Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT!  (Read 18649 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT!
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2006, 11:41:42 AM »

Adding to the fun was spotting Daniel Evans in the cast, as astroscientist Danny Llewellyn.  And yes, everyone here should know who Daniel Evans is.  He's the George on the London Cast Recording of Sunday In the Park with George.  This ep of DW was filmed in the summer of 2005, just before Evans took on playing George.  Too bad the character of Llewellyn was killed, but that happens a lot in DW.

I'm confused?  Why should everyone here know Daniel Evans?  Hopefully not just because of the London Cast Recording of SUNDAY IN THE PARK...  I have never heard it and I doubt I ever will.  Has he done other things I should know about?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2006, 11:41:54 AM »

And now I'm off to pick up my dry cleaning, fetch some luggage from my parents' house, see my niece for a bit, and then dinner with a friend... and possibly the opera tonight... We'll see..

Continued Broken Legs to the The Last Starfighter crew!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2006, 11:43:27 AM »

Tuesday night with DH Richard and me?  Wednesday night with DRs Cillaliz and jhvw?

Right now, my plan is to watch it from the house one night, and sit in the pit the other.  Still working out details.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2006, 11:53:21 AM »

Did I spy Ben at today's show?  I didn't see him afterwards, so maybe it was a lookalike.

I guess I have a doppleganger. I wasn't at the show nor will I be at the 5:30 show. I'm at the office right now. I've been here since 6am and will be here until 5pm (11 hours of overtime pay at time and a half for over time, that comes to ... hmmm sounds like a musical to me).

I won't be able to see Starfighter. I'm disappointed but I will be at Joe Allen's this evening. If I fall asleep over my Caesar salad someone please take the anchovies out of my mouth  ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2006, 11:57:49 AM »

Has anyone heard from DR Tomovoz?  Weren't he and Colin due in the Seattle area this weekend?

Next weekend.  THE OZ COUPLE hit Seattle on October 6.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2006, 12:01:55 PM »

You have a twin, dear reader Ben - I could have sworn it was you.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2006, 12:04:11 PM »

So sorry I won't be at Starfighter nor at the dinner this evening.  :( But I hope the emergency room at the nearest hospital will be working overtime on all the boken legs.  

Joe is flying back from St. Croix today.  He extended his stay for three days, he liked it so much!  His flight gets in at JFK at 18:55, and I'll be there with bells on.   :D

We have already made reservations to stay at the same place during my break in January, which is of course the high season for the Carribean.  The poeple are awfully friendly, even if he stayed on the economically depressed side of the island rather than the rich tourist side.

And guess what has been going through my head all day?  "Love Is Like Water", that's what.

Now where did I put those darn bells?
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2006, 12:14:09 PM »

Here's something I did recently. For those who want to hear the sound of TPunk singing and Rodzinski's sad attempt at rap, check out the youtube link below.

The background: a marketing company that a fellow I know works for (called Maloney and Fox) was having a contest to take their jingle and re-do it and shoot a video for it and upload to youtube. So I figured it was worth a shot. I think it is certainly as good as the other entries I saw on there, so we shall see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC41PFnj_Q

This was pretty cool!  Who votes?  Is it too late?  Did you win?? ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »

Oh, the fun of watching Doctor Who!

Der Brucer decided to record his shows, and watch the season opener with me.  Since I was getting dinner on the table, I wasn't able to concentrate on some of what was happening during the first part of the show as much as I would have liked, but the show was fun and the food tasty.

Tennant somehow reminded me of Martin Short, only taller.  And smarter.  And sexier.  He'll make a good Doctor.

Adding to the fun was spotting Daniel Evans in the cast, as astroscientist Danny Llewellyn.  And yes, everyone here should know who Daniel Evans is.  He's the George on the London Cast Recording of Sunday In the Park with George.  This ep of DW was filmed in the summer of 2005, just before Evans took on playing George.  Too bad the character of Llewellyn was killed, but that happens a lot in DW.

SPOILER ALERT WAS NEEDED!! ;)

I started watching my tape of it after the shows I watched "live" but started to fall asleep before the season premiere episode finished.  And I did recognize Daniel Evans from the pictures in the Sunday CD.  Hopefully, I'll be able to finish that episode and the next tonight.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2006, 12:15:25 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw way up in the sky:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2006, 12:16:24 PM »

and these:

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2006, 12:19:02 PM »

Got my cuppa tea and do believe there were raindrops fallin' on my head on the way back to Ye Olde Hotel.  Nothing heavy, barely noticible.  I do have an umbrella so I'm safe if it's raining when I leave.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2006, 12:20:14 PM »

Well, just who in tarnation WILL be there tonight?  Mr. Kevin Spirtas will, if all goes according to plan.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2006, 12:27:38 PM »

congrats on your show and good luck on future performances Bruce!

I got sent to my grandmothers once again so no internet for me yesterday! But I am back and ready to do math howmeork...sigh

I loved your review of A Chorus Line Bruce, it's just like being there hearing you rant in person! I wish I had been able to see the original cast, there is nothing like a great cast and a show that just flies.

TY to everyone who helped me with movie titles I have a whole list now!

I saw The gardian with my grandma yesterday and boy did Ashton Kutcher grow up!!! I thought the movie was fantasmic.

Have fun at your get togeather wish I could be there!!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

George

« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »

Unfortunately, der Brucer botched recording Doctor Who last night.  He thought he could record two shows at once, and found out too late that he was wrong.

He has promised that he will record it sometime this week, when it is shown during the daytime.

And we're both p*$$ed at SciFi, for scrunching the end titles in order to show previews of other attractions.  We're both end titles fans, and will stay in a movie theater to watch them even as everyone else walks out.  (We haven't yet cried out "DOWN IN FRONT!!!" at the walkers between us and the screen, but we've been tempted!)  Scrunching the titles is a deplorable habit, and should be stopped.

I sometimes watch the end credits, also.  But, if you had a region-code free DVD player, you could get the entire second series on November 20th...of course, it would cost almost $100 American. ::)

SPOILER ALERT!! :

The entire show has already been shown in England.  So, if you don't want any possible clew as to what might happen at the end of the second series, DON'T read the Amazon.co.uk review/synopsis.  You might not like it. :-\

Adriana Patti

« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2006, 12:29:26 PM »

I always dislike being at the bottom of a page...
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2006, 12:30:05 PM »

And this:

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2006, 12:30:33 PM »

Auditions for "King-Kong - The Musical"?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Adriana Patti

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2006, 12:31:10 PM »

YAY GUESS WHOS A JM!!!!!!!!!!!!!no more newbie 4 me :)
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2006, 12:32:06 PM »

Auditions for "King-Kong - The Musical"?

der Brucer

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh thats great
-Thomas Edison

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2006, 12:35:24 PM »

Congratulations to no-longer-a-newbie, DR Adriana Patti!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2006, 12:36:25 PM »

Favorite, most moving part for me was the entrance of a totally nude dancer who drew comparisons to a Christlike figure in his dancing at one time lying on the floor in a crucifiction pose and then being "whipped" by another dancer, the chorus providing the sound effect by clapping.

Are you sure you weren't at Sweeney Todd? ::)

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2006, 12:41:08 PM »

Re Ron's loving ACL - that's what makes horse racing and no one's opinion is more important - and I like that there are differing opinions.  I have the feeling that those who have no history with the show will enjoy it more than those who do.  But, I want to be clear - I have seen many, many productions aside from B'way - and these productions have sometimes had fantastic performances in them that did not merely ape the originals.  I've seen a ton of great Maggies (the current girl is also good - just not AS good as some I've seen) - I've seen some great Dianas, some very touching Cassie's (although no one has danced it like Donna, and it's obvious it was created specifically for her body), some wonderful Gregory Gardners (none as good as the original), and some fine Zachs.  This current cast is fine, but not inspired, at least that's the way I see it.  I encourage everyone to check it out and see for themselves.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2006, 12:50:28 PM »

Hmmm...another Jose "stop-in" spot?

Death by You-Know

Restaurant Serves Chocolate Pizza
By Belinda Goldsmith
Reuters
NEW YORK (Sept. 29) - Slices of chocolate pizza. Syringes that squirt liquid chocolate into your mouth. Warm double chocolate fondue.

Israeli restauranteur Max Brenner's new chocolate bar off New York's Union Square, Chocolate By The Bald Man, caters for chocoholics of all ages -- and is pretty much a disaster for anyone trying to watch their weight.

Brenner has opened 19 restaurants worldwide in the past six years -- in Australia, Israel, Singapore and the Philippines -- but this is his first in the United States with plans to open a second in New York's East Village later this month.

Sitting in his restaurant that has the feel of a European cafe but with zany wallpaper and pipes across the ceiling giving it the look of a chocolate factory, Brenner explains that he set out to create a chocolate culture.

"I believe chocolate for people is not just about taste. It's about memories, about fantasies, about fun," the bald-headed Brenner told Reuters as he melted, mixed and poured a variety of chocolate concoctions.

"People want the whole chocolate experience. A ritual. So I created a ceremony around chocolate with special cups and utensils."

Hot chocolate is served at his restaurants in oval-shaped cups tapered at one end called "hug mugs" that are cradled in hands. Coffee comes in "kangaroo cups" with a pouch or shelf for chocolate. Ice cream popsicles come with bowls of melted chocolate, chocolate waffle balls and caramelized pecan bits.

der Brucer

George

« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2006, 12:53:11 PM »

I sometimes watch the end credits, also.  But, if you had a region-code free DVD player, you could get the entire second series on November 20th...of course, it would cost almost $100 American. ::)

I just checked Amazon.co.uk again and the $100 second series is a "Limited Edition 'Cyberman Head' Box Set with Lenticular Postcard" that's exclusive to Amazon.co.uk.  THIS is the link for the regular box set that's about $80 American.  I'll wait until it's released here.  It'll probably be about $15 less than the UK release.  The first series was released in the US, so this one should be too. :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2006, 12:55:19 PM »

This current cast is fine, but not inspired, at least that's the way I see it.  I encourage everyone to check it out and see for themselves.

It seems you're saying that Chorus Line, at its best, explodes with "heart" - this production simply "entertains".

der Brucer

FJL

« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2006, 01:01:03 PM »

Jose - thanks for calling.   I always enjoy hearing your cheery voice on my answering machine.  Sorry you won't be there tonight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2006, 01:02:38 PM »

If I fall asleep over my Caesar salad someone please take the anchovies out of my mouth  ;)

Anchovies in your mouth would be better than anchovies in your nose....I have no idea where that came from but it was the first thing I thought when I read this.

George

« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »

Topic of the Day:

76 Trombones - The Music Man
Gotta Dance - Singin' In The Rain
Be a Clown - Singin' In The Rain
Dance at the Gym - West Side Story
Good Morning - Singin' In The Rain
He’s My Friend - The Unsinkable Molly Brown
A Lot of Living To Do - Bye Bye Birdie
Marian the Librarian - The Music Man
Slap That Bass - Crazy For You
We'll Take a Glass Together - Grand Hotel

And great news about The Last Starfighter and best broken legs for tonight's perfomance!! ;D

And now I must go to work for a couple of hours.  Be back later!

George

« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2006, 01:03:32 PM »

But since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up