Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A HARD DAY'S NOTES  (Read 17437 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A HARD DAY'S NOTES
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 07:36:21 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Shall get my bearings and then do my walk, if my poor feet can take it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 07:52:13 AM »

Good morning!

Another in a string of beautiful days here. We didn't get the rain they forecast, and today the sky is cloudless here. Temps still in the 60s during the morning make for a perfect day. (High back upto 80 later. Ugh!)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 07:54:57 AM »

I'm not sure I agree about Rosie being the worst looking in high definition, though I'm not sure I've ever SEEN her in high definition. I don't watch THE VIEW on any regular basis, and the last time I did, it wasn't in HD. Perhaps they've switched over recently.

I really think David Caruso looks awful on CSI: MIAMI. His face looks ashen compared to the glowing counternances of his fellow actors, and the HD camera spares us not a single wrinkles, line, or freckle. I'm not sure he wears any make-up either, which also gives us a "what you see is what you get" picture.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 07:58:08 AM »

SMALLVILLE and SUPERNATURAL begin their new seasons tonight as does the new show UGLY BETTY.

[sigh] Three more hours to be be recorded and watched with great anticipation. In fact, I'll probably watch UGLY BETTY and record MY NAME IS EARL/THE OFFICE so I'll have them for replay later since they're usually so good that I want to experience them a second time.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 08:05:54 AM »

I would immediately put OKLAHOMA! and CAROUSEL on the list for Tony Awards since they both pre-dated the Tonys and you just can't get much better than either of them. I'd add WEST SIDE STORY to the list and GYPSY, neither of which won the Tony the year of eligibility.

I'd also put FOLLIES there though many wouldn't call it perfect. When I saw it at the Winter Garden, "perfect" wasn't a strong enough word to give to my evening.

I'd add INTO THE WOODS here and RAGTIME.

As for plays, I'd put two of Tennessee Williams' classics that didn't win TOnys: A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE and CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF. I'd put PICNIC there, too.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 08:16:11 AM »

Hello Everyone!

You can not say I did not warn you about the spamming....

I need to find a 5-10 minute movie clip that is inspiring or full of meaning or that I just plain like, and I have one week to do it. I thought that this would be a good opportunity to see some new movies that I have missed out on in the last 90 years. Any reccomendations of must see movies with one really good scene?

Im off to school in about 10 minutes!! I have 2 acting classes today YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYYAYA YAYAYAYAY
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 08:22:34 AM »

I concur, Oklahoma should most definatly win a plethora of Tonys! ;)
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 08:23:49 AM »

I'm not sure if anyone answered this. But read below for the eliminated contestant on last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS.

Willa ford who had been in the bottom the last 2 weeks was the first one safe.  The bottom 2 were: jerrry springer and harry hamlin, with harry going.  As i said yesterday, I liked him but he was not that strong. In fact i'd say jerry is by far the weakest and then sara followed by harry. Although sara seems very popular.

I think the strongest are mario and joey for the men. And then willa, and vivica and monique for the women.

Btw, DR Cillaliz that was funny that i wrote marion when i meant i voted for mario!

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »

I'm having lunch with best friend John today, and we're going to a restaurant which is closing its doors this weekend after 34 years - The Athens Restaurant. The property was owned by the city's community college, and they need the lot for parking, so after this weekend, it will be history. Having done many shows at that college, we ate many late night meals there. This will be a last hurrah.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 08:26:04 AM »

Well DR DakotaCelt, the new season of NIP/TUCK has not started here yet. But i must say i love the show.  It is intriguing and really good. I don't know if the show would appeal to you, but i'm sure one clip cannot really do it justice.  

Oh and i love the guy who plays christian (julian). He was on CHARMED and i loved him there too!

Adriana Patti

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 08:28:14 AM »

I had to stop watching dancing with the stars last night because of the scissor sisters....
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 08:30:39 AM »

I was devoted to the first season of nip/tuck, and they lost me by the third...It became too soap opera for my liking. Still good acting though!
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 08:31:34 AM »

OFF TO SCHOOL GOOD BYE! ONE MORE SPAM B4 I LEAVE!!!!

You can not say I did not warn you about the spamming....

I need to find a 5-10 minute movie clip that is inspiring or full of meaning or that I just plain like, and I have one week to do it. I thought that this would be a good opportunity to see some new movies that I have missed out on in the last 90 years. Any reccomendations of must see movies with one really good scene?

-Thomas Edison

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 08:45:51 AM »

DR Edisaurus seems a wonderful additon to the group I hope to get to know her better!

Awwww...thanks! I wish I could get to know you better too! Like right now! In NY!!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 08:47:04 AM »

Awwww...thanks! I wish I could get to know you better too! Like right now! In NY!!!

Can you make it a week from today for the Fifth Avenue tour DR Jose is planning for us?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2006, 08:49:56 AM »

OFF TO SCHOOL GOOD BYE! ONE MORE SPAM B4 I LEAVE!!!!

I'd recommend "Coming Home"---a scene towards the end where a group of high school students have just listened to a pitch by someone from the armed services (you don't hear what he had to say but you don't need to, he was obviously there to recruit).  Then Jon Voigt talks to the students about his experiences at Vietnam...I'm always blown away by the power of this scene.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 08:58:29 AM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2006, 08:52:24 AM »

Thursday.  I am sneezing.  Whew!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2006, 08:56:09 AM »

Can you make it a week from today for the Fifth Avenue tour DR Jose is planning for us?

If there was any way to escape the stifling grasp of "The Closer", I would be there in a hearbeat!

I'm doing spots today for the re-airing of the season, which starts December 5th. Had I only discovered this group a few weeks earlier...  ĦQue lastima!

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006, 09:07:20 AM »

If there was any way to escape the stifling grasp of "The Closer", I would be there in a hearbeat!

I'm doing spots today for the re-airing of the season, which starts December 5th. Had I only discovered this group a few weeks earlier...  ĦQue lastima!

Typically, I'm behind on TV series viewing.  I just put myself on the request list at the library where I work for Season 1 of The Closer.  We have 6 or 7 copies in the system and I'm #24 on the list.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 09:07:38 AM »

JUSTICE has not been cancelled.....that's what I get for just reading headlines and NOT the articles!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 09:11:25 AM »

Back from my two mile walk and am having some nice hot tea.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

...I ended up falling asleep last night on the couch here...  Alas, the couch is not as comfortable as I keep thinking it is.  So, when I got up around 7:30, I headed to the bedroom and got a few more hours of sleep... However, I'm pretty sure some gentle stretching is in my near future.  In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2006, 09:28:28 AM »

Hot tea.....it sounds like a dance number, doesn't it?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 09:29:55 AM »

Well, I do have a couple of things I need to take care of this afternoon, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 09:54:11 AM »

Dakota posted:

I was considering changing mine also but not sure what I want for mine...

Should I trim-up this Celtic Warrior for you?

der Brucer

Either that or the Mythical Dierdra from the Lady in the laKe legend from Ireland who has flowing hair or a Mermaid from the legend of the seal cloak.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2006, 09:57:28 AM »

Back at work, tra...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2006, 10:21:59 AM »

Hello, DR Adriana!
Nice to see you here! Re good movies, that was the TOD two days ago (New York Adventure). If you browse the posts you'll get lots of good recommendations for flicks to put on your MUST-SEE list.
Hope school is going well!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2006, 10:25:16 AM »

Back at work, tra...

Heigh ho heigh ho.  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2006, 10:26:38 AM »

Hmmm perfect plays or musicals....

The oft mentioned lately THE MIRACLE WORKER.

LIL ABNER and THE PAJAMA GAME are so much fun, although PG lags a bit in the second act....

I guess my most perfect movie would be LOST HORIZON, casting, settings, music, and story....  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2006, 10:28:09 AM »

And I think I forgot to put it in my list the other day!

I am not unhappy with the results of PWOJECT WUNWAY and look forward to the Renunion Show and the Fashion Week resolution....BUT I am still appalled that Angela and Keith BOTH think they have ANY talent for designing clothes....or personal style....or anything!  Sometimes even when it is put in front of them.....some people don't get it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up