Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LOVE  (Read 14994 times)

Cillaliz

Re:LOVE
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 08:28:28 AM »

TOD - Yikes!  That's as scary as bats in the house.  

There are people in my life I love very much. They are my friends and family.  I know there is love if we can have big disagreements or fights and then regain the closeness of our friendship (I'm not talking physical), not out of convenience, necessity or guilt, but because it's what we both really want.

I spent years wanting romantic love.  Romantic love may just be an illusion, but it's not such a bad illusion to believe in. I think I've seen glimpses of it from time to time in my life, but never really had it happen to me.  Guess it just isnt' meant to be this time around.    

I know little Boo loves me when she curls up around my neck and purrs in the middle of the night.....or is she just cold?   I choose to believe it's love.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 08:29:24 AM »

Dear Esteemed, puzzled, loved, vexed, and Abinitio-licious BK --

I'll be thinking of you around noon today and envying your adventure down to the street of Olvera.  I sure hope some of the food is still homemade and good!

And WOW ..... didn't you pose just about the most confusing, wonderful, baffling, rewarding, puzzling, and fulfilling topics that you possibly could !!?!???!!

I think anyone who says "...oh, I have love all figured out, and it is nice and easy and logical..." is full of beans!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 08:35:53 AM »

Woohoo I get to make one of the first posts. Can't sleep or think straight, but I'm still sittin at the computer tinkering around with shit. Hope everybody is doing well :)

Hi DR jh --  We will also hold good thoughts and vibes for your move here to the "Valley Of The Sun" as it is called.  Yea, like you wouldn't notice that there is sun, especially by around July and August when you roast your butt off here!  But it really is a good city, and with a fair number of things to do depending on what all you enjoy.  I've always been glad that we are a large enough population base to at least get the "A tour" companies of the touring shows.  Phoenix also has a pretty cool new main library building, some really good local and alternative theatre, and you can always go line-dancing with cowboys at Charlie's !

Say "hi" when you get here.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 08:53:42 AM »

Good morning!

It's a grand and beautiful day here after the gloom and damp of yesterday. The airport only recorded 1.5 inches of rain, but I sure could have sworn it would have been more.

Today, beautiful blue sky with puffy white clouds and moderate temperatures. The temps will be increasing throughout the weekend, but we get to keep our cool nights, and that makes me happy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 08:54:17 AM »

jhvw -- where in Phoenix are you going to live?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 08:55:37 AM »

It's been so long since I was "in love" with someone that it's actually kind of hard to remember the feeling. Much better for me, I think, to love my friends as my family and leave it at that.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 08:58:26 AM »

I know those of you who are SURVIVOR fans are thrilled about the season starting for you tonight.

As in past years, I won't be watching this season's competition. With MY NAME IS EARL/THE OFFICE on NBC and UGLY BETTY on ABC, and SMALLVILLE on CW, I have a full plate on Thursdays at 8 p.m.

But I look forward to reading about your feelings concerning the competition just like I'll look forward to comments about DANCING WITH THE STARS and other reality shows I don't watch. This forum is where I keep up with the happenings on those shows.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 09:02:43 AM »

Got to start some lunch preparation, and then on to a bunch of movies backing up on the DVR.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 09:03:01 AM »

And the word of the day is: ABINITIO!

Isn't that the name of a song from The Most Happy Fella??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 09:12:19 AM »

DANCING WITH STARS SPOILERS

let's just say there wasn't a vast right wing conspiracy.....Tucker is off the show and Jerry Springer is in total shock that he's still there.  

George

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 09:15:20 AM »

Finally, someone who didn't get the sympathy vote because of the judges' opinions! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 09:16:09 AM »

Time for work! :P

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »

I don't think the word "love" is overused...in fact, I don't believe it can ever be used too much.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 09:22:20 AM »

I am sad that I will not get to see Tucker Carlson get down.....oh well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 09:35:12 AM »

YES we need The Amazing Race....Yes!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2006, 09:40:36 AM »

They should have the little Gahagan girl start the race by lowing the checkered flag...that would be so cute.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2006, 09:49:31 AM »

They should have the little Gahagan girl start the race by lowing the checkered flag...that would be so cute.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   :P :P :P :P :P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2006, 10:03:02 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and I've been up since nine and already the day is a whirlwind.

I love all the thoughts on love so keep them coming so I can keep loving them.

The word abinitio was used in the lyric of a song - I recorded the song on an album.  What was the song, what was the album?

The first e-mail I opened this morning was from my publisher - it was a pdf of my galley.  I'm happy to say, it's perfect and as soon as Grant takes a quick look, we'll approve it.   Which means all that's left is to see the dust jacket proof and the softcover cover proof, approve those (hopefully sans fixes) and then we're good to go.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »

Howdy, Bruce! I'm back, I'm back. Staying at my sister Rikki's place until sunday - she is going outa town to do her annual Grape Stomp, and I'm taking care of her delicious little dawg.

Looking forward to our Read next Wednesday. Wanna get together at some point over the weekend to refrangulate whatever might need refrangulation before the peeps actually read-thru?

Love -- I think Falling In Love is something chemical, which comes and goes with hormone levels and music, etc. Loving is a decision. It is how some people manage to stay together forever ("or what's forever for?") and others decide it ain't worth it, and move on. True Love takes commitment and decision and some effort at overriding Ego and Being Right... Ya wanna be right? Ya wanna be "happy"? Yer choice, always. And when the going gets rough, and both parties experience the Crisis of Confidence at the same time, how strong is Resolve, how strong is the mutual vision of the Ideal, in order to get past the obstacles, and stay on the Path to the mutual goal... something like that. I have had the strange and difficult and glorious example of my parents to inspire me.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 10:24:20 AM »

My brother and I got my nephew settled in Santa Cruz yesterday. wow, how beautiful is the setting! Little RV Park, on a gorgeous lagoon, about a ten minute walk to a beautiful beach. I took the RV to have the propane tank filled and get air in the tires (my brother drove it up from LA on flat tires...). while they were at the University getting lots of stuff accomlished, I hooked up the sewer line and the electric and water. A neighbor watched me spazzing around and came by to help with the sewer line, and he lit the ilot for the hot water heater for me. Then i went to Trader Joe's and got groceries to take the kid through the next couple of days - just some staples: mayonnaise, peanut butter, a loaf of bread, some eggs, butter, frozen enchiladas and green beans, tea bags, stuff like that. And a house-warming gift of a bottle of his favorite libation - Johnny Walker, Black. And off he goes into this next phase of his life.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 10:27:07 AM »

I'm on my sister's new computer right now - wow! her son put together a wowie-zowie new system, replacing her ancient horror of cans and wires... so this thing is super fast, and wireless, to boot! Ergonomic keyboard, big flat screen, so excellent! I'm happy!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2006, 10:27:44 AM »

That is all. Have a good one - I'll check in later in the day.
PennyO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2006, 10:33:07 AM »

As much as I love Rodgers & Hammerstein and Mr Cole Porter....did anyone reach the emotional heights and sublime combination of lyrics and music of Rodgers & Hart?  :'(

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/cindfall.htm

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2006, 10:35:30 AM »

And then there are children's practical ideas on the TOD:

http://funnies.paco.to/fallingInLove.html

My favorite is:

Falling is love is like being in an avalanche where you have to run for your life.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:36:49 AM by JRand56 »

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »

And then there are children's practical ideas on the TOD:

http://funnies.paco.to/fallingInLove.html

My favorite is:

Falling is love is like being in an avalanche where you have to run for your life.  ;D

These are my favorites:

"I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when 'Dinosaurs' is on television."
Jill, age 6

"I'm not rushing into being in love. I'm finding fourth grade hard enough."
Regina, age 10

and "How can I love Thee When You're Always Picking Your Nose"

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:50:13 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2006, 10:51:20 AM »

You know, I really liked the show "Dinosaurs"  I hadn't thought about that one in a while

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2006, 10:57:04 AM »

You know, I really liked the show "Dinosaurs"  I hadn't thought about that one in a while

Love and dinosaurs don't mix.....that's fer shur!  8)

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2006, 11:10:01 AM »

Love and dinosaurs don't mix.....that's fer shur!  8)

Depends on who you're calling a dinosaur ;)

George

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2006, 11:11:32 AM »

Well, my loan application/information has been faxed!  Now, all I have to do is wait for things to be done by other people and then on October 2nd, I'll be a condo owner!![/i] ;D

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:12:45 AM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »

PennyO - yes, we should get together prior to the reading - we still have to integrate the new little song that runs throughout the show, plus fix some other minor stuff.

Back from Terry Trotter's, where I heard some more wonderful music issue forth from his amazing fingers playing the ivories, and then I had a nice jog.  It's gray out, nice and cool, and even a teeny bit drizzly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up