Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HEATHER ON THE HILL  (Read 63674 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE HEATHER ON THE HILL
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2006, 09:51:52 PM »

So, I'm standing there and a guy asks if I want my picture next to the RAGBRAI sign. I said "Sure". When he gave me my camera back, it was one of those "OH NO!!!!" moments.  I really have to lose weight.  

It's amazing that I can be a skinny person in my head, but not on the camera.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »

So, I left and got an ear of corn and a ribeye sandwich.  I'll worry about losing weight tomorrow

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2006, 09:53:46 PM »

I have decided that I'm going to try to get in shape and ride at least one day next year.  I've always thought it would be cool. I mean thousands of people all put their lives on hold for a week to ride bikes and camp across the state of Iowa.  That's a pretty amazing thing when you think about it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2006, 09:54:03 PM »

I made it, my work is done for now

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2006, 09:54:16 PM »

Cillaliz, you wouldn't recognize The Valley. It has changed so much.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »

The booming towns now are Buckeye, Surprise,  and Queen Creek

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2006, 09:56:31 PM »

I know. I didn't recognize it.  It was like the place I lived just doesn't exist anymore.  It sort of felt like some wierd time travel thing. I knew where I was all the time, but everything around me had changed

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2006, 09:58:24 PM »

They are talking about starting four 10 hour work days now.  You have your choice as to if you want to stay with the same 8 hour/5 days or the 4/10.  I'm not sure which to pick.  I don't think I could do the 4/10 with Mom but it would sure make life nice.

Any doctor appointments could be made for Friday and I'd still have the weekend to do the chores and have a day to relax.

On the other hand, I don't like leaving Mom and the dogs alone for so many hours.  

My former supervisor worked four-10 hour days for almost the entire 30 years that she worked for the library and loved it.  I can barely manage to get to work on time at 10:00 a.m.!  If I were a morning person and could get out of my house on time, I'd love to work that schedule.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2006, 09:58:47 PM »

Well, not everything, but an awful lot.  I understand why people like it there, but I'm just not cut out to live in Phoenix.  I'm glad I did it and I think somewhere I still have my t-shirt with the devil sitting in hell  saying "It's as hot as Phoenix" from the day it was 123 degrees. But I really don't miss it.

George

« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2006, 09:59:34 PM »

Hmmm.. no "World According to Garp" or "Cider House Rules"?

der Brucer

I read "World According to Garp" and really liked it.  I also really liked the movie.  I remember that there actually were parts of each that I liked better than the other, but it's been such a long time since I've either read or watched it, I don't remember what they are. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2006, 10:00:48 PM »

I loved "A Prayer for Owen Meany" . Simon Birch doesn't come close to capturing the book

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2006, 10:11:22 PM »

I still have my t-shirt with the devil sitting in hell  saying "It's as hot as Phoenix" from the day it was 123 degrees.

Don't exaggerate -- it only got to 122F that day.    :o

It was 118F here yesterday.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2006, 10:15:29 PM »

Sometimes I wonder why I don't get out of here -- then I remember that I own a house and have a family here.

MBarnum

« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2006, 10:18:56 PM »

And speaking of family, how is young miss DR Sandra these days? I miss her posts!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #224 on: July 22, 2006, 10:20:51 PM »

She is somewhere in Kansas as we speak. She just feels that after her "Career Exploration" class that she had nothing to contribute.

She will be attending a Family Reunion for the next few days, so perhaps she shall have some amusing stories. There should be plenty of material.

Michael

« Reply #225 on: July 22, 2006, 11:17:01 PM »

So how does this information get ON to IMDB??

I have resubmitted most of the information again. They review it and within 2-4 weeks they will post it. The original delay was that another website other than Kritzerland had to post the DVD for sale.
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2006, 12:48:57 AM »

I have resubmitted most of the information again. They review it and within 2-4 weeks they will post it. The original delay was that another website other than Kritzerland had to post the DVD for sale.

Thanks for the info! :)

George

« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2006, 12:51:13 AM »

I went to work today and I was right...they didn't turn on the air conditioning. :P It certainly wasn't as hot as it was outside, but it would've been nice if it'd been cooler.  Anyway, I got all my work done.  I had to finish invoicing and assembling all of the invoices (that I had to do) for the business office so that they can pay the bills by the end of the month.  Until next month. ;)

George

« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2006, 12:55:26 AM »

I remembered (literally, just this afternoon) that I have a fan in my kitchen!  I never use it.  I turned it on and it circulates the air just enough that there's a slight breeze, even in my living room area.  It's certainly not air conditioning by any stretch of the imagination, but right now it's a nice relief from the very hot day.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 12:56:43 AM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2006, 01:09:14 AM »

Back from a late-night supper and shall now write the notes.

George

« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2006, 01:16:12 AM »

I'm working on the Unseemly Trivia Contest...so far, I feel like I'm heading in the right direction, but then (as usual), dead end. :P

George

« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2006, 01:23:16 AM »

The other thing is that I may have never heard of any of these people.  I could see the name of an actor and not have any idea who he is or what his "career-defining role and the film he played it in" are. :-\

George

« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2006, 01:30:47 AM »

I hate it when that happens.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up