Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG FINISH  (Read 16401 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE BIG FINISH
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »

PAGE 3
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »

I know we are not allowed "clews" in the Trivia Contest, but can I assume "the actress who had a brief carreer as a wild sexy motion picture actress" is a woman?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2006, 01:12:33 PM »

I'm back from my Florence Nightingale duties for the remainder of the day:  I've got a lot of work to do this afternoon and evening, and this should hopefully finish all the work opn the BABES full score and vocal score I had.  There are still two or three numbers outstanding to be finished, a couple of revisions, and the scores will be officially ready for publishing.

The hospital was a full house today:  I was there by 9:15, my evil brother and Lady M showed up around 10:45 and left just before noon, my nephew and niece arrived around 12:45, my father's lady friend around 1:15, and - as I left at 2 PM with my nephew and niece - my father's attorney showed up to discuss my father's real estate transactions.  

My dad was much more energetic today, and his diction is improving.  My niece and I suspect he's had a mild stroke, but there's been no word from the cardiologist about the EKG results.  He was quite talkative, and this is new.  We had a long discussion about the Macbeths and his unhappiness with them and his wish to come back to Manhattan fro a visit.  His oncologist wants him on zoloft to combat his depression, but nothing can be done until the EKG results.  As a result, my dad bursts into crying fits at the drop of a hat.  Today there were quite a number of them, each whenever he thinks about his future, feels sentimental or hurt.

There's a possibility that a former production assistant from EMI Studios in london will be coming to New York for a visit.  She was our production liaison on the Kern and Herbert recordings in 2001-2002.  I'm hoping my return to NYC will not be delayed since I want to throw a shindig for her and some of the recording personnel while she's in town.

And that's my afternoon report.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2006, 01:15:19 PM »

DR Elmore - tonight's pizza and a movie night at our house.  Wanna come?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2006, 01:20:15 PM »

DH Richard, DS Rob, and I are off to the local mall for a while.

Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2006, 02:02:08 PM »

The grandlads (and their parents  :-\) will be here in Rehoboth for the night, staying in their camper at camperland, and der B had this wonderful idea: let's take them for dinner.  So we headed into town (after I got off work) to check out a restaurant we like, as to what they have on their kid's menu.  The upshot was that it wasn't worth risking, because we weren't sure there was anything on the menu their parents would like.

After coming up with a couple of other ideas, der B called his daughter... and found out taking them out for dinner tonight is not a good idea.  They're bringing a roster of friends with them.

So much for those dinner plans.

I feel oddly relieved.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2006, 02:10:03 PM »

I'm really enjoying ON EDGE. THough most of the first third of it has been just an autobiography of a fairly unexceptional life, the stories of behind-the-scenes in the skating world have been quite enjoyable. His first encounter with a young Tonya Harding in his hotel room (against his wishes) was quite funny.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 02:11:47 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2006, 02:13:45 PM »

I did have time between phone calls and preparing and eating lunch to watch JUST AROUND THE CORNER. The quality is aeons ahead of the wretched Fox Movie Channel print. This looked very good, very solid throughout.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2006, 02:15:35 PM »

Tonight, I am going to watch the second half of CLEOPATRA. I haven't seen the second half of the film since I saw it during its original release.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »

Off to read more of my book.

Then it's on to the Nile with Elizabeth and Richard.

WBBL.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2006, 02:45:34 PM »

DR Elmore - tonight's pizza and a movie night at our house.  Wanna come?

DR Ginny, thanks, but I've got to get some work accomplished before I head back to Manhattan.  Perhaps next visit?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2006, 03:22:06 PM »

Greetings from Sweet Corn Days. This float cracked me up.  I had a great time last night with my friend who came to town for his class reunion.  I went to the informal gathering with him then back to my parent's house where we stayed up and talked til after 3:00AM!!! I can't remember the last time I was up that late.  This morning we made it downtown for breakfast, the parade and free sweet corn. They went through 7000 ears of corn!!

Anyway, having fun but not at the computer much so I haven't caught up on the posts

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »

Page three?  This will NOT do, oh, no, this will NOT do.  Back from a meeting, and I've just given the rights to a soundtrack CD label to issue the original motion picture soundtrack to The Creature Wasn't Nice aka Spaceship aka Naked Space.  The score is by David Spear and the songs, of course, are by my very own self.  There may also be a couple of surprises as bonus tracks.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2006, 03:34:38 PM »

Why isn't Krtizerland releasing The Creature Wasn't nice?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I made it back to New York City just a little before 3:00am last night.  And my friend, Andy, ended up joining me for the ride back up - and to spend the weekend up here with me.  -He'll take the train back tomorrow.  So...

We spent most of today walking our feet off in Lower Manhattan, and we're going to see The History Boys tonight.  And then... ???

So...

I have not had time to check the posts, but as for my proposed Brunch for tomorrow, I'm afraid I'm going to have to postpone.  Just not enough hours in the day tomorrow to get done what needs to get done.  I'll try and check in with the HHW NYC contingent via e-mail and phone, but in the meantime, I figured that this would be the fastest way to get the word out.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2006, 03:48:55 PM »

In other news..

Did you know that if you present an out of state driver's license at the Visitor's Center at Macy's - Herald Square, you receive a discount voucher for 11% off your purchases for the next five days?  -And you can even use it in another state too within that time period.  Yes, I know Macy's is a bit "controversial" in some circles lately, but, in any case, it's a cool promotion.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »

I seem to have bad luck re: getting sick.  I catch things way too easily. Everytime my sis gets sick i manage to get what she has.  But this time I thought I lucked out (i wasn't even thinking about getting sick). She had a sore throat last weekend that turned into something more.  Well guess what, last night my throat started hurting. And it still hurts today.

I tried not to touch the baby. And washed my hands a lot. And didn't kiss her. My sis said it was okay if i touched her (as long as i washed). Since if the baby got sick she would think it was because she (my sis) was sick.

But i don't like taking chances. But still there were a couple of times when nobody else could watch her ... and she wandered off (crawled) somewhere she wasn't supposed to be.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2006, 03:49:35 PM »

And Macy's is also displaying the winning designs from each week of "Project Runway" in one of their windows on 34th.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2006, 03:50:14 PM »

OK - Time to get ready to head to the theatre...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2006, 03:51:41 PM »

I should go back to lying in bed.  Right now my throat isn't too bad. But i just feel quite fatigued.  

Joan rivers is on the shopping channel this weekend. And for some reason i get pleasure watching her chat and joke with the hosts (mildly entertaining).

For Big Brother fans (no spoilers), I just came to the computer to read who won the veto competition (results not in yet). I can't wait to see it.

If anyone here reads canoe and wants to post with spoiler warnings (a discussion about what is going on) I would love to join it. It is quite interesting in the Big Brother house right now!

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2006, 03:53:08 PM »

DR Jose, I actually think all the NYCers could not make brunch. :(

So i guess it is good you can't either. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »

I cannot find much to drink that soothes my throat. So far grape/apple juice is the best (it is actually grape juice combined with apple juice).

Tomorrow i want to go swimming with the baby and others (how much energy could it take to go swimming).

While i lie in bed i may work on my scrapbooking a bit. I can't remember if i mentioned it here but my sister and i have both (in the last few months) taken up scrapbooking. She has a lot more supplies than i do. But i went over yesterday and she let me take 6 pieces of special paper (she bought a kit that had 4X each paper).  Of course both our books are about the little megan. But who cares.

Not sure if there is anybody else here who scrapbooks. It actually takes quite a while to do each page. So we've both only done around 7 pages.

Actually interesting story. When my sister's 11 yr old niece was here last week, we got her into scrapbooking too. And i told her about "scraplifting" where you copy ideas from scrapbook books. Anyhow she is so cute and her idea of copying is basically to copy it exactly. THe funniest thing was when she copied some ladies journal entry (where you write text about the picture). She just substituted megan's name for the lady's baby! :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 03:59:12 PM by Jennifer »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »

I didn't want to put a film score on Kritzerland just yet (may change in the future).  And the label I agreed to is going to do a really nice package and they'll be able to get it out there in a much better way to soundtrack fans.

I shall now be on my way to LACC for Ye Olde Sounde Checke.  I may be late again this evening, in which the notes will also be late.  Do keep the home fries burning, you dear, dear people out there in the dark - we must have some good reading matter for our mental delectation, you know.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2006, 04:34:55 PM »

In other news..

Did you know that if you present an out of state driver's license at the Visitor's Center at Macy's - Herald Square, you receive a discount voucher for 11% off your purchases for the next five days?  -And you can even use it in another state too within that time period.  Yes, I know Macy's is a bit "controversial" in some circles lately, but, in any case, it's a cool promotion.

Jose, please remind me of that discount if, and when, I manage to get to NYC.  I love the Macy's at Herald Square.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2006, 04:39:23 PM »

This is really pathetic!  We need a lot of frenzies!!!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2006, 04:40:37 PM »

Even Alfred Hitchcock had a Frenzy!

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2006, 04:42:02 PM »

Not a soul in the place!  Good grief, it looks like my bedroom.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2006, 04:49:52 PM »

I went out to lunch today in honor of my great nephew's impending return to Pennsylvania to live with his father.  The lunch was hosted by my sister and brother-in-law (his grandparents).  An interesting afternoon, considering my sister kicked her husband out of the house over a week ago.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2006, 04:53:19 PM »

Yesterday, one of the innocent case aides in our office said she didn't like Tom Cruise.  "He sucks," she said.  After a rather long forced silence, we all agreed that, yes, he does.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2006, 04:53:59 PM »

I guess I might as well.....................
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up