Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OCTOBERFEST  (Read 21567 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:OCTOBERFEST
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2006, 12:01:26 AM »

Well, in the morning, actually, at noon, I have to work concessions at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts for a performance by Tacoma Concert Band...a.k.a. TCB! (it really is referred to as TCB! ;)) That should be fun.  

I need to be there at noon, but I can leave after intermission.  I probably will, because we have the first read-through for Cannibal:  The Musical! at 7:00.  I haven't looked at the script at all! ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2006, 12:02:44 AM »

I went to see a play in traditional epistolary form tonight, "Love in the DMZ- A play in letters" and it was throughly touching and thought provoking and striking and everything live theater should be. I truly loved it! It was an invitational performance for playhouses wishing to host the play in their theater, and there are even talks of having it off broadway.
If I hear of an open performance of it anyware I will post and highly reccomend!

That sounds quite interesting!  A very different theatrical experience than Cannibal:  The Musical!, I'm sure.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2006, 12:04:40 AM »

And now I must go to sleep.  Good night, Adriana Patti and Guests. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 02:51:07 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and shall now be on my way to the airport.  If I have time, I'll post from there.

Jose, there'll be another Joe Allen gathering in three weeks I should think when I come in to record the Emily/Alice concert.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2006, 03:43:48 AM »

Here I am at the Newark airport in the President's Club in my own little kiosk in my own little room, posting on my handy-dandy computer.  Isn't that exciting?  Isn't that just too too?  I got my boarding pass online (although the gate changed since it was printed), and I'm just relaxing until the eight-forty flight (boarding around 8:05).  And I'm not even using the computer battery - I plugged in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2006, 03:46:25 AM »

Now, where in tarnation IS everyone?  When I sat down here there was no one else.  Now, I've got two really loud talkers sitting nearby because I'm sitting near the bagels and rolls.  These people all eat like pigs, I must say.  Bagels, rolls, rolls, bagels, bagels, rolls, then they eat more rolls and eggs and potatoes and stuff on the plane.  And the guy has a REALLY annoying voice and worse, he's MUNDANE.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2006, 03:52:49 AM »

What am I, doing a monologue?  Certainly this idiot nearby is doing a monologue - he has not shut his mouth for ten minutes - the poor man whose ear he's bending is just sitting there like so much fish.  I don't know if this fool is Eyetalian, but he certainly talks in that goombah way.  And he talks with food in his mouth and then he sucks his teeth (if you know what I mean, and I know you do), and then he drinks coffee and swishes everything in his mouth AND KEEPS TALKING THE WHOLE TIME AND I WOULD LIKE TO GO OVER THERE AND KILL HIM WITH A CROISSANT!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2006, 03:54:24 AM »

The ride from the Newark airport into NY took over an hour (on a Sunday afternoon) - the ride to the Newark airport took twenty-five minutes.  Go know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2006, 03:54:55 AM »

I also got through security quickly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2006, 03:55:23 AM »

The goombah is sucking his teeth again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2006, 04:03:22 AM »

This guy has a serious case of Joe Pesci-itis.  He's like a walking Scorsese movie - talking about detectives and precincts and cases - if he's a goombah cop (lots of "F" words peppered loudly - quote "I don't want to 'f' you - you talk to me like a f-ing ho from the street - don't embarrass yourself you f-ing ho"  I'm not making this up.  If I were the ho I would simply answer, "Listen, you f-ing dumb goombah, I wouldn't "f" you if you paid me a million dollars and gave me a house in the Hamptons because you SUCK YOUR F-ING TEETH, YOU LITTLE UGLY PIG MOTHER F-ER."  I mean, I am sitting next to a living cliche.  Lots of Eyetalian words, too - it sounds like he learned them from the movies.  The guy he's with looks like he would like to be anywhere else.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2006, 04:03:38 AM »

I am my own frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2006, 04:10:58 AM »

Now we have a new player - a big, bald man eating endless peanuts out of the noisiest bag I have ever heard.  I am being driven mad (not a long drive) and will have to move soon.  But, I've got another forty minutes before I need to go to the gate.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2006, 04:19:59 AM »

Here it was my one day to sleep in, but the cats have decided differently!

Hi, BK!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2006, 04:23:09 AM »

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about all of the events of the past week. My only regret was not being there to see "Starfighter" and meet some of the cool DR's on this group. I hope you have a safe flight back. Sounds like it won't be as bad as my best friend"s...it took her 14 hours to fly from Atlanta to Oiho on Friday! Air port security was so long---over an hour, and she missed her flight and was put on a flight that was delayed 6 hours! So better luck to you!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2006, 04:26:47 AM »

You could almost have passed my husband in the LA airport---he flew back yesterday from shooting on the Johnny Mercer documentary. He interviewed Henry Mancini's widow, Ray Evans (who's 91 but still can talk up a storm and has a superb memory!) and Alan Bergman. No Marilyn...she was up to her ass in ASCAP stuff! Wish I could have gone and lurked around everyone's houses.

When will the book be printed and ready for your fans?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2006, 04:30:05 AM »

I'll have the new book in hand in about seven days - or so I'm told.

The goombah is gone, and so is the bag crinkler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2006, 04:34:16 AM »

Well, I guess I shall mosey on over to the gate.

Amusingly and predictably, my voice is just fine this fine morning - I could do the show right now.  Someday, I'll have my head examined.

Edisaurus

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2006, 04:47:14 AM »

Amusingly and predictably, my voice is just fine this fine morning - I could do the show right now.  

Isn't that the way it always works? Like when you take your car to the mechanic and it suddenly stops making "that noise"...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2006, 05:17:00 AM »

MR BK is moseying to the gate.

Is this a theatrical documentary about Mr Mercer, DR EDISAURUS, or one for the home box?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2006, 05:17:31 AM »

THE LAST STARFIGHTER and Soiree du Joe Allen's both sound as if they were sparkling!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2006, 05:21:55 AM »

Just watched the ending of THE AFFAIRS OF DOBIE GILLIS (MGM 1954) on TCM.  I had watched a bit of it decades ago on Frances Farmer Presents, but since I really liked the television series that was on its network run at the time, I gave up on it.

However in this film we got to see Mr Bobby Van and his old nose, a very short Mr Bob Fosse, Miss Debbie Reynolds, and Miss Barbara Ruick (daugher of Laurene Tuttle, who was also present)....Barbara was also married to Robert Horton for a few years...  She had kind of a Dinah Shore look....I remember her only from CAROUSEL...didn't like her in that, but she was VERY good in this...paired with Fosse.

Oh and Kathleen Freeman as the leader of a band (that plays more Latvian weddings in the NYC metropolitan area than ANY other) - the famous Stella Kowalski and Her Shottische Five.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2006, 05:22:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: EFFULGENCE!
Casey would waltz
With an EFFULGENT blonde
(She was radioactive!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2006, 05:37:40 AM »

This isn't October -

It's ROCK-tober!!  ;D

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2006, 05:42:12 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  I'm up early, sending pre-trip emails and packing.  Richard and I will leave this afternoon to go stay near the airport to catch our flight to NYC tomorrow morning.

DR JRand - do you have to work at the bookstore again today?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2006, 05:49:49 AM »

It's OCTOBER!

That means that it is

Adopt a Shelter Dog Month!

National Animal Safety and Protection Month!

and

National Toilet Tank Repair Month!

(That's for those of you
whose dogs enjoy having that
"extra water bowl,"
if you know what I mean!   ;))
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2006, 05:51:26 AM »

OCTOBER is also...

Halloween Safety Month

Children's Magazine Month

National Family Sexuality Education Month

and

Gay and Lesbian History Month

not to mention

National Pajama Month
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 05:53:22 AM by S. Woody White »

FJL

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2006, 05:52:54 AM »

Have people here given any thought to when they're going to go to L.A. to see BRAIN FROM PLANET X?  And if so, are there any hotels convenient to the theater?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2006, 05:56:17 AM »

For the foodies amongst us

(and we all know who you/we are)

OCTOBER is

National Chili Month

National Cookie Month

National Caramel Month

National Popcorn Poppin' Month

National Seafood Month

National Pork Month

Vegetarian Month

and

Spinach Lover's Month!

(Yep, it's still on the schedule)

Plus

National Dental Hygene Month!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 05:56:42 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2006, 05:59:08 AM »

One More!

OCTOBER is

[size=20]Billard Awareness Month![/size]

Like, man, you can't be aware of billiards
when those balls are clacking against each other?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 06:00:12 AM by S. Woody White »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up