Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES ON A FULL STOMACH  (Read 43925 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:NOTES ON A FULL STOMACH
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2006, 12:38:20 PM »

20,000 posts!  

We're pikers!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »

Ugh!

It is miserably hot and muggy here. What an effort to walk around in the really oppressive warmth and humidity today. Poor people who have to work outside in these conditions.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2006, 01:18:19 PM »

I spent the entire afternoon watching MILLION DOLLAR MERMAID and burning a DVD-R of it. It's longer than I remembered it being with a smattering of facts amid the fiction.

I think I read at the HTF that there is going to be an Esther Williams DVD boxed set next year with this film and several of her other hits in it (NEPTUNE'S DAUGHTER, BATHING BEAUTY, EASY TO LOVE). But, I went ahead and burned this anyway. The powers that be at Warners may change their minds and not release it.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »

I'll watch RESCUE ME and some more MEDIUM episodes tonight.

I also couldn't find a repeat of EUREKA in the program listings, so I'll probably just delete that pilot episode and forget it.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2006, 01:37:23 PM »

Here's a picture of Lance Bass for the curious who don't know him.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2006, 01:38:12 PM »

Judy Henske does indeed have her own website I was there this morning.  

I thought the loose-legged guy who danced with Pamela Austin (the Dodge rebellion girl) was pretty interesting.  What was not interesting was the one spot-light they used to cover the dance, leaving one of them in shadow half the time.  The other choreography bit I found hysterical was the dancer in Sheb Wooly's "Build a Railroad" number, who kept holding his sledge hammer up close to the mallet.  Yeah, that sweet tart was really going to drive the railroad spike deep.

The reason I advise Judy Henske, not a greatest looker anyway, not to sing in a two-piece is because shaking her leg as vigourously as she was displayed a lot of jiggling flesh...not in a nice way...up on her thigh.

BK & I saw Peter Breck at one of the Ray Court shows, wearing a really big cowboy hat.  He seemed very friendly and cordial with his fans, but as he's gotten older, his skin seems to have shrivelled around his skull and his always prominent teeth now really stand out. What a set of choppers. Of course, by now, they could be false.  But if I was a deer at night, I'd freeze in the gleam of those as quickly as any headlight.  He kept looking at me every time I'd pass and grin with a look as though he knew me...We had met years ago when I followed him into a dinner theatre in Odessa, Texas.  He was very friendly at the time and seemed like a heck of a nice guy, but our meeting was fleeting.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2006, 01:39:21 PM »

I just read that Neil Meron and Craig Zadan, who brough us ANNIE, GYPSY, CINDERELLA, and THE MUSIC MAN on TV (some hits and misses among those) are bringing the musical PETER PAN to ABC-TV in 2007.

Neither Peter nor Captain Hook has been cast, but why do I keep thinking that Victor Garber will be hired for Captain Hook?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2006, 01:40:22 PM »

Yeah, Lance Bass, big revelation that was...yawwwn!  Only pre-pubescent girls with no gaydar could have been shocked by this coming out.

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »

Now that my NYC conference is a "go" for October, I've spent some time this afternoon exploring lodging options that might be cheaper than the Comfort Inn-Midtown (where DH Richard and I do have a reservation that I made in April).  Yikes!  Hotel prices are through the roof, so I've been looking into B&B's and short-term apartment rentals.   Any advice?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2006, 02:03:32 PM »

TOD - Question for BK or anyone else - how do they get the pockets in pocket bread (pita)?  That's the burning question that came up at our family dinner table last night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »

It's a bit earlier than usual, but I think I'll get an early start on cleaning the den today. Since I didn't get a chance to watch much this afternoon, I'll have a bit more time tonight to indulge.

WBBL.

Ben

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2006, 02:13:54 PM »

Unfortunately, B&Bs in Manhattan are not much cheaper, if cheaper at all, than hotels. I've looked into them for friends and they usually run anywhere from $150 a night to $250-$300 a night. Ouch! Keep looking and ee what you can find but you may end up at the Comfort Inn on 46th Street since you have the reservation

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2006, 02:24:59 PM »

Unfortunately, B&Bs in Manhattan are not much cheaper, if cheaper at all, than hotels. I've looked into them for friends and they usually run anywhere from $150 a night to $250-$300 a night. Ouch! Keep looking and ee what you can find but you may end up at the Comfort Inn on 46th Street since you have the reservation

DR Ben - one of my interesting finds is this apartment, which appears to be in your neighborhood!  This outfit says thay their one-bedroom apartments run between $175 and $225/night, which is competitive with the CI.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:27:07 PM by Ginny »

Michael

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »

Lance Bass is gay.

He says so in PEOPLE magazine.

I know everyone here will be shocked and suprised to hear it.

Well he was sort of forced out of the closet. He is seeing Reichen (sp?) the former half of the gay couple who won the Amazing Race. It had been all over the gossip boards. Many times as blind items. But it wasn;t hard to guess who was who.

I guess I should have read all the posts before I posted.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:48:16 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2006, 04:36:54 PM »

What made the Lance Bass story interesting to me is that Lance is dating Reichen from THE AMAZING RACE.

Now, I know who Reichen is!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2006, 04:38:54 PM »

DR Ben - one of my interesting finds is this apartment, which appears to be in your neighborhood!  This outfit says thay their one-bedroom apartments run between $175 and $225/night, which is competitive with the CI.

Oh, my! A B&B on 16th Street. I'm not surprised. I don't know if it's between 5th and 6th Avenues (my block) or between 6th and 7th Avenue (one block over). It's a great location for you because the FC is just half a block or a block away (5th Avenue between 15th and 16th Streets) depending on where you are, from the B&B. If it's available it sounds like a great deal and it would make getting together so easy! There is much to do in the neighborhood. You would be just a few blocks from Chelsea Market on 9th Avenue and 16th Street and there are nice places to eat, most of the subways are within a few blocks of each other. I would be very tempted.

Ben

« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2006, 04:39:26 PM »

BTW, I tried to get on earlier and got the "too many connections" error. I haven't received that one for a while.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2006, 04:41:36 PM »

Back from a really fun lunch in the Paramount commissary.  No, there was nobody interesting there - a sad, sad comment on today's film and TV business.  When I worked there, I saw John Wayne in the commissary.  The first time I walked on that lot in December of 1970 to shoot The Young Lawyers, the first person I saw as I was walking to the stage was Mike Connors, who waved to me and said hi.  THOSE were the days.  I doubt I would have even recognized any of "today's" actors.  

After lunch, I had to go to storage to get Susan Egan some music.  She met me there.  One box was easy to find - unfortunately, the other box was at the bottom of a pile of ten boxes, in the back.  No air at all.  Within seconds I was sweating like a pig.  It took me fifteen minutes to move stuff out of the way so I could GET to the pile of boxes, and then I had to move the ten boxes to get to the one I wanted.  But, she's got what she needs now so all is well.

I then went to my DVD place to trade in some stuff and happily they had the about to be released Mr. Moto set, so I got that, and I also scored quite big and got a copy of the Brokeback Mountain Oscar promo score CD.  I don't really care about it, but I am a collector of Oscar promo score CDs, which frequently feature music not on the regular released CDs.  The Brokeback CD has been going on eBay for as high as five hundred bucks.  I got mine for forty and actually put out no cash - just used my credit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2006, 04:47:19 PM »

Just checked the last three copies of the Brokeback promo on eBay - one went for just over three hundred bucks, and the other two for over two hundred sixty, so it's still commanding very high prices.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2006, 06:11:24 PM »

For the last 20 minutes or so, I got this message and couldn't log on!

"Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)"

And now, I'm all alone.

That is all. ;)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 06:12:23 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2006, 06:14:36 PM »

Yes, something was awry, not that they ever tell me what.  All I know is that it is nothing that we're to do with - when we fixed the problem they were having, nothing about the site itself can cause these problems.  I was sort of assured that that would be the end of problems, but as we've seen little hiccups do pop up from time to time.  I'm glad I came to the computer before six - after that we would have been at the mercy of e-mails and who knows if anyone would have seen mine.  I was able to call and they fixed it immediately.  My e-mail response from them?  "Fixed."  Nothing about what it was.  Oh, well, at least it was fixed immediately.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  Why don't you ask a question.  Or better yet, let me ask one: Who in tarnation ARE you GUESTS?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2006, 06:16:27 PM »

I'm guessing we were down for about twenty minutes, but since no one is here, it doesn't much matter anyway.  It is July, after all, and July makes all hainsies/kimlets lazy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2006, 06:19:29 PM »

Well, I had to go to Opera.com  in order to access this here site.  AOL wouldn't allow me to go here.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »

I just read that Neil Meron and Craig Zadan, who brough us ANNIE, GYPSY, CINDERELLA, and THE MUSIC MAN on TV (some hits and misses among those) are bringing the musical PETER PAN to ABC-TV in 2007.

Neither Peter nor Captain Hook has been cast, but why do I keep thinking that Victor Garber will be hired for Captain Hook?

........with Kathy Bates as Wendy and Jason Alexander as Peter.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2006, 06:26:11 PM »

Why "Peter Pan" AGAIN??  Why can't they pick something that hasn't been done at all??  Or better yet, something that was done very poorly and that they can improve on?? :P

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 06:26:47 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2006, 06:27:17 PM »

Now that my NYC conference is a "go" for October, I've spent some time this afternoon exploring lodging options that might be cheaper than the Comfort Inn-Midtown (where DH Richard and I do have a reservation that I made in April).  Yikes!  Hotel prices are through the roof, so I've been looking into B&B's and short-term apartment rentals.   Any advice?

How about the YMCA?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2006, 06:31:28 PM »

Why "Peter Pan" AGAIN??  Why can't they pick something that hasn't been done at all??  Or better yet, something that was done very poorly and that they can improve on?? :P

Or maybe THE LAST STARFIGHTER?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2006, 06:36:28 PM »

Or maybe THE LAST STARFIGHTER?

YES!!!! ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2006, 06:43:01 PM »

And I blame him for making me say that.

;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up