Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KIND OF SEPTEMBER  (Read 22561 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE KIND OF SEPTEMBER
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2006, 01:52:14 PM »

DR RLP - hope you are feeling better.

I also give you belated thanks for posting the new A CHORUS LINE logo...very nice!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2006, 01:54:58 PM »

PAGE FOUR Original A CHORUS LINE prance!  :o

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to check out a theater space for a kid's thing I'm going to direct in January.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2006, 02:10:21 PM »

A Kid's Thing....sort of sounds like a Danny Kaye movie!!   With special material by Sylvia Fine.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2006, 02:21:29 PM »

I'm going to accept the seller's "offer" of her paying the closing costs and I'll pay the full asking price.  

If it's what you want, you were wise to make the deal! Many a good deal is lost by a buyer trying to wring a few extra concessions from a seller.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2006, 03:29:54 PM »

Congratulations on your new home, George!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2006, 03:34:59 PM »

What is the projected date for the housewarming, George?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2006, 03:42:46 PM »

Congrats, DR GEORGE!!!  Get ready for Condo-Mania!

Thanks!  Now I just have to finalize the financing!! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2006, 03:43:18 PM »

Congratulations on your new home, George!

And thank you!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2006, 03:43:41 PM »

What is the projected date for the housewarming, George?

I don't know!  I guess it all depends on the financing.  I've never done this before, so I don't know the rules of what order things have to happen in and how quickly they NEED to happen. :-\

George

« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2006, 03:44:51 PM »

If it's what you want, you were wise to make the deal! Many a good deal is lost by a buyer trying to wring a few extra concessions from a seller.

der Brucer

That's what I was thinking...it really is a good deal for what I'm looking for. :)

George

« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2006, 03:45:50 PM »

While I'm not quite ready to pop the surprise in my notes, I'll pop it right here on the discussion board - Mr. Kevin Spirtas will be playing one of the leading roles in The Brain From Planet X.  We're very excited.

Great news! ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2006, 04:00:06 PM »

JRand56, glad you ennjoyed Munecos Infernalas/Curse of the Doll People...and yes that Elvira Quintana was certainly built! Here breasts entered every scene five minutes before she did.

For some reason I got a second copy of Munecos Infernalas in the mail today...I must have somehow ordered it twice...don't know what happened!

Now t owatch BLACK PIT OF DR M!

François de Paris

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2006, 04:28:53 PM »

Oyez! Oyez!

A major exhibition of Disney art, at least 70% of it never seen before, is about to start in Paris.

IL ÉTAIT UNE FOIS WALT DISNEY, Aux sources de l'art des studios Disney will open at Galeries nationales du Grand Palais Paris on September 16, 2006 and will last until January 15, 2007. It will then travel to Museum of Modern Art Montreal where it will open on March 8, 2007 and close on June 24, 2007. There are rumors that it might then travel to other major museums around the world.

Make no mistake, this is a multi-million dollars exhibition taking place at a museum in Paris that is almost as important as Le Louvre. I do not recall that Disney art was ever exposed in such a prestigious venue in France in the past.

The basis for the concept of the exhibition is Robin Allan's book Disney and Europe that explores the European artists and European works that influenced Disney movies until The Jungle Book.

C'est magnifique, non?!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4371/2021/1600/Catalogue.jpg
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 04:32:16 PM by François »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2006, 04:32:05 PM »

Hi, Ginny!  Well...a decision has been made.  I'm going to accept the seller's "offer" of her paying the closing costs and I'll pay the full asking price.  It's in the perfect location and it has a garage and a few other things that add up to a deal that I probably can't beat. :)

So...unless my financing is a total bust, I'm going to buy a condo!  But I won't be moving just yet, so go ahead and send to my current address whatever you're going to send me! ;D Thanks in advance!!

DR George, that's great!  Congratulations.  How nice is the guest room?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »

Now t owatch BLACK PIT OF DR M!

Wasn't that filmed in your bedroom?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2006, 04:41:24 PM »

Ink isn't dry, but it looks like we've chosen the theater for this little kid's thing I'm directing in January.  It's The Colony Theatre in Burbank, and it's absolutely perfect for us.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2006, 04:59:03 PM »

And the word of the day is: TINCTORIAL!
Wendy just hated when Peter Pan's favorite pixie would decide to lecture her.  The "Tink-torials" always seemed colored with fairy prejudices.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2006, 05:06:40 PM »

For his fifteen-minute monologue, lighting designer Theron kept the ACTOR LIT IN an ever-mutating TINCTORIAL rainbow, changing as the mood of the piece shifted.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

[size=20]TOD[/size]

CD players - the cast recording of the 1974 Candide revisal.  I'm addicted.  I keep threatening to burst into "Glitter and Be Gay" while at work, but I'm afraid my basso would scare the customers.

DVD player - Season One of Desperate Housewives.  We just bought Season Two, but I've discovered I need to review the first season to remember where we left off.   :-\

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2006, 05:26:24 PM »

Well that may be so, but where is MINE?
Mine is where Grumpy, Sleepy, Doc and the others are working.

(There originally was an eighth dwarf, named Hathaway, but the other seven got fed up and threw him out for constantly ruining the rhythm of their song by singing "Heigh-ho, Steverino!")

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »

Relaxing until I leave for Mr. Wechter's poker partay.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »

And the word of the day is: TINCTORIAL!

Isn't that that damn Winslet / DiCaprio film?
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2006, 05:38:14 PM »

DR George, that's great!  Congratulations.  How nice is the guest room?

Thank you!!  It'll be very nice and ready whenever someone lets me know that they're on their way! ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2006, 05:48:12 PM »

Well it's raining around here, and Fletcher has decided to do his "piddly things" inside >:(

The other four, on the other hand, sallied forth when the wind blow open the front door. By the time I gathered up car keys, leashes and bicuits to go on a round up, they had had enough of Ernesto and came trotting back on in.

The most irritating thing is that because I had to take Woody to work, I was they last one thru the door when I returned - so I can't blame it on him for leaving it unlatched.

der Brucer

This did NOT prevent der B from teasingly trying to con me into thinking that I was the guilty party.  Unfortunately for him, I remembered too quickly that it was he, not I, that had been the last one out of the house when we left for the drive to work.

Chuckles were had by all.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2006, 05:49:31 PM »

Relaxing until I leave for Mr. Wechter's poker partay.
Remember, no dueling with the pokers!  Not only could someone get hurt, those things are covered with soot!

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

Hey what did you BB watchers think of last night's show?

(space in case you didn't watch yet)

I was disappointed that erika won pov since she is grating on my last nerve.

I was happy janelle won hoh. But what the heck was up with them letting her chat with will for so long. I wish that hadn't happened.

Anyhow the new hoh has already been named (won't name it here). BUt i think whoever wins pov will control the game. Should be interesting.

I was happy Erika won POV. I was disgusted Janelle won HOH. I think the producers have clearly favored her all season and I'm really sick of it. I hope anyone but Janelle wins.

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2006, 06:01:50 PM »

I am going to see THE ILLUSIONIST once TKAM gets open.

I have been remiss in saying that the information that DR GINNY sent me has been passed around, discussed, and enjoyed by the cast and staff.

AND the copy of the book that DR CILLALIZ had autographed by Ms. Mary Badham (Scout) to Putnam County Playhouse has a prominent spot in the lobby display case.

Glad to be able to get it for you. Hope everyone enjoys it being there

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2006, 06:05:37 PM »

Oyez! Oyez!

A major exhibition of Disney art, at least 70% of it never seen before, is about to start in Paris.

IL ÉTAIT UNE FOIS WALT DISNEY, Aux sources de l'art des studios Disney will open at Galeries nationales du Grand Palais Paris on September 16, 2006 and will last until January 15, 2007. It will then travel to Museum of Modern Art Montreal where it will open on March 8, 2007 and close on June 24, 2007. There are rumors that it might then travel to other major museums around the world.

Make no mistake, this is a multi-million dollars exhibition taking place at a museum in Paris that is almost as important as Le Louvre. I do not recall that Disney art was ever exposed in such a prestigious venue in France in the past.

Is this the same museum that houses the permanent Jerry Lewis Film Festival?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2006, 06:05:48 PM »

Hmmm... the Chorus Line posters...

Original Cast = tits!

Revival Cast = ass!

That'll fill up anyone's dance card.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up