed some papers that needed faxing, so I guess I'm not being a total slug today.

-Of course, since it is Wednesday, my evening will be spent in front of the TV with the special two-hour episode of "So You Think You Can Dance?" followed by the second installment in this season's "Project Runway".

:)

*DR TPunk - What time do you get off work?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »

How can it already be twelve-thirty?  Just wrote a few lines - I'm moving very slowly on this thing, but that's always the way it is.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2006, 12:36:12 PM »

That's always the way it is at the beginning I meant to say.

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2006, 12:47:20 PM »

Sorry to read about Boo, Cillaliz.

In an odd way, I suppose, Callie has "won."  She has convinced you she won't tolerate another animal in her house and won't share you.

I will reiterate it took my cats three months to stop acting out and behave properly...something they were doing when I wasn't there, and they made the mistake of behaving properly in front of a person who was watching them for me when I was out of town.

I do understand about bad feline behaviour, though.  When they don't like something they go to extraordinary...and nasty...lengths to express themselves.

You have my sympathies for having to find Boo a new home.

Thanks. Yes, Callie has won.  On the other hand, so has Boo. I'm still waiting to hear, but if this works out, she came to me, I saved her and nursed her back to health, gave her love and found her a good home with a little girl who really wants a cat.  And if it doesn't work out, I will make them promise to call me and I'll pick her up.

I realize that I could force this thing on for as long as it takes, but I just don't want to do that to the cats or to me.  (Or to those DRs who must be very sick of reading about my cats!)

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »

Cillaliz-
I am always leery of these types of agencies, having worked for what turned out to be a fraudulent literary agent once, and seeing it from the inside. If she is being charged money as part of the contract, the legitimacy is in question.

I found this discussion on a msg. board, which may not be the same agency, but the person does bring up a good point. Make sure she can ask questions and inquire about the details of the services provided. Some of these places set up deals where they accept anyone, take their money, let them tape all the auditions they want, and either don't do anything with the tapes or submit en masse to indifferent casting people.

Here is a link to a brief chatboard exchange I saw...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/denverprofessionaltheatrearts/message/149?viscount=100

No, they don't work that way. Of the 100 or so who auditioned in Des Moines, they took 4. One of them was my niece. They get a percentage of what you make wherever they place you.   They send you the audition info, the scripts etc and you make the video and submit it.  

My brother said he checked it all out and it is legit. But, being leary of this sort of thing myself, I wondered if anyone here has heard of them. So far she's gotten a script for some lesbian horror flick - she said no to that  and  as a girl either accused of murder or taking the murder rap for someone else (I didn't get the details) on an episode of BONES.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2006, 12:54:37 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... It's just about 3:20pm here in New York City, and I still don't feel like doing anything today.  However, I did review a contract, took care of some e-mails, and faxed some papers that needed faxing, so I guess I'm not being a total slug today.

-Of course, since it is Wednesday, my evening will be spent in front of the TV with the special two-hour episode of "So You Think You Can Dance?" followed by the second installment in this season's "Project Runway".

:)

*DR TPunk - What time do you get off work?  ;)

I don't get off of work until 9.  Which means I will get home in time to see Project Runway and have asked Rodzinski to tape SYTYCD.

What did you have in mind?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »

I don't get off of work until 9.  Which means I will get home in time to see Project Runway and have asked Rodzinski to tape SYTYCD.

What did you have in mind?

Just some Reality-TV Watching en masse, that was all.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2006, 01:06:20 PM »

I'm glad you guys mentioned the SYTYCD two hour special tonight. I almost forgot about it.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »

HA!

Well... I'm playing some auditions next Tuesday, so I went ahead and e-mailed the casting director to confirm the times:

"10-5 or 10-6"
-No, 9:30-5:30

Oh, OK.  Then I went ahead and e-mailed her back again:

"At Ripley-Grier or AEA?"
-No, Chelsea Studios.

Good thing I checked and asked questions!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2006, 01:36:12 PM »

Yes, I LOVE the film of ON BORROWED TIME, based on a play, of course. I had my DVR record that, and I plan to burn a DVD-R of it at some point in the next few days.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2006, 01:39:28 PM »

I recorded something else from TCM today on the DVR but have forgotten what it was and didn't check when I was watching a DVD a little bit ago.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 01:39:54 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up