Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW YORK ADVENTURE  (Read 20868 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:NEW YORK ADVENTURE
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2006, 08:30:58 PM »

HOUSE had an intriguing case trying to diagnose a child with Autism. That was fascinating (as was the revelation at the end), but House's stubborn insistence on his original carpet really irritated me even more than it irritated Cuddy. I guess Wilson's explanation of his actions should have made me rethink my objection, but it was still distracting me from the case.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2006, 08:33:36 PM »

Page 7 Hades and Meg Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2006, 08:36:19 PM »

LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT had an overly familiar story of teacher and student committing a crime together.

Logan's new partner is another refugee from Dick Wolf's last series CONVICTED, and though she was painted as a highly skilled and street tough woman, she just seemed way too young to be believed. Maybe it was the freckles. At any rate, I prefer the Goren/Eames team now to this one.

Matt H.

« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »

NIP/TUCK had a typically outrageous episode. The organ robbery was pretty eye-opening, and I thought we might have more of that story, but it was over in a quarter hour, and on to the next infidelity with Sean and Christian each participating. Lots of guest stars this week including Sarah Gilbert, Jacqueline Bissett, and Larry Hagman.

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2006, 08:39:44 PM »

And I'll have HELP ME, HELP YOU, BOSTON LEGAL, and LAW & ORDER: SVU to watch tomorrow.

Craig Bierko joined BOSTON LEGAL as a regular tonight. I'll look forward to seeing that episode tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2006, 08:44:07 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2006, 08:47:44 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I met my mother's grand-niece, and they all enjoyed the show tonight too.

And that's about it for now.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2006, 08:55:54 PM »

Back from a nice rehearsal.  My voice help up okay, although again we ran the same thing several times full-out - I realize now that for tomorrow and Thursday I'm not going to do that anymore.  I'll do it once full-out then mark if we end up doing it again and again.  But, I think this will get easier as we start putting the thing on its feet.  I'm going in a half-hour earlier than planned to run my solos - which I won't do full out.  It's a longer rehearsal tomorrow night - till ten.  I probably will come directly back to the hotel instead of dining.  Tonight, after rehearsal, I dined with Skip and Fred - we went to a Mexican place called Chevy's and I ate like I had never eaten before - tons of chips, plus guacamole, an enchilada and a taco.  I did walk quite a bit today, so hopefully I will not gain.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »

THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER played really well tonight, the band played beautifully, and the production was quite moving.  Beth Fowler was really wonderful, but there were lots of great character actors  - Gordon Weiss, Mary Strout, Gerry Vichi, Ellen Harvey, and Tina Johnson, whom I've known since her days in THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE - all giving excellent performances.  The audience seemed enthusiastic, and I saw lots of friends in the house: Ned Ginsburg, Peter Filichia, Douglas Coen.  I am really honored to have been a part of three shows in the Festival.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2006, 09:11:42 PM »

The ballet is so wonderfully surreal in Dr. T.  And to think that it's in a kid's film.  In fact, the whole film is daffily surreal, yet elegantly simple...Could you see a studio trying to make this film today?  First, they'd talked down to the kids and then add fart jokes and just generally making louder, larger, and dumber.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up