Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?  (Read 17123 times)

François de Paris

Re:THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2006, 12:46:36 PM »

There are times when we can't sell something to someone because we just don't have enough money to make change.  I secretly enjoy telling people that. ;)

You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch!! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »

Well...the regular mail hasn't arrived, yet.

Maybe the irregular mail will soon!

François de Paris

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2006, 12:48:30 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I can't remember the details, but a few years ago, someone was being interviewed on a news magazine-type show and, referring to someone else, he said, "He lay prostate on the ground."

And I thought, he did?? ;)

It's easier for a "he" than a "she" to do so, no?! ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2006, 12:49:14 PM »

You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch!! ;)

I act apologetic. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2006, 12:50:17 PM »

Now, I'm going to check my mail!  I'm not holding my breath, though.  My "Deceit" DVD came a few days later than the first people who got it. ::)

That's why it's titled "Deceit", I guess! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2006, 12:51:45 PM »

See, the Actor's Studio's method always comes handy! ;)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:52:04 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2006, 12:53:37 PM »

Does your answer make them apoplectic?!

François de Paris

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2006, 12:58:13 PM »

Many, many, many, many years ago, when I was a teller at my local Savings Bank, a lady was flabergasted she could not get "pesetas" from us!

"Well, then, why does it say "Caisse D'Espagne" outside?".... while the name of the place was/is "Caisse D'Epargnes"!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2006, 01:08:23 PM »

LOL....Habla usted Francais?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2006, 01:11:15 PM »

I must go now.  I have to continue to attempt to clean my house. ;)

Later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2006, 01:26:51 PM »

Back from taking the manuscript to the proofreader.  Anyone been getting "too many connections" - I got an e-mail from Pogue saying he was getting that message, but I got on just fine.

This day has just flown by so far - I haven't even jogged yet, and then I have to go to a pre-show gathering at the Alex and I'm wishing I hadn't accepted the invite.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »

My Kevin Spirtas DVD came today. It will be watched tonight after TWO FOR THE MONEY. At least I know ONE thing I see tonight will be good.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2006, 01:58:25 PM »

About that book cover, I thought it was Leslie Parrish morphed into an old paperback cover. Shows what I know!

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2006, 02:00:02 PM »

Quite enjoyed SHERLOCK HOLMES IN WASHINGTON all over again, and I really marvel at the restoration work done on the movie. I had taped that one off TV many years ago, and the TV copy was so scratched and so light that it was practically unviewable. That restored DVD made the movie look brand new.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2006, 02:00:49 PM »

I had some phone calls to make so, I just put in episodes 2 and 3 of THE CLOSER to fill out my afternoon. Those shows are very entertaining no matter how many times I've seen them.

François de Paris

« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2006, 02:02:26 PM »

My Kevin Spirtas DVD came today. It will be watched tonight after TWO FOR THE MONEY. At least I know ONE thing I see tonight will be good.

Yes! TWO FOR THE MONEY is a terrific movie!! :o :o 8) ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »

Even though it's not on the packaging, be sure to listen to the commentary track once you've finished watching it - most amusing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »

I've been whiling away my afternoon laughing at Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry as Bertie Wooster and Jeeves.  I'd forgotten how much singing Hugh Laurie does; the second episode's sendup of "Sonny Boy" is quite a hoot.  Great BBC casting in the character roles:  Aunt Agatha is a true Wodehouse battleaxe.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2006, 02:40:12 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I can't remember the details, but a few years ago, someone was being interviewed on a news magazine-type show and, referring to someone else, he said, "He lay prostate on the ground."

And I thought, he did?? ;)
ah! Memories.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2006, 02:40:38 PM »

Back from a jog.  Can't decide whether to eat before or after the show tonight.  Dear reader Laura and I are going to attempt a get-together, but we'll have to see how zonked I am after an evening's worth of Mexican ballet.

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2006, 02:43:33 PM »

It's so early, I think I'll watch Kevin first before TWO FOR THE MONEY.

WBBL.

George

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2006, 03:13:44 PM »

Boxes are being filled...and filled...and filled.

That is all.

:)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »

In the spirit of Jon Stewart's "Moment of Zen," here is today's Moment of Blanche:

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2006, 03:19:40 PM »

I'm still figuring out this latest el cheapo digital camera.  It's actually a Philips, which kind of cracks me up.

I have been living a week of synchronicity (isn't that supposedly a sign of spiritual development).  To wit:

A week ago, on a total lark, I bought a movie called "What the Bleep Do we Know, Down the Rabbit Hole," because Gabe is interested in string theory and quantum physics and this film seemed to be about that, despite it starring Marlee Matlin.   ;D  So's anyway, we fire it up and lo and behold it was filmed in Portland, plus it has several featured appearances by actors with whom I've worked, notably Michele Mariana, whom I've music directed for many a time, who is playing a character named....Betsy.  Oy.

Then in my work life I am getting to know the new Rector at the church I MD for, who is from SLC, which some of you know I come from.   She was Chaplain at the parochial school I attended for many years, and she also tended to make friends with theater people, so it turns out her close circle either knows me or knows of me.  I've had a slew of emails today from SLC people and it's kind of been like old home week.  One of the Rector's friends was good friends with one of SLC's first Equity actresses who was my next door neighbor for most of my childhood and who was, in a very real sense, my personal Auntie Mame.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2006, 03:19:49 PM »

For those who might have missed it yesterday, and just because I love it so, here's the cover for the new book

Love the cover!

My mother was confused about the whole short stories thing and thought she heard you say YOU wrote dirty books for money when you lived on Whitley ave....silly mother.

speaking of dirty books I read writers block and am completely stunned at the intricacy of the story. nods and snaps to Bruce Kimmel for writing a mystery novel I didn’t completely loath.

The same day ( yesterday) I also went to se the Illusionist at the Arclight, which was a splendidly wonderful movie. Not ALL of the acting was absolutely wonderful, but it had enough heart that I loved it completely and cannot wait for the DVD. Highly recommended. Half of the Magic Castle members were there and shmooze as I might I could not get an invite.  :'( someday...
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2006, 03:29:42 PM »

In the spirit of Jon Stewart's "Moment of Zen," here is today's Moment of Blanche:

Blanche is a beautiful young lady, JMK!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2006, 03:31:08 PM »

JMK - Got the "semi-sparkling" CD :)  and really enjoyed it.  Touched my Yeshivah Boy roots all the way through, and was very impressed by the article!  

"Eyli, Eyli" is one of those songs from my Yeshivah childhood that has always stuck with me, by the way, so your rendition was especially haunting.  Thanks so much.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

Then in my work life I am getting to know the new Rector at the church I MD for, who is from SLC, which some of you know I come from.   She was Chaplain at the parochial school I attended for many years, and she also tended to make friends with theater people, so it turns out her close circle either knows me or knows of me.  

I wouldn't be surprised if my circle of friends knows of you.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2006, 03:35:02 PM »

Everyone must see my friend Rose Portillos play at the Gene Autry Museum!

THEY SHOOT MEXICANS DON'T THEY?

This acclaimed About Productions' theaterwork inventively explores 1920s Los Angeles when the "Latin" cultural landscape was ripe for export by west coast playwrights and east coast filmmakers. They Shoot Mexicans, Don't They? includes an ensemble cast of actors, dancers, and musicians who, along with original and vintage film, bring to life this early period in Los Angeles history.

www.autrynationalcenter.org/tsm
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2006, 03:46:38 PM »

Saturday....alll day.

I like Saturday songs....like Come Saturday Morning....and...uh....what are some more Saturday songs?

Saturday Night (Is The Lonliest Night In The Week)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up