Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I LED THIRTEEN LIVES  (Read 60166 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:I LED THIRTEEN LIVES
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2006, 04:35:38 PM »

DR DakotCelt - Was the TV movie you mentioned yesterday starring teen actors from various sitcoms called, "Senior Trip"?

Well... I just looked it up on the IMDB, and the only real "star" in it at the time (1981) was Scott Baio.  However, I do remember Jason Alexander and our very own Liz Callaway getting to "audition" for Mickey Rooney in the final sequence.  Oohh.. And the hunky Vincent Spano too.

A couple of years ago, I did happen to catch in on late-night TV, but I've always hoped to find it on VHS or DVD.

And there were all these great shots of New York City as one of the teenage couples in the film tries to see everything there is to see in their short time in NYC.  -All accompanied by the strains of "Rhapsody in Blue".

Yes, I believe that was the name. I do recall watching it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2006, 04:36:02 PM »

I see we have made Page 6 and dance we shall!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2006, 04:40:59 PM »

My own guess for the movie DakotaCelt was talking about is HIGH SCHOOL USA which was all the NBC sitcom stars of 1983 (Nancy McKeon, Michael J. Fox, Todd Bridges, Dana Plato) in a movie where the principal was Dwayne Hickman.

I remember Michael J. Fox... I used to have a typical teen crush on him years ago....

Funny when my freind Sandy first saw Matt on Search for Tomorrow she though he looked like Micheal J. Fox, only taller.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2006, 04:42:02 PM »

I also enjoyed Brideshead Revisited. It was an excellent program with strong writing and characters.

I also liked Upstairs, Downstairs

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2006, 04:45:34 PM »

Heat index down to 107 The real temp was 102 here today. That's pretty hot for us

Good grief!  Is that all you can do is post about the weather?
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2006, 04:46:59 PM »

Update for DR MBarnum:

Well, I made my Duane Reade run, and found the movie that DR Rodzinksi had mentioned...

It's called "Land of the Little People" (or "Jajantaram Mamantaram"), and has the tagline, "A problem of gigantic proportions".  Here's a blurb I found on a website:

With the tagline "A problem of gigantic proportions!" Indian director Soumitra Ranade presents a flamboyant Asian take on GULLIVER'S TRAVELS, with ample room for change from Swift's version. Jaaved Jaffrey (BOOM and GANG), Madhura Wellankar, Gulshan Grover (BANANA BROTHERS and AMERICAN DAYLIGHT), and Manav Kaul appear in this Indian epic.

I actually did not buy the DVD, but if you'd really like it, it's only $5.99.  And there were a couple of copies in the spinner-bin.

*I had also forgot to bring my $5.00 off coupon with me, so... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2006, 04:54:38 PM »

...And there were a bunch of other movies in that display. I was surprised to see the Jason Alexander/Vanessa Williams "Bye, Bye, Birdie" in there - also bargain priced at $5.99.  I was sort of tempted to buy that.  -Wasn't it a Disney/ABC title?

-However, there were a couple of other movies in that display that were of questionable origin.  Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if they were bought from someone selling them from a tablecloth placed on the sidewalk.

And was the tagline for that one really, "He's All Shook Up"?
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2006, 04:55:23 PM »

[/i]

It it what Midwesterners do best :-)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2006, 04:58:10 PM »

OH... And when I stepped outside, it really wasn't that bad.  Feels like the low 80's, upper 70s, and there is a nice breeze blowing.  We even opened the windows here at the apartment to give the A/C a break.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2006, 04:59:34 PM »

Yesterday, I think it was Jane, or whatever day you had inquired on how to get a copy. You can order one directly from www.scarletstreet.com

We are all in this issue...JRand55, BK, TD, FJL and his ever loving Skip, myself and whom you are acquanted with!

Thank you.  I ordered issue #55.  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »

[/i]

LOL!!! Would you like to hear about my cats?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

And the word of the day is: SAGACIOUS!
All right, you've got me on this one.  Coming up with a good anagram for sagacious that also works in a sentence that uses the word sagacious correctly is impossible.

Happy now?

:P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2006, 05:15:53 PM »

I'm going to have to take out my copy of bk's SHAKESPEARE CD and listen to it. I remember enjoying it, but as you call up these different cuts on the CD, I have no memory of them. It jumps to the head of the line!

Is it from different plays?

Love the bard...

BK's very own Shakespeare On Broadway is made up of a whole bunch of songs from musicals that are based on Shakespeare plays...or at least lyrics taken from his works.  Sondheim's "Fear No More" has lyrics by Shakespeare AND he's actually a character in the show The Frogs (for which "Fear No More" was written). ;D

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:25:00 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2006, 05:16:22 PM »

I never tire of hearing about your cats, or anyone's cats. ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »

I was supposed to have a day off from work today.

Didn't work out that way.

Just as I sat down at the computer this morning, actually awake (the first time I woke up, I was awakened by the dogs, who wanted their doggy biscuit breakfasts, and I promptly went back to bed) and about to log on, the phone rang.  It was Larry, one of the sub-managers at work.  Someone had called and wouldn't be coming in to work, so could I?  I said sure.  He needed me in in less than 45 minutes.  I said sure, and forgot about logging on.

So I cleaned up, and headed in to work.

After work, der B and I headed over to the barber shoppe for haircuts.  This was at a new location for our barber shoppe, because the site where our barber shoppe used to be located had been announced as a new location for condos... and then someone had set fire to the entire location, just to make sure everyone got the the point.  We were lucky to find out about the new location.  We also got very nice haircuts.

Then, we stopped by a seafood store called Afishionado, where we picked up some tuna for dinner tonight.  Pricy, but we're worth it on occasion.

And then we stopped by Partners, for a cocktail or two, and enjoyed hearing some of the local gossip.

Then we came home, and I had a nap.

I'll have to decide how to cook that there tuna pretty soon.  I want it to be seared on the outside, rare on the inside.  I think my best bet will be to pop my cast iron pan in the oven, at a very high heat, and heat the pan in the oven before transferring the pan to the stovetop.  A couple of minutes, at most, on each side of the tuna should do the tuna proud.

This, along with a seaweed salad and pasta dressed with pesto and zucchini, that should make for a very nice meal.

And then I get to start planning tomorrow's dinner.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:29:13 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2006, 05:27:14 PM »

A post about the weather.

It's hot.

Duh.

It's July.

Just wait until August.

Keep your eyes shaded.

8)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2006, 05:27:38 PM »

Since we are on the subject of cats (thanks alot Cillaliz), my little girl Angel could you a few of those world-famous HHW vibes.  I know she has had her ups and downs over the last year or so, but she is currently in one of those downs; and I very selfishly am not ready to lose her yet.  Thanks for any help you can spare.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »

GOOD ANGEL VIBES!!!!!!!![/size]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:33:44 PM by Jane »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2006, 05:37:45 PM »

I'm another who has always liked MOMMIE DEAREST and thought it an underrated film. Faye is spot-on as Joan Crawford, at least the Joan contained in the pages of Christina's book. And like VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, it was approached as a serious drama by audiences when it was released. There was no laughter in the theater during Joan's various tirades during the movie. At least, not at the theater where I saw the film.
This comment somehow has more to say about North Carolina audiences than it does about the film.

::)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »

GOOD ANGEL VIBES!!!!!!!![/size]

Thank you, Jane, I knew I could count on you.
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2006, 05:42:08 PM »

We hung out in bed and watched Nanny McPhee- most enjoyable.
I hadn't thought of Nanny McPhee as being that kind of enjoyable.

:o

;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2006, 05:42:26 PM »

~~~VIBES FOR TCB'S ANGEL!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2006, 05:47:54 PM »

~~~VIBES FOR TCB'S ANGEL!!~~~

Thanks, George.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2006, 05:59:55 PM »

Callie Boo and I all send vibes to Angel~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2006, 05:59:57 PM »

Good health vibes for Angel!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2006, 06:09:11 PM »

I shall now be on my way to sup.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2006, 06:11:36 PM »

I'm heading home to watch Project Runway!!

Jennifer

« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2006, 07:08:44 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR OzDerek.

VIbes to DR Laura and her friend. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vibes to DR JRand and his sister. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2006, 07:10:25 PM »

Oy. I am tired.  I always bring my sister and her husband dinner on Wednesday nights.  Well she had company. So I offered to cook it there for all of them.  Well the guests doubled, and then a couple more showed up without notice. So i think i ended up making dinner for 13-15. And I am pooped.

I think i'm gonna go watch So you Think you can Dance now!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2006, 07:11:12 PM »

Hmmm...  A very interesting "So You Think You Can Dance?" tonight.  You could tell that having to learn three routines (two couples, and one solo) in one week AND with new partners really pushed the contestants.  Tomorrow's result show will be interesting too.

And now... "Project Runway"... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up