Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAMING OF FOOD  (Read 31979 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:DREAMING OF FOOD
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 04:47:11 AM »

And the word of the day is: TELEGENIC!
After his daring move, letting a bit of LEG ENTICE the viewers, it was decided by general concensus that former President Richard Nixon was TELEGENIC after all!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2006, 04:47:23 AM »

And here we are at Page 2!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2006, 04:47:46 AM »

Page Two Dance: the Can-Can!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2006, 04:48:00 AM »

And a happy birthday to Mr. Woody White. We are the same age! 1953 was a good year.

Ben

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2006, 04:49:51 AM »

I don't have a car. I haven't had one since 1980 when I moved to New York. I couldn't imagine owning a car again. We usually rent a car once a year (or less) when we go back to Minnesota. If we moved to a new location I guess we would have to have a car but I would be one of those annoying nerds who insisted on a small, energy efficient car which got high, high mileage (perhaps a hybrid).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2006, 04:51:40 AM »

And a happy birthday to Mr. Woody White. We are the same age! 1953 was a good year.
Was it?  I don't remember that much of it.

Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2006, 04:52:30 AM »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2006, 04:53:02 AM »

Hey, Tom!

Hey, George!

Happy Birthday, S. Woody!
Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2006, 04:53:29 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to S. Woody White!! ;D
Thank-you!

Ben

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2006, 04:53:55 AM »

Although I wasn't downtown (near the World Trade Center) I was close enough to see the Towers burning and I have no desire to hear ANYONE's 911 calls. Not to pass judgement (oh, hell, I'll do it anyway), I think it's gruesome. I also don't need to see Oliver Stone's movie. I don't care if it's the best movie ever made. I lived through the time. I can't imagine going through it again on celluloid. I know there is great interest outside of New York (and probably in New York) about the events, especially with the 5 year anniversary looming large but I will observe it in my own, quiet, way.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2006, 04:54:33 AM »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2006, 04:55:17 AM »

Happy Birthday, S. Woody!!!!  Many, more!
Thank-you!

Ben

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2006, 04:55:43 AM »

Ben said: And a happy birthday to Mr. Woody White. We are the same age! 1953 was a good year.

Was it?  I don't remember that much of it.

Thank-you!

Re: 1953 - so I'm told from others who would have better memories of that time  ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2006, 05:11:30 AM »

The release of the 911 tapes bothers me.  I can't help feeling that there are privacy issues here, that the families and friends of those who made the calls are now having to endure the event in an even more public way than they had to endure it before.  Now, complete strangers are listening to their loved ones final moments.  Everything is being exposed, exploited.  It's just wrong.

td

• td
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2006, 05:23:16 AM »

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY S. WOODY!

Anyone else here addicted to myspace.com?
Anyone else here addicted to youtube.com?  Last night I watched the gorgeous Marin Mazzie performing "Back to Before" in a concert setting as well as a clip of Bernadette Peters performing "I'm Flying" on THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2006, 05:25:30 AM »

Since I am not a driver, it's a little silly for me to be fantasizing about cars.

Other than something large, and comfortable.

And capable of transporting five dogs, two of whom are quite large themselves.

And preferably forest green.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2006, 05:26:01 AM »

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY S. WOODY!
Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2006, 05:28:01 AM »

I should be getting ready for our grand and wonderful trip to Philadelphia.  Der Brucer has planned a couple of very nice meals, a museum tour, and lordy knows what else we will manage to fit into the schedule.

I just hope we don't have to park the car too many times, since that can get expensive.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2006, 05:30:53 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR S WOODY WHITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2006, 05:35:01 AM »

TD, I've never been to myspace but I have had lots of youtube videos sent to me by friends. Yes, it can be quite addicting. There are many clips from Broadway shows and the old TV shows like the CB clip you are wonderful to see. Even though the quality isn't great the clips are still fun to watch.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2006, 05:39:07 AM »

Good morning, all!  My life is too action-packed for words today.  I'm off to Toyland for several hours, then a jaunt to the Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization to look over a small job and initiate a contract for the work.  Following my visit there, I have a trek to the NYPL Theatre Collection to peruse some Elsie Janis scrapbooks.  Hopefully, after that, I can catch up with my WIZARD OF OZ friend David Maxine before he returns to San Francisco tomorrow.  I've left at least two messages for him on his cell and one on email,but there's been no response since his initial call on Monday!

The day I moved to New York and gaver up my car, insurance companies all over the USA threw a party.  I now only drive in my hometown since I know the territory, and I hate driving in unfamiliar environments.  There are no words to describe how underwhelmed I am at the thought of owning a car.  I have no thoughts on today's TOD beyond that.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2006, 05:40:56 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR S WOODY WHITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]
Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2006, 05:42:40 AM »

I must be going.  Der Brucer wanted to hit the pavement by 9, although I think that would bruise his knuckles.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2006, 05:46:53 AM »

Good morning all!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2006, 05:47:05 AM »

Happy birthday S. Woody!!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2006, 05:50:04 AM »

I woke up still feeling anxious about the job situation.  I'm feeling like I got locked into a decision I'm not yet sold on.  I'm hoping that goes away when they supply me with important details such as salary and benefits.  An offer isn't a formal offer until they provide those details, correct?  Likewise an acceptance isn't an acceptance until they've been provided.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2006, 05:50:30 AM »

Although I wasn't downtown (near the World Trade Center) I was close enough to see the Towers burning and I have no desire to hear ANYONE's 911 calls. Not to pass judgement (oh, hell, I'll do it anyway), I think it's gruesome. I also don't need to see Oliver Stone's movie. I don't care if it's the best movie ever made. I lived through the time. I can't imagine going through it again on celluloid. I know there is great interest outside of New York (and probably in New York) about the events, especially with the 5 year anniversary looming large but I will observe it in my own, quiet, way.

I share your views on this.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2006, 06:06:52 AM »

Happy Birthday SWW!!!

Have a splendid day!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2006, 06:07:08 AM »

Good day one and all!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2006, 06:07:59 AM »

I was also disturbed by the release of the tapes. What good will they do but open old wounds...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up