Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG FINISH  (Read 16403 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE BIG FINISH
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2006, 11:03:23 PM »

Anyone remember izod polo shirts and what the rage they were in the 80s..

Laura Ashley dresses

ripped jeans

Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans

skimmers
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2006, 11:03:43 PM »

Good I made it to page 6!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2006, 11:04:50 PM »

hello Penny!!

I hate it when things are so unpleasant you have to leave...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2006, 11:05:42 PM »

Cowl neck sweaters....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »

I am going to bid you all a good night and pleasant dreams

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2006, 11:54:05 PM »

I just got home from Village Theater...

As I was saying - just got home... left at intermission. It was a Roy Rogosin adaptation of Field of Dreams. Oy. Really awful songs - terrible lyrics, bad rhymes, melody? what melody? Even Iowa farmers at one point RAPPING - I kid you not. What the hell? And a posse of said farmers also jivin' real bad in some sort of black Gospel number... whassup wit' dat? OY.

At least there was no compelling storyline... the characters wanted spaghetti, they got spaghetti, after a mild argument over Prego or Ragu... not literally, but OY that's the degree of drive the thing had. Has. Had. No events that take one soaring into song. No real conflict or angst or anything. But it was the SONGS - the awful songs that propelled me into my vehicle to hie me home ASAP. Sheesh.

Sadly, very true.  I'm now home (I stayed for the second act).  I thought that the second act was a little better than the first (not by much, though) and Skip (composer/lyricist of The Last Starfighter) thought that the book of the first act was better (if I remember correctly).  Horseracing. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2006, 11:56:30 PM »

Anyway, I was able to take a couple of pictures (actually, the director of The Last Starfighter...I forget his name, I left my program in my car) took this picture of me with Skip and Fred:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2006, 11:58:05 PM »

And I took this picture of PennyO (she's the lovely one in the front ;D), Skip (behind Penny) and Fred:

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2006, 11:59:44 PM »

Back from another sold-out show.  Must write the notes now.

George

« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2006, 12:07:31 AM »

So I was looking at the pictures that I've taken with my phone (who'da thunk that that statement would actually ever make sense?? ;))...anyway, I found this picture that I took at my parents' house.  These are some roses growing in their front yard (and my mom's name is Rosemarie :)):
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up