Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG FINISH  (Read 16436 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE BIG FINISH
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

Page 4
[/b][/color]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2006, 05:01:13 PM »

Come on guys!  Where is everybody?

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2006, 05:02:16 PM »

Come on guys!  Where is everybody?

Well, let's see.......... Jose is at the theater; Matt H. is off with Liz Taylor; Laura, Sandra, Kerry, Music Guy and BK are on their way to the cabaret show.  Penny and George are at the Village Theater with FJL and Skip; Ginny is eating pizza and watching movies; and, hopefully, elmoore is getting some much needed rest.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2006, 05:03:32 PM »

Oh no!  I have taken to quoting myself!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2006, 05:04:32 PM »

Has Ann caught up yet?  PLEEZE!
“One thing’s universal,

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »

Yup, Ann's here.  I'm procrastinating about folding my laundry, and watching Noises Off.  I've been fighting off some sort of sickness, and my head isn't quite feeling well.  Drugs aren't seeming to help...hmmm.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2006, 05:08:20 PM »

Yup, Ann's here.  I'm procrastinating about folding my laundry, and watching Noises Off.  I've been fighting off some sort of sickness, and my head isn't quite feeling well.  Drugs aren't seeming to help...hmmm.  

I will be happy to respond to that previous post, but first let me go stuff towels under the door to keep the neighbor's germs out.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2006, 05:13:05 PM »

...Ginny is eating pizza and watching movies...

We ate pizza and watched the beginning of Walk the Line, then DH Richard and DS Rob decided they wanted to watch the episode of Numbers that's just starting.  So, I'm back until we can resume the movie; it was just beginning to sparkle, with the introduction of the June Carter character.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2006, 05:14:48 PM »

DR Ginny, thanks, but I've got to get some work accomplished before I head back to Manhattan.  Perhaps next visit?

That's OK, DR Elmore.  Just wanted to give you a graceful way to escape the drama if you felt it necessary.  You know you're welcome anytime.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2006, 05:15:07 PM »

Since I was talking about the musical TITANIC last night, I popped the CD in today, and have been listening to it over and over again.  It will be the Musical in Concert next March at one of Tacoma's theaters.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2006, 05:17:01 PM »

We ate pizza and watched the beginning of Walk the Line, then DH Richard and DS Rob decided they wanted to watch the episode of Numbers that's just starting.  So, I'm back until we can resume the movie; it was just beginning to sparkle, with the introduction of the June Carter character.

Ginny, why is NUMB3RS on televsion on a Saturday night?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2006, 05:17:29 PM »

I went to our local mall for the first time in about 5 months and it's pretty pitiful.  A lot of stores have closed and others look like they're about to.  Of course, when a town has 2,500 steelworkers locked out from their jobs, the economy is bound to suffer.  The draw for me today was the Estee Lauder "gift with purchase" offer at Dillard's.

DR Jose - will the Macy's deal still be in effect the first week in October?

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2006, 05:18:16 PM »

Ginny, why is NUMB3RS on televsion on a Saturday night?

No idea, DR TCB.  We just watched an episode last night, too.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2006, 05:22:21 PM »

I went to our local mall for the first time in about 5 months and it's pretty pitiful.  A lot of stores have closed and others look like they're about to.  Of course, when a town has 2,500 steelworkers locked out from their jobs, the economy is bound to suffer.  

I need a long rest.  I could have sworn that your post said that 2,500 streetwalkers were locked out of their jobs.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2006, 05:23:38 PM »

I need a long rest.  I could have sworn that your post said that 2,500 streetwalkers were locked out of their jobs.

Well, we had one of those plying her trade in the library restroom earlier this week...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »

Just where did someone find 2500 chastity belts?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »

It's taken me about 9 months.  No not that!
I've at last listened to "The Last Starfighter".  Its so much better than the very unfunny and tedious joke of a musical "Escape From Forbidden Planet".

Last night's viewing here in the Land Of OZ was the very funny (at least to Us) "The league of Gentlemen's APOCALYPSE"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »

Just where did someone find 2500 chastity belts?

From what I understand, SWW, chastity belts alone would not put them out of business.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2006, 05:32:39 PM »

I'm sure there is a joke waiting there connecting chastity and cher and cher alike. Chastity - not really the sonny side of street walking.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »

From what I understand, SWW, chastity belts alone would not put them out of business.

Sure, but they'd be living from hand to mouth.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2006, 05:41:52 PM »

And it's time I got dinner on the table.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2006, 06:12:03 PM »

Sure, but they'd be living from hand to mouth.

::)

(Drum hit!)  Or making ends meet.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2006, 06:13:19 PM »

And now back to work.  I'm on the last BABES score, not to be confused with the last starfighter.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2006, 06:44:32 PM »

DR Jose - will the Macy's deal still be in effect the first week in October?

I'm not Jose (obviously) but I think that deal is an on-going thing. They don't publicize it but it's a way to lure in out-of-town shoppers. I know there is usually some kind of hotel promotion as well. Ask your hotel or just go to the mezzanine level of Macy's and ask.

BTW, Ginny. Did you take the Bed and Breakfast on 16th Street or will you be staying at the Comfort Inn on 46th Street?

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2006, 08:31:47 PM »

BTW, Ginny. Did you take the Bed and Breakfast on 16th Street or will you be staying at the Comfort Inn on 46th Street?

Ben, we decided to stick with the CI-Midtown this time, since it's a known quantity and Cillaliz and Jane will be there, too (last I heard).  Richard and I thought we might look into some of those other options while we're in town, for future reference.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2006, 08:32:22 PM »

We had a very large thunderstorm come through here around 7. It's the most rain we've had in weeks. My yard was looking very brown (I do not waste water watering my lawn), but I suspect with all the rain tonight, I may end up mowing next weekend.

I'm sure there were a lot of grateful people for that rain today. It did cool things off quite a bit.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2006, 08:33:15 PM »

Spring approaches in the Land down under.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2006, 08:35:15 PM »

CBS calls it "Crime Time Saturday" where they usually show reruns of two of their procedural crime dramas back to back. They have so many from which to pick that they switch them around. This week, NUMBERS was one of the two selected. (Was CRIMINAL MINDS the other this week?)

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2006, 08:36:52 PM »

Hot off the easel. (and not quite completed)
DP's latest effort - it's a village near Naples.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2006, 08:37:28 PM »

DR TCB is correct: I was with Liz Taylor tonight in CLEOPATRA, at least the last two hours of it. Found it pretty enjoyable, not the snooze-fest my memory told me the Antony-part of the story was. (Always liked the Rex Harrison half much better.)

I was more attuned to Roddy McDowall's performance in the second half this time around. Martin Landau does a good job in the film as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up