Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAMING OF FOOD  (Read 31976 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:DREAMING OF FOOD
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2006, 06:08:45 AM »

TOTD:

I am a corvette sort of gal....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2006, 06:09:13 AM »

And I see I just zoomed right over to page 3!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2006, 06:22:22 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  My, it's been busy here already this morning.

I'm working only half a day today, 'til 1pm, then doing some errands on the way home.  This evening, my book group gathers for our annual covered dish dinner and watching of the movie made from this month's book:  Bee Season, by Myla Goldberg.  All through the reading of the book, I kept trying to picture Richard Gere as the father and could not.  We'll see.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2006, 06:24:04 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR SWW!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2006, 06:26:36 AM »

I always thought a Cord would be nice-- say around '37 or '38.  But a 1956 Lincoln Continental was one very cool car.  Very classic lines.  Very much like a T-Bird but just a little more Bentley Greg.

Any Thunderbird from 1956 through about 1968 would be nice too.

Bruce, you said your music guy came over.  Do you have a music guy, too?  ;)

Don't worry about losing weight Bruce.  You are indeed quite thin, so enjoy it!
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2006, 06:45:55 AM »

TOD - In college, I dreamed of having a 1972 robin's-egg blue Mercury Capri.

FJL

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2006, 07:03:57 AM »

Happy happy birthday to SWW!

A very busy posting day in honor of a very special birthday!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2006, 07:23:35 AM »

I just turned 40 a few months ago and I guess I finally have to start growing up.  Darn. :P

;)

Don't you do it! In terms of business and managing money in order to pay bills and taxes and stay out of debt, I assume a mask of adulthood for those minutes it takes to do that.

Otherwise, I feel as young inside as I did at 18. I asked my father before he died if he felt young inside, and he told me fighting in the Pacific in World War II took that out of him.

Since I never was in the military (apart from two years in Army ROTC in college), I didn't have that experience. Maybe that's why I continue to feel just as immature and goofy inside as I did when I was a teen.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2006, 07:26:42 AM »

Good morning!

After the overcast of the last two days, it's bright and sunny here, just exactly the kind of day one would expect in August.

I wish it were October.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2006, 07:27:05 AM »

My dream car.  ;D

New for 1959, the Chevrolet Impala

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 07:28:31 AM by MBarnum »

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2006, 07:27:47 AM »

A very happy birthday to DR S. Woody. Hope the day (and all those connected with it) treat you right!

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2006, 07:32:28 AM »

Glad you're on-line, DR MBarnum!

There was an article in the newspaper today describing the Bollywood movie that's been filming at the Rockingham Speedway here. I'm sure you'd be familiar with the stars: Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherjee. The movie's title in English is DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY and involves a race car champion who hits the skids and then fights his way back to the top.

In fact, it sounds a lot like TALLEDAGA NIGHTS, the Will Ferrell movie that's been #1 at the box-office the last two weeks except the Bollywood movie won't be merely a farce like the Ferrell film is.

I had no idea Indians were even interested in stock car racing. One learns something every day.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2006, 07:34:44 AM »

Happy birthday SWW!!

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2006, 07:35:44 AM »

THough having a car is pretty much a necessity in this area of the country, I've never been a car person. I just want something reliable that will get me where I need to go.

However, I think I would love to have had one of those electric cars that the oil barons and car manufacturers managed to squash all those years ago.

As little as I drive now, an electric car would suit my needs admirably.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2006, 07:38:49 AM »

The MR. MOTO box will be completed this afternoon (luckily these films last barely an hour so it's easy to watch them and then go on with something else - perhaps another episode of THE WILD WILD WEST or THE MUPPEt SHOW with Julie Andrews which, come to think of it, is what's cued up in the player at this moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2006, 07:39:17 AM »

Oh yes, I like Saif Ali Khan! I would not be at all surprised if it was a remake of something like GRAND PRIX...Bollywood loves to remake (to them) foreign movies..

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2006, 07:40:16 AM »

Having lunch out with friends today, too, so that will also cut a bit into viewing time this afternoon. These Thursday lunches often run long.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2006, 07:42:55 AM »

Oh yes, I like Saif Ali Khan!

Yes, he is indeed very handsome in the small publicity picture they ran in the newspaper. "The Brad Pitt of Bollywood" he's sometimes called according to the newspaper article.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2006, 07:44:48 AM »

Good morning Dear Esteemed, hungry, automotive, & sleek BK --

As a result of your excellent information that you passed on to me last evening, I now have on order Kevin's DVD, Deceit. and The Last Starfighter CD.  It will be a great treat to look forward to, when I get back from my trip.

For your really yummy dinner tonight.......it's kind of hard to beat the Pounded Steak at M.& F. , extra gravy, etc.........
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 08:11:45 AM by MusicGuy »

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2006, 07:44:49 AM »

I would have absolutely NO interest in watching Steve Martin's version of THE PINK PANTHER. The ads on TV turned me right off, and I knew I'd never watch it in any venue: the theater, on DVD or on pay-cable.

And I read there is a movement underfoot to remake ALL ABOUT EVE with Sigourney Weaver as Margo Channing. That's another movie I'll be sure to miss.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2006, 08:00:22 AM »

My other dream car is the 1963 Mercury Comet...which was my first car, purchased for $200 in 1983.

MusicGuy

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2006, 08:10:34 AM »

TOD:

I have to admit that I'm one of those persons who love the design, look, and uniqueness of certain cars.  I'm not a "rebuild the carburetor" kind of guy (yea, like that's any big surprise!) , but I do love the interior and exterior design details of a number of autos.

I'll probably list some a little later.  But for any of you DRs who live in the southern California area, one of the most beautiful collection of truly "classic cars" (as opposed to hot-rods or so-called "muscle cars") is housed in a lovely museum out in the far north end of the San Fernando valley in Sylmar.

It is called "The Nethercutt Collection", it is housed in 2 large buildings, and there is no charge involved.  The one building is all cars and is open to the public at any time, and the other taller building houses both cars and other antiques and a floor of musical instruments, and it is free but requires a reservation.  The reservation is because in that building, the tours are conducted by a guide who gives a very informative description of the items.

The taller building is called "San Sylmar," and the one level building is called "The Nethercutt Collection."  The number to call for reservations for the guided tour building, is (818) 367-2251.  And the museums are located at 15200 Bledsoe Street, Sylmar, California.

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2006, 08:12:19 AM »

We had a Comet when I was growing up...JH, that's the first car your mom drove...don't know what year it was, but I think we got it in the 60s

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2006, 08:12:52 AM »

Good morning all and a very Happy Birthday to SWW

MusicGuy

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2006, 08:13:29 AM »

And when I was typing those words about "muscle cars,"  why did I think of DR MBarnum??   .....can't imagine !

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2006, 08:13:40 AM »

TOD...I have to say I love my Prius.  Right now the only other car I would like to have would be a Mini-Cooper. I think they are adorable

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2006, 08:14:32 AM »

I suppose I should get back to work....

MusicGuy

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2006, 08:17:32 AM »

Hi DR Cilla..........

Even though DP Kerry and I have had a really wonderful string of exotic cars over the years, my own "daily driver" right now is also a Prius hybrid.  I have never had a car that was better built, quiet, wonderful sound insulation, no rattles or squeaks, and it is a bonus in these days to actually get 44 mpg around the city.

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2006, 08:18:21 AM »

Before I go....I agree on the 9/11  911 tapes.  I don't see any point in releasing them to the public.  I can understand a committee studying them to see if there are ways to improve communication between law enforcement and medical personnel in emergencies or in allowing family members who want to hear them to do so, beyond that it's pretty disgusting, especially this long after the event

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2006, 08:19:52 AM »

Hi DR Cilla..........

Even though DP Kerry and I have had a really wonderful string of exotic cars over the years, my own "daily driver" right now is also a Prius hybrid.  I have never had a car that was better built, quiet, wonderful sound insulation, no rattles or squeaks, and it is a bonus in these days to actually get 44 mpg around the city.

Cool! I agree.  I had a 2003 Prius. It was a lot different, more of a little eco-mobile. When I got my 2005 Prius, I felt like I was moving into a sports car.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up