Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL A SONG COMING ON  (Read 18527 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I FEEL A SONG COMING ON
« on: August 23, 2006, 12:23:32 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you felt a song coming on, the song came on, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're sitting there in amazement about how much ME there was in today's notes, and frankly, they're just a little disgusted.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:29:31 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I FEEL A SONG COMING ON
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:26:22 AM »

And the word of the day is: PARTURIENT!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:35:32 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you felt a song coming on, the song came on, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're sitting there in amazement about how much ME there was in today's notes, and frankly, they're just a little disgusted.

Well, what would they expect?  Notes about Guy Haines??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:38:22 AM »

A most wonderful and happy birthday to DR TCB
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 12:44:08 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=10]A VERY MERRY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR TCB!![/size][/move]

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 12:47:11 AM »

And on that note (G-natural), I'm off to bed.

Have a good evening, Tomovoz! :)

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 01:01:05 AM »

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, TCB!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 04:14:08 AM »

Good morning, all!  Not a great deal to do this morning, but I'm hopefully back to my usual schedule.  This morning I've a trip to the post office, the recordng office, and the NYPL Theatre Collection: librarian Barbara Knowles phoned me yesterday to tell me a scrapbook I had requested has been located.  Now if they can only find the missing BABES scrapbook I've been hunting for the past four years![move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO OUR DR TCB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 04:25:23 AM »

Happy Birthday to TCB!

Ben

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 04:26:02 AM »

Good Morning Larry

Ben

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 04:26:58 AM »

Glad to hear BK is coming to New York! I only hope we can get tickets to Last Starfighter since they sell out so quickly. I will have to put the phone on speed dial.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 04:28:26 AM »

I am VERY happy about this (just what I need, more CDs). I've been wanting this transfer for a lonnnnnnnnnnng time:

Candide

Tomovoz

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 04:30:29 AM »

Good morning DRs Ben and Elmore.

I have my "Candide" on order!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 04:32:35 AM »

Well, I must get back to work. I need to practice my lines. Like Bruce, I have not performed (other than the radio shows) for a long time, but I will soon be the "voice of the Foundation Center" The office needs/wants to re-record the phone messages on our system. They asked me to do it and I will receive a Barnes & Noble gift card for my efforts. By late next week I should be on the system. If you call the FC main number and the operator/receptionist doesn't answer you should hear me!

Ben

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 04:33:25 AM »

Good Morning Tom.

Michael

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 05:23:07 AM »

[size=8]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TCB!![/size]
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 05:24:21 AM »

ASK BK ?

I never heard of Betting on Bertie. What was the show about and who also was in it?
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 06:10:24 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!

Happiest of birthdays to DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 06:12:33 AM »

I am VERY happy about this (just what I need, more CDs). I've been wanting this transfer for a lonnnnnnnnnnng time:

Candide

DR Ben - thanks for this link.  I've been wanting the Christine Andreas My Fair Lady.  Congratulations, too, on becoming the voice of the Foundation Center.  I'll have to call after-hours sometime to hear you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 06:29:38 AM »

Candide
Oh, yes, oh yes, my, yes!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 06:30:16 AM »

Happy Celebrations to TCB!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 06:31:05 AM »

It is quite all right if you want to knock on wood, esteemed BK.  I shall not take it personally.

Kerry

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 06:33:34 AM »

Happy Birhtdya TCB, you big darling of a man!
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 06:33:50 AM »

And the word of the day is: PARTURIENT!
It is not nice to INTERRUPT A  PARTURIENT woman!

Kerry

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 06:34:51 AM »

I need to go to work, and I don't want to move.  I need to wear clothes (other than shorts and a T-shirt) but it is toohot and sticky.  Maybe Divine Inspiration will hit me.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 06:39:52 AM »

Recording artist Puffy Dawg was gleefully PARTURIENT when he decided to add some standup comedy to his regular material and devised a NUTTIER RAP.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 06:41:22 AM »

Dear DR Kerry: You don't want Divine Inspiration to hit you.  I've seen that drag queen in action, and she's got a mean left hook.

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 06:49:22 AM »

A question to all on Ask BK Day:

What do you think of home schooling?

I ask because my father's stepson (I guess that makes Joe my stepbrother, an interesting thought) is going through a particularly nasty divorce.  His wife has been homeschooling their daughters, now aged 15 and 17, since the begininning, and has been working hard to turn the two girls against him.  

Try as I might, I don't remember any of my friends having been home schooled.  Or, at least, none of them have ever admitted it.  I've only met the two girls once, when Dad and PaulAnn married, and they seemed a bit strange back then, noncommunicative with anyone except each other.

Is home schooling a good idea for the children involved?  Or is it just a good idea for the parent doing the schooling?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 07:51:40 AM »

Good morning!

It was overcast when I got up and got the newspaper, but the sun has broken through, and I suspect we're in for another scorching, muggy day.

Rain was in the forecast, but now I'm wondering if the front has passed us by. We'll see.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 07:52:44 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]A very Happy Birthday indeed to DR TCB!!![/move]
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up