Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I LED THIRTEEN LIVES  (Read 59947 times)

Ben

Re:I LED THIRTEEN LIVES
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 06:42:03 AM »

Wow, Bruce, you make Rockabye Hamlet sound much better than I've heard it was. It's one of those shows people mention when they talk about big, bad flops. The two numbers you have on the Shakespeare album, especially The Last Blues, are both great fun!

Ben

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 06:42:51 AM »

And with that let us move on to Hamlet's Dance on Page 2

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dance, Hamlet, Dance~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 06:43:37 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 06:59:03 AM »

Boy, Debbie Shapiro Gravitte is wonderful in the Hamlet (Red, Hot and Blue) cut. Bruce, you made a great CD here!

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 07:05:52 AM »

JRand55, good buddy, please take care...wow, a tough situation with your sister, and VERY frustrating, I would imagine.

And also sorry about your acting friends  :-\

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 07:06:39 AM »

And DakotaCelt I am so sorry to hear about your father's condition...vibes go out to you!

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 07:08:20 AM »

DearReaderLaura, what a tragic thing to happen to your friend's parents...if only people would think before acting on stupid, dangerous impulses that too often end in someone innocent dying or being crippled.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 07:12:47 AM »

Happy birthday up there OzDerek!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 07:41:54 AM »

Good morning!

Another sizzler, and I don't mean steak! And no end in sight. [sigh]
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 07:43:31 AM »

I'm going to have to take out my copy of bk's SHAKESPEARE CD and listen to it. I remember enjoying it, but as you call up these different cuts on the CD, I have no memory of them. It jumps to the head of the line!

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 07:44:44 AM »

DR JRand, I'm so sorry about your sister's decisions. And I can empathize about your frustration and feeling of helplessness. I've had a couple of friends who have made similar boneheaded decisions, and no amount of pleading did any good.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 07:45:42 AM »

Yes, I sure do miss the late DR  OzDerek's presence. He seemed such a wonderful person.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2006, 07:46:15 AM »

Good Afternoon! Morning!

???

Do I really want it to be the afternoon already?

Moving on...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:48:41 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 07:48:15 AM »

I, too, have a bunch of things I need to take care of today, but I'm just simply not in the mood to take care of anything right now.  Maybe after I watch "The Young and The Restless", my mood/motivation may shift.  I need my "stories" fix.  ;)  But for now, I believe I shall just spend some time with all you fine folks here on HHW.

:)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:49:26 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2006, 07:48:38 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam, did you watch EUREKA last night, and if so, what did you think? My DVR picked it up last night, and I should have plenty of time to watch it at some point today since there's nothing on TV tonight that I'm interested in.

Most of the reviews I've read liked the pilot very much but some have expressed uncertainty that the writers will be able to sustain the show over the course of a long-running series.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2006, 07:50:52 AM »

I'm another who has always liked MOMMIE DEAREST and thought it an underrated film. Faye is spot-on as Joan Crawford, at least the Joan contained in the pages of Christina's book. And like VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, it was approached as a serious drama by audiences when it was released. There was no laughter in the theater during Joan's various tirades during the movie. At least, not at the theater where I saw the film.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 07:52:11 AM »

DR Tomovoz - Thank you for posting the lovely pic of the bears.  Sort of just what I needed to see this morning to get my day off on a brighter note.  I'm sure Derek is having a slice of cake too right now.

:)

*And bienenstich is truly one of my favorites!  -Or "favourites" if you prefer.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 07:54:29 AM »

DR JRand - So sorry to hear about your friends.  Be sure to take the time and energy you need to deal with everything.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2006, 07:59:59 AM »

And on a related note...

DR JRand - Since you seem to keep abreast of things astrological and otherwise... Has the past couple of weeks been a particular difficult time for Virgos?  -And any other "signs"?  I, too, have been dealing with a couple of issues over the past couple of weeks - professional, personal, etc.  It just seemed like it was one of those periods where little "annoyances" just kept coming one after the other.  And, consequently, one "annoyance" would start affecting another "annnoyance", and so on and so forth.  Thankfully, I seem to be coming out of this rough patch, but I've had more than my share of "thinking moments" over the past couple of weeks than I would have liked.

Was it all in the stars?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2006, 08:01:54 AM »

DR elmore - Hmm... I don't think I've ever been described as "disgustingly positive"... "sneakily persistent", yes, but never "disgustingly positive".  However, it's nice to hear that my general sunny outlook is not as clouded over as I think it is right now.  (See above post.)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 08:09:50 AM »

OH!

Catching up from yesterday's Topic of the Day-

Jeremy Irons and Anthony Edwards (and basically the rest of the cast of hundreds) in "Brideshead Revisited"

I got soooo hooked on "BR" when I was in high school.  I caught it about half-way through it's original airing, then proceeded to watch the marathons that WETA would show every now and then.  Then a couple of years ago, they started rebroadcasting the episodes again in their final late-night slot before signing off.  And it's one of those DVD sets that keep tempting me as I walk by them at the store.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 08:16:39 AM »

DR DakotCelt - Was the TV movie you mentioned yesterday starring teen actors from various sitcoms called, "Senior Trip"?

Well... I just looked it up on the IMDB, and the only real "star" in it at the time (1981) was Scott Baio.  However, I do remember Jason Alexander and our very own Liz Callaway getting to "audition" for Mickey Rooney in the final sequence.  Oohh.. And the hunky Vincent Spano too.

A couple of years ago, I did happen to catch in on late-night TV, but I've always hoped to find it on VHS or DVD.

And there were all these great shots of New York City as one of the teenage couples in the film tries to see everything there is to see in their short time in NYC.  -All accompanied by the strains of "Rhapsody in Blue".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 08:20:08 AM »

And speaking of Liz Callaway...

I also keep hoping to find tapes from the "In Performance at the White House" series that PBS used to produce.  I remember Liz being featured on an "up and coming Broadway stars" program - I believe Jim Walton was in it too, maybe even Debbie Shapiro too - ???  In any case... She sang "Another Hundred People" - in a blue dress, I believe... WOW!

BK - Any chance you get your hands on those tapes?  ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 08:22:08 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 08:21:26 AM »

Hmmm... I seem to be in the midst of a self-induced frenzy.

Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 08:25:46 AM »

Heading down now to get cleaned up for lunch out with friends.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 08:26:20 AM »

YIKES!

When I brought up Playbill.com there was a pop-up ad with Martin Short that, well, popped up.  However, it was Martin Short "himself" as the pop-up ad, addressing audience as he plugged his upcoming Broadway show.  Hmm...

BK - Maybe you could contact "In Person" technologies - I believe that was the name I spied on the ad - and have daily personal pop-ups here on HHW.  OHH!!  Then you could truly bitch-slap everyone "in person"!

;)

Or not.

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 08:33:26 AM »

Google Toolbar blocks pop ups so I didn't get that pop up when I went to PBOL

Ben

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2006, 08:36:10 AM »

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa!

I just went back to PBOL and lo and behold, there it was. It flies under the radar.

Despite the not-so-good reviews I do kind of want to see Mr. Short's show.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2006, 08:52:25 AM »

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa!

I just went back to PBOL and lo and behold, there it was. It flies under the radar.

Despite the not-so-good reviews I do kind of want to see Mr. Short's show.

Well, I just reloaded the Playbill homepage and no Martin Short pop-up this time.  I wonder if it's randomly timed, or if there's now some sort of cookie on my computer.  -With as many times as I check Playbill throughout the day, Mr. Short better not be popping up time and again.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006, 09:23:52 AM »

DR DakotCelt - Was the TV movie you mentioned yesterday starring teen actors from various sitcoms called, "Senior Trip"?

Well... I just looked it up on the IMDB, and the only real "star" in it at the time (1981) was Scott Baio.  However, I do remember Jason Alexander and our very own Liz Callaway getting to "audition" for Mickey Rooney in the final sequence.  Oohh.. And the hunky Vincent Spano too.

A couple of years ago, I did happen to catch in on late-night TV, but I've always hoped to find it on VHS or DVD.

And there were all these great shots of New York City as one of the teenage couples in the film tries to see everything there is to see in their short time in NYC.  -All accompanied by the strains of "Rhapsody in Blue".

I've never heard of that one, but I was wondering if she was referring to one of my all time faves- Dance 'til Dawn.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2006, 09:25:26 AM »

I skipped the gym this morning in favor of hanging out with Rodzinski.  He got a call  as he was heading out to work this morning- still no AC so don't come in.  Sweet!  We hung out in bed and watched Nanny McPhee- most enjoyable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up