Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW YORK ADVENTURE  (Read 20917 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
NEW YORK ADVENTURE
« on: September 25, 2006, 09:43:22 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were an adventure, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're having a Moo York Adventure.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 09:41:49 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:NEW YORK ADVENTURE
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »

And the word of the day is: OPPROBRIUM!

Cillaliz

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 09:50:57 PM »

WOW~ I've never been the first to post after BK

Cillaliz

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 09:52:36 PM »

Too bad I don't have anything to say execpt good night.  I need to get some rest so I can go to work in the morning. Much to do before I get to leave on a jet plane. Night all.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 10:05:21 PM »

Good Evening!

Another uneventful train ride back down to DC... :)

*Although the guy who was in front of me fell asleep almost as soon as he had taken his seat... And, of course, he started snoring... Loudly... Loud enough that most everyone in the car got a case of the giggles now and then.  Thankfully, I had my iPod Shuffle and earphones with me.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 10:07:24 PM »

bk - As for your search for shoes...  Well, if you do want decent running shoes, then they're gonna run you at least $90.  Most brands make "lower" models, but I've found that making an investment is a good one.  -But even some of the "cheaper" running shoes will still run you at least $50.  -When was the last time you bought shoes?  However, as long as your not into long-distance runs - five plus miles each time - you should be fine with cross-trainers.  They tend to be cheaper, plus they provide just a bit more stability for your feet.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:13:09 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 10:10:27 PM »

Hmm... What's the deal with the some of our newest members/users/Dear Readers? Well, at least their names.  Hmm..

???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 10:11:59 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day... Hmm...

I really will need to sleep on this one...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 10:14:02 PM »

For some reason I can't read tomorrow's notes.  What is wrong with that sentence?  I am sure I will be told that it has something to do with eating cookies, or having cookies, or something.

Oh well, I am off to bed.  I will try something different, and read tomorrow's notes -- tomorrow!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 10:15:24 PM »

As for tomorrow's T.O.D.... I haven't a clue because I can't get into the f%##^%$ notes!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:15:50 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 10:58:36 PM »

now, now TCB!!! I had no trouble dear sir!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 11:13:10 PM »

Oh...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 11:22:35 PM »

FROM TODAY'S NOTES:

I was flipping around the TV dial and came upon a how entitled Conversations with Michael Eisner on CNBC.

I'm sure bk meant "howl" and not "how".

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 11:27:04 PM »

Picture of the Day
GENTLEMAN WITH CRABS

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 11:27:56 PM »

Totally disgusted with the oversight from mindless cretins in LA.... Shame on them!! Deceit is a stunning piece of work!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 11:32:50 PM »

Food Item for the Day:

How to pack a box lunch for 11,500
Participants will be chomping down on a bulgur wheat chicken salad, with a side of green beans served in extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt, grapes, an oatmeal bar and pita triangles.

Here's a breakdown of what went into the making of the meal:

3,800 pounds of bulgur wheat salad
4,250 pounds of grilled chicken
2,150 pounds of green beans
3,000 pounds of red grapes
15,000 bottles of water
36 gallons of extra virgin olive oil

Maria Shriver has asked the caterer and convention center manager SMG to be as "green as possible," meaning most items are compostable, and she also wanted the meal to be healthy, according to SMG managers.

Definitely a "healthy" meal - unless you were a chicken

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 11:36:02 PM »

I hearby present the CONNie awards... yes, We care among Matt's fans and we hereby present these humble awards...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 11:38:06 PM »

and for the next category.... It was a toughie but you can see who won...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 11:39:50 PM »

and the every highly competitive acting categories for theatrical productions...

DERBRUCER

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 12:04:05 AM »

and the every highly competitive acting categories for theatrical productions...

Is that your bedroom wallpaper in the background?

der Brucer ::)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 12:07:26 AM »

no..... It is actually a stock photo I have on a cd of different graphics...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 12:08:19 AM »

However I do have Matt and Missy gracing my desktop....

the pic is too big to post here and other would not be happy if I STRETCHED out the board.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »

Poughkeepsie Journal

Fentress to stay in secure mental hospital

A former Poughkeepsie schoolteacher who killed and cannibalized a teenager in 1979 must remain in a secure mental hospital for at least two more years.

That was the gist of a decision issued Monday by state Supreme Court Judge James Catterson in the case of 64-year-old Albert Fentress, who is being held at Mid-Hudson Psychiatric Center in Goshen, Orange County.

Fentress, who was a history teacher at Poughkeepsie Middle School, admitted luring 18-year-old Paul Masters, of the Town of Poughkeepsie, into his home on Aug. 19, 1979. He then threatened Masters with a gun, tied him up in his basement and sexually mutilated him before eating some of his body parts. He then shot Masters in the head.

Fentress was found not responsible for the crime by reason of insanity and has been living in mental hospitals ever since. Under state law, he is eligible for release every two years unless a judge decides he is still dangerously mentally ill.

One hopes the judge did not spend much time deliberating!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 12:18:56 AM »

However I do have Matt and Missy gracing my desktop....

the pic is too big to post here and other would not be happy if I STRETCHED out the board.

Send it to me at geordiemc@aol.com and I can re-size it for you.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 12:19:06 AM »

I agree... Sick!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 12:26:53 AM »

I reduced it from its original size... It was taken in 1988 but I am uncertain of the whole story behind it. It is part of the Matt-Missylore we do not know....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 12:29:27 AM »

Part of the reason for hte lore... If the picture was taken in 1988 and the character did not get this office until mid 1989... What is the story with the picture...

The picture was released in 1988.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 12:31:42 AM »

Anotehr mystery... from the shows I have of him, he only used Matthew N. Ashford on ABC...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 04:24:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: OPPROBRIUM!
I do not have a decent anagram for a sentence using the word OPPROBRIUM.  How shameful!   :'(
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 06:05:37 AM »

Good morning, all!  I am thrilled that things are going so well on STARFIGHTER for our BK.  I wanted him two years ago for WHERE'S CHARLEY? but some things were not to be.  I'm sure that a lot of New Yawkers will be impressed by Mr Kimmel's way with a line, a lyric, and a melody.

DR TCB, Beth Fowler is playing the Lillian Gish role, Rachel Cooper; here's the site for cast and crew info:
http://nymf.org/index.php?module=ShowManager&func=display&sid=322

Nurse Jane, the puppy is adorable!  Now, what do you want to do with the DROWSY CHAPERONE tickets?

TOD:
   THE MUSIC MAN
   AUNTIE MAME
   TOM JONES
   VAN HELSING (perfectly god-awful)
   THE MALTESE FALCON
   DOUBLE INDEMNITY
   SENSE AND SENSIBILITY

3 to go!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up