Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG FINISH  (Read 16619 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE BIG FINISH
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2006, 08:39:17 PM »

And that CLEOPATRA DVD might be several years old, but the transfer still shows off those mega-expensive and huge sets and costumes to perfection. There may have been a lot of waste on that production, but everything still looks pretty sumptuous to my eyes. Truly a feast for color TVs.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2006, 08:41:13 PM »

DR Tomovoz - beautiful daffodils and a lovely painting.  Thanks for sharing!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2006, 08:41:44 PM »

Page Five ALICE IN WONDERLAND Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2006, 08:42:45 PM »

I decided to make it a Todd-AO evening by next putting in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. I always enjoy revisiting this wonderful film, and this time was no exception. Great entertainment.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2006, 08:43:34 PM »

I finished the evening watching some numbers from some shows I've been in and lucky enough to have been reocrded: BABY, FOREVER PLAID, COMPANY.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2006, 08:45:24 PM »

As for tomorrow, I recorded WHIRLPOOL off the Fox Movie Channel today, and since I've never seen it before, I'll more than likely watch that tomorrow.

And I'll likely finally get to the DVD of THE DETECTIVE tomorrow, too.

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2006, 08:47:34 PM »

Thanks DR Ginny. I take pride in partner Colin's Art and garden.  I am neither artistic nor have "green fingers".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2006, 09:01:30 PM »

I'm heading for bed now.

Good night!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2006, 09:01:51 PM »

I'm home - - and still buzzing from that last cup of Starbucks in Blythe, CA. We had a lovely weekend and ate more food than I thought possible. It was lovely to meet two of our newest DRs.

Lovely photo and lovely painting, DR Tomovoz.

The good news is that they captured "The Serial Shooter" on Friday, who turned out to be two people.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2006, 09:58:54 PM »

The worse clothing fads....

Hemm lets see I was a kid in the 70s and 80s:

polyestery pants and shirts..
spandex pants
jelly shoes
jumpers
short shorts
prairie dresses - some were not that bad
astro bright colored sweatshirts.
"Mall Hair" - though mine was tame in comparision to some....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2006, 10:01:35 PM »

Happy Anniversaary Kerry and MusicGuy!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2006, 10:05:39 PM »

MattH, I recorded WHIRLPOOL as well, it sounded like a fun movie...hopefully I will get a chance to watch it someday.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »

Just where did someone find 2500 chastity belts?

For some reason after yours and TCB's remnarks I could not get a scene from Robin hood Men in Tights out of my mind. At the end ef the movie they have to call for a locksmith for the chastity belt....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2006, 10:09:30 PM »

Beautiful picture of the the yellow flowers, Tom. Love the painting, very nece.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2006, 10:13:22 PM »

I forgot this one...

I have SoCal to thaink for this fad....

Valley Girl talk aka Valspeak.... Like fer sure.. like totally .... Like he is a total space cadet....

Other clothing fads: the preppy look... I actually did not mind this one... but I did not care for the punk look....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

Laura, I am glad to see you had a safe return from the SoCal... From the notes you had a delightful time with bk and fellow hainsies and kimlets.

I am glad to hear they finally caught the serial shooter.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2006, 10:41:33 PM »

Anyone out there....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2006, 10:42:04 PM »

twiddles thumbs.... ho hum....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2006, 10:42:46 PM »

Anyone remember the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2006, 10:43:03 PM »

Sixteen Candles?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2006, 10:43:48 PM »

Pretty in Pink???

Summer Camp Nightmare?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2006, 10:44:32 PM »

Nine more posts to page 6
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 10:44:56 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2006, 10:46:35 PM »

Did any of the gentlemen sport mullets back in the 80s?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2006, 10:51:23 PM »

I am trying to imagine TCB in a mullet

to clarify...

behold the mullet...

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 10:51:44 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »

here is another example of the mullet

It appears it was quite the rage of gangsters, con men and other rebels to sporth these. Thankfully I was never part of that rage...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2006, 10:54:37 PM »

Of course matt is the preppy one on the right!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2006, 10:57:16 PM »

Perming ones hair was a fad some fell victim tooo....

I never wore power suits thank god... Some looked like aliens in them...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2006, 11:01:04 PM »

I noted hoop earrings were the rage also...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2006, 11:01:52 PM »

Anyone remember jodhpurs?

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2006, 11:02:32 PM »

Hi, Dakota!!

I just got home from Village Theater...

OzMan!! lovely daffodils - a favorite flower of mine - and the painting of the Vicina a Napoli Village. Thanks for those pix!

As I was saying - just got home... left at intermission. It was a Roy Rogosin adaptation of Field of Dreams. Oy. Really awful songs - terrible lyrics, bad rhymes, melody? what melody? Even Iowa farmers at one point RAPPING - I kid you not. What the hell? And a posse of said farmers also jivin' real bad in some sort of black Gospel number... whassup wit' dat? OY.

At least there was no compelling storyline... the characters wanted spaghetti, they got spaghetti, after a mild argument over Prego or Ragu... not literally, but OY that's the degree of drive the thing had. Has. Had. No events that take one soaring into song. No real conflict or angst or anything. But it was the SONGS - the awful songs that propelled me into my vehicle to hie me home ASAP. Sheesh.
PennyO
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up