Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SHAKE, RATTLE, AND ROLL  (Read 16871 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SHAKE, RATTLE, AND ROLL
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:15:31 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes have caused you to shake, rattle, and roll, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're playing a little gin rummy and will be home soon.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 12:20:29 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SHAKE, RATTLE, AND ROLL
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 12:16:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: FELDSPAR!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:42:04 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I have no freakin' idea. ::)

;) Growing up, my dad had some compilation albums that had hits of the fifties and sixties, so I can't say when I first heard them or what they were.  

As for favorites, I'll have to think about that.  There are a lot of early rock-and-roll songs that I like, but I can't remember specific ones that stand out. :-\

« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 12:43:07 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 12:45:44 AM »

And A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR ELMORE (aka LARRY)!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 12:57:03 AM »

And just because I can't remember if we've ever had one:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE ONE DANCE!![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;)[/move]

George

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:58:14 AM »

I wanted to post an animated dance .gif, but the one I had chosen was more than 200 KB. :(

George

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 12:59:49 AM »

And on that note (D#), good night!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 01:01:57 AM »

Happiest of happy birthdays to fellow Virgo, DR ELMORE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 01:02:15 AM »

Vibes for friend of DR TOMovOZ....Peter....and his family!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 01:03:44 AM »

Yes, DR MATTH - I have seen Miss Carroll Baker's movie debut in EASY TO LOVE....she talks about it less than fondly in her autobiography...including some rather rude comments made to her by Ms Esther Williams.

Carroll also mentions that her sister who was appearing in a Water Show at Cypress Gardens, was one of the extras in a couple of the BIG numbers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 01:05:43 AM »

Raining here raining raining raining.....

TAR is back and back on track!  What a terrific opening show.  I have a few favorites among the teams....but we shall see what next week brings.  Really enjoyed seeing the Chinese scenery.

I ordered the FAMILY dvd that has the six first season shows and the 22 second season shows.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 01:09:24 AM »

"See Ya Later, Alligator" is the first r/r song I remember.  And a couple of early Elvis songs "Hound Dog" and "Don't Be Cruel" are also memories.

I was 5 years old when James Dean died in his car crash, and I remember a song that played A LOT on the radio about him....or at least someone named Jimmy who had died....but I think the song was about a motorcycle wreck...  Fuzzy memories....  I remember being shocked to see Jimmy Dean singing on television the next week.  Didn't get that straight for a long time.

TOM JONES was released in 1963....I watched it tonight.  For some reason I have avoided it ALL these years.  And for some reason, I thought it was in b/w.....but NO there it was in glorious color.  Albert Finney was almost impossibly handsome.

Danise

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 04:39:18 AM »

A very good morning to all!  I am so far behind on everything that it isn't even funny.  And now I find that somehow I'm off by two days for our dear Elmores birthday!

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to our Dear Larry!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 04:42:55 AM »

BK:

According to the Calendar, Larry's birthday is tomorrow, not today.  I checked just because I wanted to see his age--how naughty of me!  Of course the Calendar also says that Dear Reader DearReaderLaura will be 106 on Thursday, so I'm not sure it can be trusted.

Anyway, just in case,

and many happy returns!  (Oh, a The Prisoner reference!)
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Danise

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 04:45:06 AM »

We had the "new" fridge and "new" washer delivered on Saturday and what a trip that was.  They had to take the front door off it's hinges to get the fridge in and the guy still managed to get one of his fingers caught in the frame.  Then he caught his elbow on the screen door.

Add to that the dogs were barking like crazy (outside) and I had one heck of headache by the time it was all over.  And now it seems it was all for nothing because the fridge isn't getting cold (not below 50 degrees) and the washer is leaking all over the floor.  Sigh.  I have to call the place this morning and have them come out and take the stuff away but it will have to wait until the weekend again.  So I'm no better off then I was last week--worse because I have to keep a towel by the washer and by the time the weekend rolls around who know how much damage my floor will have.  Sigh.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 04:47:19 AM »

106!  Well that would be something to celebrate!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 04:50:42 AM »

I know that I'm really behind on things so I want to send vibes out to all that need them.

I'm hoping that Tom and Colin have a really wonderful time on their trip!  Safe travel vibes--I am pea green with envy that I can't be there as well.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 04:51:07 AM »

Almost to work--gotta run.  Have a wonderful day all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 05:19:56 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]HAPPY[/size][/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]BIRTHDAY[/size][/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]LARRY[/size][/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 05:22:53 AM »

VIBES TO  DR TOMOVOZ'S FRIEND PETER AND HIS FAMILY. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 05:24:39 AM »

Happy birthday DR Elmore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 05:25:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: FELDSPAR!
The RED FLAPS on the wings of Orville's model airplane were made of FELDSPAR, the wings themselves were made of marble, and the fusilage was made of granite.  The model wasn't designed to actually fly, of course, but that didn't keep Orville's kid brother Wilbur from trying.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 05:25:59 AM »

Since Larry's birthday is actually tomorrow (September 19th) I'll wait to offer wishes   ;D

Tho one cannot have enough pre-Birthday wishes so I will say:

Happy Pre-Birthday Wishes to our honey of an orchestrator, Mr. Larry Moore!!! He's the only man I know who puts honey in his coffee (oops, am I giving away trade secrets ;))

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 05:31:12 AM »

TOD:

I don't know what the first rock and roll tune I ever heard was.

I do know what the first novelty song I remember hearing was.  It was The Itsy-Bitsy Teeny-Weeny Yellow Polka-Dog Bikini, and I remember hearing it on Main Street at Disneyland, of all places, outside the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor.

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 05:31:52 AM »

Comments re: last night's TAR.

I also really loved last night's show.  I have a few favorites and some that i'm not liking.

I cannot wait to see who everyone else's favorites are.

The 2 eliminations were a surprise.  I'm sure the producers could not have been thrilled that the eliminated teams were the indian couple and the muslims. But i didn't mind that much. It would have been interesting to how the muslims adapted their prayers to the race. But i honestly don't think either of these teams had winning potential. They were not competitive. And to me it almost seemed like the show just wanted to have diversity without making sure the teams could do well.

I like the model/drug addicts. I think they have a lot of potential.

I really liked the team with the girl with the disability. I didn't mind that she pre-boarded the plane. BUt i was a bit offput by her telling the cab she had an emergency.  BUt i like them a lot. And thought it was slightly crazy that they made her climb that rope.

I am wondering what others thought of that rope. It was interesting to make people do one physical thing to finish the task. A lot of people struggled. But would they ever have a task the girl with the leg could not do?

Here are the teams who turned me off:

The black women.

The father/daughter.

The guy who yells at his girlfriend.

Here are the teams who i like:

The korean guys (or whatever they were). But they need to pick it up big  time.

I also thought the miss americas (or whatever pageant they were from) were quite fit. They could do well.

As for the other teams the cheerleaders did well. I think the gay couple will have trouble.

And OMG that team from kentucky (alabama?), the hicksters. So funny watching them. Why do i think this will be DR MBarnum's new favorite? :)

Michael

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 05:48:36 AM »

FOR GEORGE:

PAGE ONE DANCE
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 05:49:14 AM »

And for me.......

4 DAYS TO GO
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 05:59:13 AM »

It's never too early to celebrate Larry's birthday.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 06:03:37 AM »

Good morning, all!  The birthday problem is my fault!  I mentioned the wonderful dinner with DR FJL and Skip, and tomorrow, Sept 19, I turn the BIG 6-0!  Just as I always think my ever-young friend BK is a year behind me in age (and isn't!), I'm sure that my dear friend's preoccupation with his hectic schedule and amount of work to prepare for the events coming up, not to mention hosting the continuous birthday and unbirthday party on this site, mistook the calendar date.  I couldn't be happier since I get two days for the price of one.

At any rate, there can never be too many birthday wishes.  And I thank you for them all!  My day today should be pleasant:  some IRS work for my accountant, then a 1:00 matinee of The Singing Nun, followed by a pleasant late and afternoon exploring uncharted waters familiarly known as "The Brain from Planet X."  Now that we've lost Pluto, we need a new planet and X is fine with me.

TOD:  Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog" is my first real memory, but I have no feeling for the chronology of such songs as "Chantilly Lace," and the Buddy Holly songs I loved.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 06:03:41 AM »

May you boogie with a  Carmen of your choice.

Happy Birthday DR ELMORE
[/size]
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up