Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GETTING MY HEAD TOGETHER  (Read 16727 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:GETTING MY HEAD TOGETHER
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2006, 02:42:26 PM »

My goodness!! MusicGuy's back to posting!

WELCOME BACK, maestro! :D

And with such delightful witty posts.  :D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2006, 02:44:58 PM »

Yes, $10 cheaper than the GPS conversion.  Thanks!!  Now it's on to find the Danish recording.  I'm turing into a "Miss Saigon" whore (can I say that here??)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2006, 02:50:15 PM »

Thanks Dr Francois, I need to check the euro-usd exchange as The Sound of Music shop in Germany has it for 53,00 euro.  Not sure which is the best rate.

You can click HERE for The Universal Currency Converter®.  It changes often, so it accurately reflects the current exchange rate.  I always check it before I order something from overseas. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2006, 02:53:37 PM »

The day is getting away from me.  Quick, Watson, the day!  Shortly I shall toddle over to Jerry's Deli to meet with Miss Joan Ryan, and then I have to write at least a page or two.  Then I have to decide whether to go to this play tonight - I'm really on the fence about it.
Not a picket fence, I should hope!  Most unseemly!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2006, 02:57:49 PM »

Yes, $10 cheaper than the GPS conversion.  Thanks!!  Now it's on to find the Danish recording.  I'm turing into a "Miss Saigon" whore (can I say that here??)
It certainly fits the plot!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »

I will say that my favorite Kander and Ebb songs would have to include the absolutely brilliant So What from Cabaret, one of the greatest character songs ever written.

How could I forget this one??  I especially love Lotte Lenya's version...she was the originator, after all. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2006, 03:26:14 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR TomovOz's dad.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2006, 03:26:35 PM »

Greetings and a big hello to DR Francois.....thank you for your nice welcome greeting.  

I'm afraid I'm a little behind.....is there a new puppy about to appear at the house of DR Jane ? If so, I too look forward to pictures soon!

Tomovoz

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2006, 03:27:46 PM »

Thank you DRs for the congratulations etc for my Dad.
I shall be leaving in afew minuites to visit him. He lives on Phillip island.  For those that don't  know this area - it is the home of a colony of Fairy penguins.  No I was not born there.

Thank you for the Dandenongs suggestion DR MusicGuy. As I live in the foothills of the Dandenongs, I would be preparing said "Devonshire" tea myself.

I wonder if TCB has tried my recipe yet!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2006, 03:30:48 PM »

Dear Esteemed, lauded, and (hopefully) sated BK --

OK...I don't care about the machinations of Washington D.C., or crazy people & airplanes in the U.K. -- I want to hear about important things.  What did you eat at Jerry's??  After a number of very scientific taste-tests, I think I really do prefer Art's on Ventura.  I can't say exactly why.....

Happy Latkes !

Tomovoz

« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2006, 03:33:38 PM »

Late additions to TOTD - some of the songs from "Spiderwoman" and "The Rink". No time to check them at the moment.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »

I'm afraid I'm a little behind.....is there a new puppy about to appear at the house of DR Jane ? If so, I too look forward to pictures soon!

I finally caved in and said we should get another dog.  We looked at multiple shelters, visited Labrador Retriever breeders and finally realized our hearts need another Bernese Mountain Dog.

The current update on the puppies, which were born on July 29th, is that their eyes are beginning to open. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2006, 04:30:04 PM »

I also had to go to Great Neck last night.  The train ride home was a shock.  The train was basically empty and the ride very pleasant, and I was thinking boy, this LIRR is great.  Then, at Shea Stadium, what must have been a thousand people got on the train and it went from paradise to the crowded train ride from hell the rest of the way.  Bad timing on my part, I guess.  

How horrible for you!  Having to ride on a train full of NY Mets fans.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »

Flying naked could be fun. Just watch those table trays.

Especially in the upright position!

:o :o :o  
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2006, 04:41:37 PM »

Centenarian birthday wishes to the father of DR Tomovoz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2006, 04:46:25 PM »

Hello everyone!  What a long day.   I really like my NOAA weather radio, but when it went off at 2:00 AM, 2:12 AM, 2:51 AM, 3:05 AM.....4:15 AM...I was ready to throw it out the window!! But all the storms were nearby, so I couldn't turn it off.   Anyway, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »

DR Jane, We may be back at the CI after all. I had an email today cutting it down to the 4 nights and keeping the same low rate I originally booked.  So, I'm thinking the air bed will be the way to go. Did you tell them you were planning to use the airbed?  I'm waiting to hear what Jon thinks, but now it will save us a chunk of change

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2006, 04:51:38 PM »

Dear Esteemed, opulent, glamorous, willowy & sensual BK --

Glad your jog went joggingly, and that the Curtains opening last night turned out to be an enjoyable evening.  A lot of people aren't aware that aside from being a very good actor, David Pierce is also a very accomplished musician on the same instrument that I play.  Small World ! (cue Herbie).....

Oh the contrary, I have often heard that Mr. Hyde Pierce plays the organ.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:18:26 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2006, 04:52:13 PM »

TOD, I like But the World Goes Round.  I liked a couple songs in CURTAINS, including Tough Act To Follow, which is supposedly one of the last songs Kander and Ebb wrote together - at least that's what I read somewhere. It's one of those songs that would fit as a tribute to each other.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »

Thank you DRs for the congratulations etc for my Dad.
I shall be leaving in afew minuites to visit him. He lives on Phillip island.  For those that don't  know this area - it is the home of a colony of Fairy penguins.  No I was not born there.

Congratulations to your father, Tomovoz, on his 100th birthday.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2006, 05:20:57 PM »

Happy B'day to DR Tomovoz' Father

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »

Back from a nice lunch meeting with Miss Joan Ryan.  Lots of ideas tossed back and forth like a salad.  I had bacon and eggs, with tomotoes on the side, and we split some yummilicious french fries.

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2006, 05:43:48 PM »

We are about to taste-test the ice cream pie.  Film at 11 - no, earlier, because I plan to be fast asleep long before 11!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »

Where is everyone?????

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2006, 06:49:48 PM »

Oy!  The radar looks like we'll get those middle of the night thunderstorms again. So who needs sleep
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 06:51:22 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2006, 06:50:23 PM »

Ginny, what did you think of the pie?

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »

Ginny, what did you think of the pie?

It tasted good, but not what I expected.  The crust was more like a brownie than pie crust.  Not sure how it will handle at a potluck, but I'll give it a try.  DH & DS liked it a lot, probably because they hadn't been playing in it for the last 24 hours!

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2006, 07:00:28 PM »

...So who needs sleep

I do, because I got up at 5:30am.  Tomorrow I get to "sleep in" until 6!

'night.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 07:00:47 PM by Ginny »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the Hudson Theatre.  We'd best have had a few frenzies by the time of my returning for which you'll be yearning.

George

« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2006, 07:13:16 PM »

I'm off now.  I'm also taking tomorrow off from work so that I can start moving some boxes from my extra bedroom into storage.  My sister wants me to start cleaning my house...and I'd better. :) She wants to sell it for as much as she can get for it and if I don't move out, she can't sell it, and since I don't want to buy it, I'd better get moving! ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up