Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE  (Read 22793 times)

Jason

Re:A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2003, 11:15:15 PM »

Jose: No mail today. One of the people I ordered from is sending me a replacement copy of the CD and this time they're sending it FedEx to ensure it gets here. I think that's the Lansbury GYPSY. The Tyne Daly recording had a delivery confirmation on it and it seems to have been delivered on Nov. 24 at 8:42am, but since it wasn't a signature confirmation, I have no idea who signed for it. I just know they claim to have delivered it and I don't have it. What a pain in the arse...

...Still loving the WICKED CD!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2003, 11:17:10 PM »

Did you know there were sixteen guests just a minute ago?  C'mon, you guests, join in the merriment and mirth and laughter and legs BUT do not POST.  We want no hot posts tonight because we are NOT having a posting FRENZY!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2003, 11:20:25 PM »

Good evening.

Hmmm...  Did someone put a bitch-slap sound effect on this board?  I could have sworn when I loaded the first page of posts for today, I heard a <slap> - ???  I thought it might have been linked to the new bitch-slap icon - which I love!  Who knows?  Maybe it was something that slid off my desk, but I swore the sound came from my speakers.  Ooooohhh... Aaaaahhh... Hmmmmm...

JoseSPiano:  Here's the (odd) thing.  The official bitch slap sign is a .gif and is actually an audio .gif.

It's the same audio of Carol Kane doing her schtick in "Scrooged" as the fairy ghost who bitchslaps Bill Murray every time he turns around.  I added it as though it were my photo and the sound didn't work when I tried to double-click on it.  But since it's part of the gif, maybe it randomly sounds off.

Sort of like a serendipitous bitchslap when one least expects it!  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2003, 11:21:51 PM »

Smugging: If memory serves me right, is what some of the schoolmates were doing on the playground, when it was cold, winter in "APotAaaYM".  ???  It's actually not explained in the book, but I did ask my teacher, a nun, about it at the time, and she said it referred to a sort of "mock, playful kissing".  I've actually never looked up the work in a dictionary, but that definition was good enough for me.  And the fact that it came from a nun still "impresses" me! ;)  And just the way the word sounds pleases me too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2003, 11:23:09 PM »

Well, Ron, I guess I did hear the slap then!  Whew!  I'm not going crazy.. well, crazier...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2003, 11:26:15 PM »

Jose:  I'm happy to allay your fears.

Of course, if you hear it again while you're waiting for a cue during a performance of "Camelot", I'm afraid I won't be much consolation to you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2003, 11:27:01 PM »

Isn't it funny?  I mention 16 guests and instantly ten of them clear out.  Makes a feller wonder but then this feller says what's the use of wondrin' if they're here or if they're gone, or if they want to lurk or never post, oh, what's the use of wonderin' if they're here or if they're gone, they're our hainsies and we love them more than Donny Most.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2003, 11:28:14 PM »

Ron, I should think you'd be very interested in Miss Stephanie J. Block's interview, since she spends a good deal of time talking about all the readings and the workshops and the heartbreak of being told Idina Menzel would be doing the role for B'way.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2003, 11:36:14 PM »

And I very much look forward to reading the interview with Ms. Block!  

It's always sad to hear someone tell how someone else gets a part that might have been a big break for another.  A billion tears have been shed, I'm sure.

I'd love to believe that each person who has a sad tale will always have a happier one to tell later, but that's not the reality.

I'm glad you're running the interview here, 'cause it's highly unlikely I'd be reading the other one elsewhere.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2003, 11:42:48 PM »

Time for bed. Big day tomorrow.  Taking Miss Vickie to her boarding kennel.  Then I have to stop by a UPS/MailBoxesEtc. to ship a package.  Then, HOPEfully, it's back here to pack and then relax until tomorrow evening.  My flight back east leaves at 11:40 p.m., pst, and I'll arrive in SC at 9:40 a.m. est.  

I'll be reading every day (or almost every day).  Will post iffen ah kin.  Depends on whether I'll be taking away any of my mom's time.  Of course, I can reimburse her if I put her over.

I'll be posting tomorrow, of course.  Until then...good night!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up