Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I LED THIRTEEN LIVES  (Read 60142 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:I LED THIRTEEN LIVES
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2006, 01:40:42 PM »

Lunch ran long but a good time was had by all. Once home, I've had a slew of telephone calls, all enjoyable and welcome. But I only got part of one DVD watched.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2006, 01:41:28 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Five Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »

The DVD was Rudolph Valentino in BLOOD AND SAND. There probably isn't a frame on this 84 year old film that doesn't have dirt, scratches, and damage, but Kino has done as good a job as possible with sharpness (very sharp), contrast, and tinting. I enjoyed seeing it for only the second time in my life.

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2006, 01:44:23 PM »

I will watch EUREKA tonight.

And for those interested in the SOUTH PARK satire on Tom Cruise and Scientology, it's getting its first repeat tonight on Comedy CEntral. The episode's title is "Trapped in the Closet."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »

I will watch EUREKA tonight.

And for those interested in the SOUTH PARK satire on Tom Cruise and Scientology, it's getting its first repeat tonight on Comedy CEntral. The episode's title is "Trapped in the Closet."

What time is that on tonight?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2006, 02:04:33 PM »

I am home today.  I took last Wednesday off and this Wednesday off to break up my work week for me, since I am still recovering from my surgery.  It makes the five day week into two 2-day weeks, which I am finding easier to handle.  I am still only working eight hour days on the other days, so I end up having to take a leave day on Wednesday, but it is worth it.

I can certainly understand why people switch want to switch to a Four-Ten week.  The break in the middle is terrific.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »

Back from doing errands and shall now try to write at least a couple of pages.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2006, 02:12:08 PM »

Back from doing errands and shall now try to write at least a couple of pages.

A couple of pages.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2006, 02:13:50 PM »

Oy! The heat index here is 109 right now. Yikes. Not looking forward to going outside

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2006, 02:22:22 PM »

Oy! The heat index here is 109 right now. Yikes. Not looking forward to going outside

I have yet to step outside, although, from all accounts, it is cooler here than it was the past two days.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2006, 02:22:26 PM »

DRJANE - MBARNUM instructed you how you can get your OWN personal copy of SCARLET STREET....and yes be sure to mention all of our names!

Recently or way back when?

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2006, 02:24:52 PM »

What time is that on tonight?

I believe it's 10 p.m., DR TCB, but it could be 10:30. CC is replaying several episodes tonight, and I have forgotten which order they're coming in.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2006, 02:25:57 PM »

I'm off now to clean the den and then get back to basics; that is, DVDs and shows on the DVR.

WBBL.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2006, 02:27:12 PM »

Thank you Bruce and all.
It's been a difficult day for Derek's family and friends.

"TassieTed" who lives with Derek's sister Maureen, arrived today to stay a few days with Derek's own Ted.

They have been having "cake" in honour of Derek.
It is course a "bee sting" cake as is appropriate for Bears.

So sweet and fitting.  Is that a double decker mug or two mugs?

Jane

« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2006, 02:27:47 PM »

JRand-I'm sorry about your sister and wish her well.  Good vibes to you both.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2006, 02:34:44 PM »

I think that tomorrow I will try to see X-Men before it drops out of the theaters.
Please  watch until the end of the credits & tell me what I missed. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2006, 02:36:38 PM »

Well, no dice on the new home for Boots. Not sure what I do now...

Jane

« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2006, 02:39:19 PM »

Sorry Cillaliz.  Maybe you can stick it out a bit longer and foster Boo until you can find her a new home.  Maybe the little girl can visit and play with her while you give Callie attention.

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2006, 03:03:45 PM »

Recently or way back when?

Yesterday, I think it was Jane, or whatever day you had inquired on how to get a copy. You can order one directly from www.scarletstreet.com

We are all in this issue...JRand55, BK, TD, FJL and his ever loving Skip, myself and whom you are acquanted with!

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2006, 03:08:56 PM »

Cilliliz, do you think that if you just let the two out loose around each other all the time they will eventually just get used to each other? I am not sure what Callie is doing exactly...is spraying involved? That might be a rather difficult thing to overcome....but if they just hiss at each other and maybe claw at each other, I would imagine that they would stop at some point.

With dog Bosco and Freddy I just left them to roam free in the house 24/7 and after some weeks Freddy finally stopped hissing at the dog...now he follows Bosco around like a little pal.

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »

If you do take Boo to the Humane Society and are worried about what will become of her maybe you could sponser her until such time as she gets adopted.

From the sounds of it Boo is quite adoptable and would go quickly.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2006, 03:10:55 PM »

Yesterday, I think it was Jane, or whatever day you had inquired on how to get a copy. You can order one directly from www.scarletstreet.com

We are all in this issue...JRand55, BK, TD, FJL and his ever loving Skip, myself and whom you are acquanted with!

Mike, here is a website about the Bombay Dreams tour.  I don't see anything about Portland listed, so you may have to journey north.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 03:12:42 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2006, 03:41:37 PM »

Where is everybody???

“One thing’s universal,

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2006, 04:01:41 PM »

Mike, here is a website about the Bombay Dreams tour.  I don't see anything about Portland listed, so you may have to journey north.

My friend's boyfriend is in this tour.  I think Seattle is the closest it will get to you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2006, 04:03:30 PM »

I'm sleeepy.  Wrote another page - one more to go.

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2006, 04:17:40 PM »

My friend's boyfriend is in this tour.  I think Seattle is the closest it will get to you.

That is not fair. There are Indians Portland and gay men in Salem who might want to see this show.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2006, 04:19:57 PM »

Cilliliz, do you think that if you just let the two out loose around each other all the time they will eventually just get used to each other? I am not sure what Callie is doing exactly...is spraying involved? That might be a rather difficult thing to overcome....but if they just hiss at each other and maybe claw at each other, I would imagine that they would stop at some point.

With dog Bosco and Freddy I just left them to roam free in the house 24/7 and after some weeks Freddy finally stopped hissing at the dog...now he follows Bosco around like a little pal.
\

It isn't just the simple hissing behavior. I've been through that with other cats in the past and that's no big deal.  This is much different.  Callie literally stalks her down and pounces as if she's prey, and it isn't a game. I've never seen anything like it. She isn't spraying - she's just leaving her calling card in the middle of the hallway that leads to her litterbox. Right where I can step in it, I may add.  

I had to take Boo to the vet tonight for her last round of shots. They weren't surprised with the problems I'm having and said this isn't uncommon with calicos. One vet suggested keeping them totally separated for a month, when I said it's been a month he said "or two".  They didn't think I would have much luck in the long run.  So, one of the vets said she may know of a wonderful cat lover who's cat has very serious cancer. She doesn't know if she'll be looking for another cat, but thought of me right away and will call if she knows anyone who would meet my approval.

I have my former neighbor asking around her friends (mostly seniors).  So, if it isn't a young girl, it may be a senior living alone.  I am not going to take her to the shelter. They recently had a sign on the door saying they had too many cats and any cats dropped off would be euthenized. (or however you spell it). I refuse to take that chance.  I'll keep her until I find a home.

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2006, 04:22:44 PM »

Now I am going to quit talking about cats!  I 'm getting tired of it so I can only imagine how the rest if you feel!

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2006, 04:27:04 PM »

Heat index down to 107 The real temp was 102 here today. That's pretty hot for us

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2006, 04:33:47 PM »

I'm going to have to take out my copy of bk's SHAKESPEARE CD and listen to it. I remember enjoying it, but as you call up these different cuts on the CD, I have no memory of them. It jumps to the head of the line!

Is it from different plays?

Love the bard...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up