Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KIND OF SEPTEMBER  (Read 22240 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:THE KIND OF SEPTEMBER
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 10:12:02 AM »

Elmore, thanks for the news about PRETTY POISON.

I saw THE ILLUSIONIST. It didn't really stick with me too much.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »

Man, when I saw four pages yesterday, I thought, "Where did we do wrong? What on earth has happened?"

But 'twas the internet that failed us, and not the other way 'round.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 10:16:26 AM »

A change of mind time!

I saw the stage production of RENT in LA and was totally under-whelmed - it seemed just so much noise; consequently I had no interest in seeing the movie.

Well, Starz ran a HDTV version of the movie which I recorded on my DVR. Imagine my surprise -I really enjoyed it! Chris Columbus did a wonderful job of never forgetting that the songs were central to the experience. He opened up the action which added to the emotional impact, and the carefully-dictioned musical numbers moved the story along.

der Brucer

PS I'd like to see Columbus get the Les Miz movie gig!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 10:25:14 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 10:20:45 AM »

Gale Harrold is starring in a new series this fall?

Mimi Leder's "Vanished", now running - which I am enjoying.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006, 10:24:25 AM »

Whassup???

Fidelity is up and obedience is down on my bayonet buckle, sir!

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2006, 10:30:32 AM »

I see in the IMDB ad for THE WICKER MAN that the child Nicholas Cage is looking for is the daughter of a former lover?  Doesn't that shoot down the presmise of the original film about sacrificing a virgin to the gods?  Another must-miss remake!

Ok, agree about the must-miss, but even if the mother was a lover of Nicholas Cage's character, that doesn't mean the daughter can't be a virgin....am I missing something?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2006, 10:30:43 AM »

New York's NBC station has not been broadcasting the dreadful STARTING OVER and broadcasting infomercials instead:  this week I've had an hour of Time/Life romantic listening, and today's financial education.  I can't wait to finish lunch and head to the NYPL.

I watched Wednesday's PROJECT RUNWAY; Jeffrey is to Angela as I am to Sally Mayes.

Here in FArgo, we have not had taht awful program for several years... Today's infomercial : Depression treatment and Tae-bo
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2006, 10:31:20 AM »

JH- HIGH ENERGY VIBES TO GET YOU THROUGH THE DAY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2006, 10:32:37 AM »

Glad to see HHW back, I was unable to log on at all yesterday to the site and when I was finally able to access I got 'too many connections". Glad to see it back.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2006, 10:33:14 AM »

I got a really good night's sleep last night.  I have some piddly things to do at work today, but nothing taxing....of course if it involved taxing issues I'd have to call FJL

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2006, 10:33:46 AM »

Good day fellow DR's.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2006, 10:37:37 AM »

Tonight I'm going to Artsplash! It's an annual outdoor Art festival. New this year is the Friday night event. The artists will all be there, but the kids area isn't open.  So those of us who want to look at and/or purchase art don't have to deal with the kids.   I like that a lot.  

I may go back tomorrow to see Ben Baron’s Klezmer  & Dixieland Ensemble. I can't fathom the two styles by the same band, so I may just have to check it out.

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »

Well back to work....

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2006, 10:41:18 AM »

Friday (it is Friday, isn't it?) greetings!

LOL.....like dealing with people at the box office.....if the seat has an X, it's already sold.  But this is the first day you've been opened for SEUSSICAL....but we have been selling tickets since May.....  :P

Or like the people who go onto our library website, place reserves on books that are at one location to be picked up at another location, then drive to the pick-up point and expect the books to be there.  They get very indignant when we tell them that, on those automated reserves, nothing happens until the start of the next business day.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2006, 10:43:37 AM »

Ok, agree about the must-miss, but even if the mother was a lover of Nicholas Cage's character, that doesn't mean the daughter can't be a virgin....am I missing something?

Oh, you've never seen the original, have you?  One of my favorite movies.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2006, 10:47:19 AM »

...Has anyone been to see THE ILLUSIONIST yet?

DR Elmore - I'm going to suggest to DH Richard that we go see it Monday or Tuesday.

I have a glorious 4-day weekend ahead of me, because Monday is my regular day off, so I get Tuesday, too.  Tonight after work I'm driving to Tiffin, OH, for a planning meeting for the April, 2007, AAUW/Ohio conference.  Watch for me here online tonight, if I can get the iBook to work - I'm traveling solo with it for the first time!  I'll be back home Saturday evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2006, 10:47:57 AM »

Hey what did you BB watchers think of last night's show?

(space in case you didn't watch yet)

I was disappointed that erika won pov since she is grating on my last nerve.

I was happy janelle won hoh. But what the heck was up with them letting her chat with will for so long. I wish that hadn't happened.

Anyhow the new hoh has already been named (won't name it here). BUt i think whoever wins pov will control the game. Should be interesting.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2006, 10:52:09 AM »

TOD - CD(car):  audiobook, Lauren Willig's The Masque of the Black Tulip, read by Kate Reading, my favorite audiobook narrator.

DVD (when I get home tomorrow) - My Brother-Nikhil, The Girl in the Cafe

VCR - ?

Book - Vanishing Acts, by Jodi Picoult

DERBRUCER

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2006, 10:56:40 AM »

... I have some piddly things to do

Well it's raining around here, and Fletcher has decided to do his "piddly things" inside >:(

The other four, on the other hand, sallied forth when the wind blow open the front door. By the time I gathered up car keys, leashes and bicuits to go on a round up, they had had enough of Ernesto and came trotting back on in.

The most irritating thing is that because I had to take Woody to work, I was they last one thru the door when I returned - so I can't blame it on him for leaving it unlatched.

der Brucer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »

elmore, no point at all to remaking THE WICKER MAN, no point at all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2006, 11:14:09 AM »

elmore, no point at all to remaking THE WICKER MAN, no point at all.

Just like PSYCHO, isn't it?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2006, 11:20:59 AM »

Speaking of THE WICKER MAN, I grabbed the 2-DVD set when it came out.  It's OP, and now I see that Anchor Bay is only selling the inferior 88-minute print minus the 11 minutes of the director's cut.  A lot of logic got misplaced in those 11 minutes!

FJL

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2006, 11:21:14 AM »

Tried over and over to frenzy yesterday, but kept getting "too many connections."  So i had to frenzy offline.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2006, 11:23:56 AM »

My friend Michael, who suffered a stroke almost two months ago, is scheduled to leave the hospital part of the hospital today, and move to the rehab portion.  He's been improving steadily.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2006, 11:27:32 AM »

Has anyone been to see THE ILLUSIONIST yet?

I did. Really enjoyed it - which was a total surprise.  An old-fashioned (in the best sense) yarn, beautifully told and acted. I had such a great time! Came out of the theater smiling. And the audience - at a regular performance - applauded at the end. I think this will be a word-of-mouth sleeper hit.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2006, 11:27:40 AM »

My friend Michael, who suffered a stroke almost two months ago, is scheduled to leave the hospital part of the hospital today, and move to the rehab portion.  He's been improving steadily.

Continued improvement vibes to DR FJL's friend Michael!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2006, 11:31:04 AM »

I did. Really enjoyed it - which was a total surprise.  An old-fashioned (in the best sense) yarn, beautifully told and acted. I had such a great time! Came out of the theater smiling. And the audience - at a regular performance - applauded at the end. I think this will be a word-of-mouth sleeper hit.

Same at the soldout performance last week that I attended.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2006, 11:34:10 AM »

~~~Recovery Vibes for FJL's Friend, Michael!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2006, 11:46:04 AM »

media check...

DVD: Neverland
CD: Chieftians: Down the old plank road; Usung Sondheim, Kevin Spirtas
VHS: Story of English

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2006, 11:46:43 AM »

GEt well vibes for FJL's friend, Michael
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:47:14 AM by DakotaCelt »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up