Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?  (Read 17139 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »

I'm seeing a Mexican ballet.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2006, 04:00:24 PM »

Saturday....alll day.

I like Saturday songs....like Come Saturday Morning....and...uh....what are some more Saturday songs?

The Bay City Rollers' "S-A-TUR-DAY NIGHT!"

Sondheim wrote a whole show called "Saturday Night" (in the link, scroll down to the sample article).

What can you do on a Saturday night, alone?
Who needs a view on a Saturday night, alone?
If it's a Saturday night and you are single,
You sit with a paper and fight the urge to mingle.

And home is a place where you gotta go back, alone.
Home is a place where the future looks black, alone.
I like the Sunday Times all right, but not in bed.
Alive and alone on a Saturday night is dead!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2006, 04:03:11 PM »

Pray for Rosemary's Baby:  A Mexican Ballet.  That's the title of my next musical.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2006, 04:08:24 PM »

It's hard to imagine naming a Mexican ballet, "PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY."
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2006, 04:10:44 PM »

Great minds think along the same lines, if not totally alike, TCB.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2006, 04:11:20 PM »

FJL, glad it got there and that you found it a momentary diversion.  It also makes a splendidly splendid coaster.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2006, 04:15:31 PM »

Very strange!
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2006, 04:21:53 PM »

Very strange!
[/b]

Yes, it will be.  I'll be taking several pages out of the Michael John La Chiusa songbook for the score.  My goal will be, to quote a certain friend of mine who's sung for MJLC, to make the actors feel "slightly dirty and totally inferior."  In my version, Rose Maria (it is in Mexico, after all) and her husband, Hombre (isn't that Guy in Spanish?), buy a prized ancient Sombrero which, when Hombre puts it on, transforms him into a bit player from a touring company of The Fantasticks named El Diablo.  They do the version with The Rape Song.  Ira Levin is, incredibly, having a little problem with some of these changes, so we need to get his close personal friend BK on the case, don't you think?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 04:24:43 PM by JMK »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2006, 04:32:58 PM »

Very strange!
[/b]

You want starnge? I'll give you strange:

Dancin' Chicken

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

jhvw

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »

I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to everyone who wishes me a happy birthday! Went out yesterday and closed down the bars, it was a blast. Spent most of the day recovering and getting ready to do it again tonight. It's sure nice how on your birthday everybody buys your drinks for you...I feel like an alcoholic right now. Ah well, your birthday only comes around once a year.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2006, 04:43:11 PM »

Ballet Folklorico is a Mexican Folk Dance troupe - years ago they were totally wonderful... authentic costumes and wonderful choreographies, based on regional dances, some of them quite ancient; and the music was thrilling. Mexican music isn't all Mariachi, you know... I don't know if that's what you're going to see tonight - but if it is and they are anything like what they were, you are in for a treat. But, then, I am an ethnic dance afficionada...
PennyO

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »

...afficionada...

Wonderful - you get the ending right and misspell the root! (One "f", dear.)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »

I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to everyone who wishes me a happy birthday! Went out yesterday and closed down the bars, it was a blast. Spent most of the day recovering and getting ready to do it again tonight. It's sure nice how on your birthday everybody buys your drinks for you...I feel like an alcoholic right now. Ah well, your birthday only comes around once a year.

By that rationale, my sister-in-law Lady Macbeth must have a birthday seven days a week!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2006, 05:00:04 PM »

Ballet Folklorico is a Mexican Folk Dance troupe - years ago they were totally wonderful... authentic costumes and wonderful choreographies, based on regional dances, some of them quite ancient; and the music was thrilling. Mexican music isn't all Mariachi, you know... I don't know if that's what you're going to see tonight - but if it is and they are anything like what they were, you are in for a treat. But, then, I am an ethnic dance afficionada...

I saw them perform in 1971, and I haven't seen or heard mention of them in years.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2006, 05:05:06 PM »

Went to see THE ILLUSIONIST today. Found it pretty good.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2006, 05:06:31 PM »

The New Christy Minstrels have not one but two Saturday songs: "Saturday Night," and "Everybody Loves Saturday Night."

Then Sir Elton has "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting"

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »

Be Careful and don't drive!!!

jhvw

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2006, 05:12:17 PM »

I'm not driving Cillaliz, my partner is. He said he's been doing good in tips today too so we should have plenty of cash for drinks. I think I'll go with Yagerbombs tonight, if my liver can handle it. We're going out with another couple I've never met before, so hopefully they are cool. It really sucks living in a town with no gay bars, instead we have to go to straight ones and act all appropriate so we don't offend any of the redneck hicks that live around here.

FJL

« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »

JMK - More than a momentary diversion, to be sure.  Thanks again for sending it.

FJL

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2006, 05:33:26 PM »

JHVW - You're almost at a milestone, post #18.  Or is post #21 the milestone?  I forget.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2006, 05:33:45 PM »

I'm sure it's hard to live there sometimes, JH. Have fun, just be careful...ok?

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2006, 05:34:19 PM »

I think it's 21

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2006, 05:35:06 PM »

BTW, when I was 23 if someone said "Be careful" I smiled said ok, and then did whatever I wanted to, lol

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2006, 05:38:25 PM »

BTW, when I was 23 if someone said "Be careful" I smiled said ok, and then did whatever I wanted to, lol

I still do.  

FJL

« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2006, 05:39:11 PM »

Along with my Spirtas DVD order and the sparkling CD from JMK, my Ticketmaster order arrived today for Oct. 5th Drowsy Chaperone, so i actually have my ticket in hand, or more accurately in my ticket drawer.  An HHW triple-header from the U.S. Post Office today.  Good things do come in threes.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 05:40:10 PM by FJL »

jhvw

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »

Well this post will knock me up to 18, working my way up! I'm kinda quiet at first when you get to know me because I'm a little shy, even in the anonymity  of the internet. But believe me, when I get comfortable with people I turn into quite the chatterbox.

Cillaliz- I'll be very careful, my partner isn't going to drink at all because they're doing checkpoints tonight. We'll be very safe. The other good thing about living in a small town, all the bars are like 5 minutes away at the most, so we won't have far to drive. Anyway, off to make myself look pretty!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »

Along with my Spirtas DVD order and the sparkling CD from JMK, my Ticketmaster order arrived today for Oct. 5th Drowsy Chaperone, so i actually have my ticket in hand, or more accurately in my ticket drawer.  An HHW triple-header from the U.S. Post Office today.  Good things do come in threes.

I am very glad to hear that, because I think I gained three pounds!
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2006, 05:54:49 PM »

Speaking of Mexico, maybe I've mentioned this before, but does anyone else know the movie VIVA MAX, a comedy based on a Jim Lehrer novel, which starred Peter Ustinov as a Mexican general trying to recapture the Alamo in the late 1960's?  I keep asking people to look at the property as a potential musical, and they either never heard of the movie or they think I'm nuts (mostly the former).

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2006, 05:57:05 PM »

Speaking of threes, our our New York theatre adventures are pretty well set.  A Chorus Line, Drowsy Chaperone and at the special request of jhvw....Wicked.  I had to get singles but was able to get 2 decent tickets for Friday night.

FJL

« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2006, 06:00:21 PM »

TRIP-TIX - that's the name of my new business venture for people who go on trips and want tickets to three shows, no more, no less.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up