Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG FINISH  (Read 16405 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE BIG FINISH
« on: August 05, 2006, 01:18:39 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've read them to their big finish, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're doing the big finish and then they'll be on their merry way, home-wise.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 12:44:10 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE BIG FINISH
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 01:23:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: LOGORRHEA!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 01:40:22 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I am proud to say that I have never been a participant in any kind of "fad" of clothing.  No, really, I haven't...my mom bought most of my clothes growing up and she never went for style, so I wouldn't know if something was a fad or not.  And even if I did, most of the stylish clothes weren't made in my size.  I've never been a small person. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 01:49:51 AM »

I don't think I want to find out what this means!  Sounds like it's some icky disease. :P

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 01:53:50 AM »

Okay, I looked...it's not anything like I thought:

Main Entry: log·or·rhea
Pronunciation: "lo-g&-'rE-&, "lä-
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin
: excessive and often incoherent talkativeness or wordiness
- log·or·rhe·ic  /-'rE-ik/ adjective

Sounds like some kind of condition that a couple of my coworkers could have. ;)

George

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 01:55:00 AM »

Well, I have a long drive to Issaquah again today (day three of four...about 160 miles round trip...each day!) and I need to sleep.  So, good night, all!

George

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 01:55:55 AM »

And today there are two shows and the discussion with several writers (including our very own FJL and Skip) about writing musicals based on movies.  It should be very interesting and informative!

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 03:22:00 AM »

Dear BK,
BRAVO ON THE GREAT TURNOUT FOR THE CABARET SERIES!

Those who come tonight to see LINDA PURL are in for a rare treat.

Linda on TV is arresting. She has a delicate presence, both physically and in her approach to acting. You can't take your eyes off her. It's as if she knows the secret to life.

Linda on stage is commanding. There is an underlying strength to her performance. She seems bigger than life. When she came out to the lobby of The Shannon Center in Whittier after her show, I pointed her out to my father who had come with me. He said, "You mean that little thing was the singer on stage?"

Delicacy and Strength -- a rare combination.

And here (because now I can do it) is another photo of Linda.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 03:28:20 AM »

Suzette was constantly on the phone with her friends, talking about who she'd like to have as a boyfriend, OR HER GOAL to become a GAL HERO, OR what she'd like to find at the latest sale at the Cute Shoes Outlet, or whatever, so her telephonic LOGORRHEA ended up keeping her from getting anything done in her real life.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 03:34:52 AM »

I have no sense of style, at least in the terms of the fashionistas.

I've never had my ears pierced, for example, even though everyone else seemed to have it done.

I've never had anything else pierced, either.

I have no tattoos.

Clothing?  I pretty much wear the same stuff all the time.  I do wash them, of course - I have multiple copies of what I wear.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 05:20:47 AM »

What great reports on the Cabaret Series.

Vibes and xylophones to Ms Linda Purl!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 05:21:12 AM »

Grover Dale - a name to be reckoned with.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 05:21:27 AM »

Off to work....oh well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 05:40:32 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have very little to report this morning.  Things certainly look better for my dad, and I would not be surprised if he's released on Monday or Tuesday.  Since I return to Manhattan on Tuesday, I'd prefer it to be Monday.  Since I know there's no controlling this health problem, I can only hope.

Tonight, I nee to make a few local telephonic calls to speak to the friends in town I will not be seeing this trip.  I need to spend my time beyond that getting some work accomplished.  I have an invoice due tomorrow.

DR George, I'm so happy you and DR PennyO are representing us for Fred and Skip.  If you run into Lance Guest again, ask him where he was when I needed him for the Houston BABES IN TOYLAND!

As for the TOD:  I have never had a fashion sense or a body built for haute coouture.  I always look as if I'm coming or going from my coal barge.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 05:53:00 AM »

Awww, we can't make brunch tomorrow  :'(

We're all booked up with friends from out of town. We're doing touristy things, not sure what, and then in the evening we will be seeing The Fantasticks at the Snapple Theatre Center. I've got my fingers crossed. It's already had two cast changes, one due to injury and one due to "artistic differences". There is an article in Playbill On-Line about how they have tried to make the theatre look like the old Sullivan Street Playhouse

The Fantasticks

We shall see. I will report on Monday morning.

I'm at the office right now and will be here every Saturday from now until October 21st. I've got some fruit salad, coffee and a bagel.

I'm also listening to Donald's new radio show. The first tracks are from the Strouse show set in China called

Nightingale

On that note I will return to the Kellogg Foundation. No cereal for breakfast this morning.

Later, gaters.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 05:53:30 AM »

Hello, Dear Larry. New York looks forward to your return!

Ben

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 05:55:16 AM »

Oh, I forgot!

Even though it's past,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO OUR LOVELY KERRY AND EQUALLY LOVELY FORMER POSTER MUSIC GUY!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 07:13:48 AM »

Good morning!

My, the air outside was much less heavy when I stepped out to get the newspaper this morning. You can definitely tell a BIG difference. It's still going to get to the upper 80s today, but that stifling and oppressive heat seems to be gone at least for the moment.

I still don't plan on being outside today any more than absolutely necessary.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2006, 07:14:42 AM »

So pleased to hear that the cabaret series has gone over so big. I only wish some of us stranded on the East Coast could enjoy it ourselves.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2006, 07:15:26 AM »

I love Grover Dale in his few movie appearances that I have seen (MOLLY BROWN comes immediately to mind.)

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2006, 07:18:59 AM »

Well, I'm not sure it qualifies as a fad since at the time it was mostly all that was available to wear, but I did have quite a few pairs of double knit polyester pants. They were very outlandishly patterned (red and blue checks on one pair I remember; another pair was green with yellow pinworm designs on them) and when I see pictures of them, I can't believe that's what men were wearing back them (complete with flaired bottom cuffs, etc.)

But I never had a leisure suit, and like SWW, I've never had anything pierced or my skin decorated with ink.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 07:22:28 AM »

THough I'm not especially in the mood for another Shirley Temple film so soon after yesterday's CAPTAIN JANUARY, I am most anxious to see how JUST AROUND THE CORNER looks.

When it was shown on the Fox Movie Channel, it looked terrible, totally covered with scratches, debris, spotting, and other artifacts. I am interested to see if Fox performed any restoration on this film at all. Looking at how good THE LITTLE PRINCESS and THE BLUE BIRD look on their FMC broadcasts, I'll be angry if JUST AROUND THE CORNER was released with a substandard transfer with other other highly desirable films looking so good.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2006, 07:23:50 AM »

Nothing on network TV interests me tonight. KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is on HBO-HD, but I'm not sure I'm even curious about it.

This may be the night I watch the second half of the 1963 CLEOPATRA.

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2006, 07:41:27 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!

Media report (amended) - Yesterday's post brought me a new CD - DR Ben's Holiday Interview with Beverly Humphreys on BBC Radio Wales.  Thank you, Ben!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2006, 08:01:09 AM »

I'm glad the disc arrived unharmed. I sent out many discs over the past couple of days. It turned into quite a job. I had about 60 requests for discs.

I found the mailers in Staples so I decided to try them. It makes it obvious that a CD is inside which means I don't have to clutter the outside with warnings about contents and fragility. It also saved a bit on postage.

Most of the New Yorkers will get their discs hand delivered at Fred's get together on August 20th.

Ben

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 08:02:09 AM »

Vixmom, did you hear about the actors going on strike at American Girl? They are trying to join Actor's Equity and the producers are playing hardball. The administrative staff is going on in place of the actors walking the picket line.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 08:03:56 AM »

Going to read my book for awhile (maybe outside on the porch if it's not too hot).

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 08:38:21 AM »

TOD - Becoming a university administrator before age 30 made me think I needed to buy into the whole "dress for success" thing.  The basic premise of that was that in order to be taken seriously in the business world, women had to wear suits and ties and button-down shirts.  So, I had my wardrobe of skirted suits in navy blue and gray with a variety of blouses with bow ties.  Thankfully, after about 5 years of that, I had to wear maternity clothes for a while and never went back to the "executive" look.  

Now, I try to look professional, but more relaxed and comfortable.  Some of my co-workers come to work looking like they've just cut the grass and then wonder why they don't get any respect.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2006, 09:04:46 AM »

I did have a Nehru jack with a medallion for about 5 minutes, which is about the amount of time Nehru jackets were a fashion fad. I also had a blue leisure suit (not powder blue just dark blue) with yellow piping. I think I wore it once. Thankfully, no pictures from that debacle survive!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 09:21:41 AM »

TOD - I am completely ashamed of ever having been one bit content with my Davy Crockett Coonskin Cap. I look at these little raccoons who come to feed every night, and I do suffer over the murder of millions of them way back in the mid-'50's, so that brats like me could look like our Disney hero... deep shame.
PennyO
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up