News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LOVE  (Read 14881 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LOVE
« on: September 14, 2006, 12:17:34 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were filled with love sweet love, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're not feeling loved and they will not budge.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 12:22:17 AM by bk »

jhvw

Re:LOVE
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 12:19:53 AM »

Woohoo I get to make one of the first posts. Can't sleep or think straight, but I'm still sittin at the computer tinkering around with shit. Hope everybody is doing well :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 12:20:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: ABINITIO!

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 12:21:48 AM »

Congratulations on your decision making DR jhvw.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 12:23:29 AM »

Word of the Day.  I think DR MBarnum has some of their recordings. Great Group.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

jhvw

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 12:36:16 AM »

Thank you Tomovz for your good wishes. It wasn't an easy one to make but I need out of here and start somewhere fresh. I got friends to live with in Phoenix and there is sure alot more to do down there than up here. At least they have an art musem. I'm excited and scared at the same time. It's going to be quite an adventure.

jhvw

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 12:47:58 AM »

I don't know if I can comment about love right now. My concept and definition of what love means and what comes along with it is all screwed up. Unfortunately, I'm kinda in a place when I have to break up with my lover just to better myself, I think I love him, but I won't really know for sure until he's gone. Love is a strange thing...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 04:01:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: ABINITIO!
For starters, it's Latin, and it's two words - ab initio.

And there's too many vowels for me to even think of an anagram, unless I try something like A BIO IN IT, but it's too late for me to come up with a sentence using that and the word of the day, not even if I take it from the top.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 04:05:55 AM »

Buster loves me.  He really does.  I know it because I can see it in his eyes.  Sure, it's puppy love, but it counts.

Either that, or he's just got these really great-looking eyes.

In any case, I'm really glad Buster is part of my life.

Besides, he's a lot more fun to pet than der Brucer.

Sorry, der B, that's just the way it is.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 04:17:34 AM »

Love

I certainly distinguish between "loving" and "being in love". Each is wonderful.

If you need to ask if you're in love, you're not!

That "being in love" mixture of passion, tenderness, excitement, suddenly feeling more for someone else's happiness than for your own is magical.  Maybe it's different for each of us. I know it's not just lust!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 04:21:44 AM »

Love as an overused term. I guess we all use it to mean different things at times.  Saying "I love you" is not however the same as loving ice cream, loving the last Sondheim score and loving your favourite TV show. I doubt anyone thinks so. We are just lazy in our choice of words.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 04:40:21 AM »

Morning all!

Dear TomovOz I bet your getting really excited about your trip!  I just wish I could have made it up to me you and Colin.  I hope you both have a blast!

DR Elmore, I miss you too.  Give everyone a hug for me when you see them.

I had to go for bloodwork yesterday.  Nothing bad just the yearly check up.  I didn't make it to the vet last night like I planned.  It was drizzle raining and to be quite honest, I was just to tired to deal with it.  We will go on Friday evening.  

I think I may have taken care of problem.  I gave the two a dose of an over the counter wormer and I haven't seen them any more.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 04:40:59 AM »

Errr, by not seeing "them" I meant the worms--not the dogs!  LOL!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 04:45:50 AM »

Hello Danise.  I'm beginning to realise it is really happening!
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 04:58:13 AM »

I know how that feels!  :)

Love.  I've never really known it in the romance way.  Only as in love for my mother, my father,  my animals, my friends.  I was so desperate back in my 30's thinking that I would never find the one I'd spend my life with,  I would have fell over myself if anyone had showed  the least bit of interest.  Once I hit my 40's and realized it never was going to happen and I needed to face understand that it never will happen, I got over it.    I'm ok with it now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 05:00:45 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 05:01:39 AM »

And on that cheery note, I have to go!  Have a wonderful day all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 05:04:19 AM »

Goodnight all. Good morning.
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 05:09:04 AM »

Good Morning all. I am back after a day away. I, too, have a package from Kritzerland. I will listen to it this morning. I have much to do at work so I will leave you all now.

Later!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 05:20:47 AM »

People come and go so quickly here!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 05:36:15 AM »

Love needs a recipe.

You know, so we can "make love."

Or, like, we can use the word "love" instead of "like," like, all the time!

(Wait a sec, that makes that last sentence translate into "Or, love, we can use the word "love" instead of "love", love, all the time," which doesn't make sense unless you're trying to sound like Michael Caine in Alfie.)

Michael

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 05:51:31 AM »

Suspected Montreal gunman called himself 'Angel of Death'()

I  don't know if anyone heard about the mass killing in Montreal yesterday. Very sad. Dawson College 20 students were shot and one has passed. The shooter was either shot by the police after he took aim at the them or he shot himself. (Conflicting reports)

He was part of the goth sub culture. He wrote on a blog that he was depressed (took quizes). I am sure a lot more will come out.

My parent's home is one block from the school and the whole area was shut down to traffic. The subway was also shut down as one of the station is built underneath. The whole area is a busy residential business area. All very sad. It is connected to a large shopping, business and residential area called Alexis Nihon Plaza which was shut down

The killer was a time bomb waiting to go off. I have a link to the article written in Globe and mail (National Paper) The Montreal Gazette, yahoo

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/

Gazette
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/index.html

yahoo for a different view
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060914/ap_on_re_ca/canada_college_shooting
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 05:53:20 AM »

My mother called me early this morning to tell me more about it. Of course she express worries about my upcoming trip.

The truth is violence can happen anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Just pray one is not there when it happens.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 05:53:56 AM »

8 days to go
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 07:36:51 AM »

Good morning, all!  DR Danise, I hope to see you in Manhattan soon.  If your ears burn in early October, you'll know we're talking about how much we miss you.

I wasn't back till quite late, then I watched the taped PROJECT RUNWAY and went to bed.  I slept in and I have to be at a sound check in an hour.  We run the show this afternoon and open tonight.  I love the show, but I'm afraid it will not be a solid first performance.  I hope I am wrong because I'd love to see good things happen with his piece.

TOD:  I just used the word love, as in "care deeply."  As to other definitions of the word, I've been communicating with a friend over the word's  deceptive qualities in human relationships, not to mention our desire to know we are loved and to be loved by others.  It is, to me, the most terrifying word in the vocabulary
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 08:01:46 AM »

Terrible news from Montreal yesterday.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 08:02:18 AM »

Cute puppies, DRJANE.

DRJHVW is on the move!  DRGEORGE is getting a top loader!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 08:03:46 AM »

I too was appalled by the turn of events on Pwoject Wunway - BUT it turned out for the best....not thrilled with the elimination, but it had been coming for awhile...and SOMEONE has to go at this point in the competition.

Of those left.....hmmmmmm.....I don't know who I would send away.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 08:04:37 AM »

MR BK is going to be one of the STARS at the Beverly Garland this weekend!  Perhaps he can post some photos of all the luminaries - some whose brightness may have dimmed over the years, but who still shine brightly for some of us!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »

Rained yesterday.....cloudy today.

Con love - I know nada.

Cillaliz

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 08:14:50 AM »

Good morning all.  I was hoping for a quiet office day, which it will be for the most part, but the other attorney is still home with the stomach flu, so I'm covering more hearings today.  I don't mind doing that, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up