Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OCTOBERFEST  (Read 21623 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:OCTOBERFEST
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2006, 06:05:34 AM »

What I'd like to know is,

Where the heck in Brea is Susan Egan giving a concert?

I used to work there, back before my previous job moved to Glendale.

There's a theater in the civic center, smallish, where der B and I once saw an unmiked production of Sweeney Todd (small enough a theater that being unmiked didn't hurt any of the performers, save their Anthony, who simply couldn't project beyond his own nose).

If that's the place, I think the recording truck should be easily parked near the stage door, well out of the way of the audience parking.

Vibage for the recording!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2006, 06:06:29 AM »

Page three dance...

A TANGO!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2006, 06:08:22 AM »

Vibage for our esteemed BK's flight homewards!  (And hopefully that buffoon won't have the seat behind BK's!)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2006, 06:10:57 AM »

Maybe it's at the new Brea International Arts Center.  8)

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2006, 06:23:20 AM »

Good morning, this must be one of those days where cats across America conspire to rouse their humans before they had planned to get up. There are probably kitty giggles being heard from coast to coast.  

In other words, the cats woke me up too

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2006, 06:25:12 AM »

Off to find breakfast and maybe stop back at the office for an hour or two.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2006, 06:25:44 AM »

Safe travel vibes for BK leaving New York and Ginny and Richard on their way to New York

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2006, 06:26:07 AM »

And anyone else who may be traveling on this fine day

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2006, 06:26:48 AM »

It's going to be in the 80s here today - maybe close to 90 in some places, that's just too hot for October

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2006, 06:34:49 AM »

A little traveling music, please, maestro......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2006, 06:56:05 AM »

Good morning!

Another beautiful day here and the rest of the week looks to be a repetition of the last few days - cool nights and warm days. Beautiful fall weather.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2006, 06:57:06 AM »

I simply cannot believe it is October. September has to be the fastest flying-by month in the history of the world. I don't know where the days went.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2006, 06:58:26 AM »

Ah, drat! I meant to record THE AFFAIRS OF DOBIE GILLIS. I watched it years ago, too, and it seemed so weird for Bobby Van to be playing a part that in my mind was supposed to be Dwayne Hickman.

Well, it'll be on again some time. I'll see it.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2006, 06:59:37 AM »

I had thought I'd get to TARANTULA first today, but I simply must watch THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA and get it off my DVR. With so much TV upcoming, I'm going to need all the space on it I can get.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2006, 07:03:47 AM »

I'm interested in checking out DEXTER, the new series on Showtime starting tonight. Michael Hall plays a forensics expert by day who is also a serial killer by night (seeking vengeance on bad guys his research tells him are guilty). It has gotten raves from most of the critics I've read, and it sounds offbeat enough to possibly vie to replace SIX FEET UNDER as a must-see.

I understand it's pretty grisly (the murders he commits are not left to the imagination.) Anyway, since it comes on opposite both BROTHERS & SISTERS and WITHOUT A TRACE, I'll have to DVR it, and I won't get to it until tomorrow, but I'll look forward to seeing how they pull off such an unusual premise.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2006, 07:05:50 AM »

Premiering on HBO-HD tonight is WALK THE LINE, the Johnny Cash biography that won some Oscars last year. I didn't see it in theaters and I never rented the DVD either, so this will be my first time seeing it. Again, I'll have to DVR it due to conflicting programs on other channels, but I'm looking forward to seeing it since both stars got such raves for their performances.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2006, 07:09:55 AM »

Speaking of Dwayne Hickman, I see that Robert Osborne is doing a "Private Screenings" interview session with four notable child stars on Monday night: Margaret O'Brien, Darrell Hickman, Dickie Moore, and Jane Withers. Should make for some interesting discussion.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2006, 07:22:32 AM »

I have some late morning phone calls to make and some other house chores to do, so I'm heading off the net for a bit.

WBBL.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2006, 08:14:24 AM »

Good morning, all!  The curse of a wonderful soiree chez Joe Allen:  I got home too wired to sleep, and so I watched tv until after 1 AM.  This morning, my sinuses were a mess from allergies and I slept in.  

I've got some computer work on the BABES IN TOYLAND sources today, and maybe I will run through my editorial report looking for blunders.  

JRand56, I think Barbara Ruick is a disaster in CAROUSEL, the second major problem in the film after the screenplay.[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Travel Vibes for BK!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2006, 08:19:39 AM »

Safe travel vibes for BK leaving New York and Ginny and Richard on their way to New York

Thanks, DR Cillaliz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2006, 08:21:43 AM »

And anyone else who may be traveling on this fine day

Among those would be Richard's father's youngest brother, the last surviving member of that generation.  Uncle George came from New Hampshire for his sister-in-law's 90th birthday party.  We hadn't seen him for about 12 years.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 08:30:54 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2006, 08:40:07 AM »

Is this a theatrical documentary about Mr Mercer, DR EDISAURUS, or one for the home box?

It's just in its fetus stage, so we don't know where it will go. But when you're thinking about a documentary, you also think:
"who do I need to interview who's really old and might not be around when we really have a budget together, etc.".

So these interviews are a good start. Best case scenario would be that American Masters might be interested, and that it would have some film festival life, too. I didn't know about the Awrence Welk shows mentioned yesterday. I've been trying to find those on my local TV affiliate. Might be some good archival footage (for a billion dollars!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2006, 08:44:01 AM »

I probably will, because we have the first read-through for Cannibal:  The Musical! at 7:00.  I haven't looked at the script at all! ::)

Did your group do their own script or get one from some other theatre group who did the show?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2006, 08:45:57 AM »

That sounds quite interesting!  A very different theatrical experience than Cannibal:  The Musical!, I'm sure.

;)

Yeah - and at the DC production they did a drawing and the audience winner got to take home a bunch of fresh meat donated by a local butcher!

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2006, 08:47:25 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up! I'm up!

Alas, I'm feeling sort of lackadaisical this morning.  Well, not "sort of"... I just don't feel like doing much of anything today... Well, at least right now... Ah, well...

I'm posting.  That's something, ain't it?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2006, 08:48:02 AM »

Of course, there's plenty I need to get done today, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »

And I'm not even using the computer battery - I plugged in.

Great - out esteemed bk has no belt, but comes with plug attached! (Oh well, he does need an "outlet" for his energy.)

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2006, 08:48:59 AM »

-Let's just hope that bk did not end up sitting next to his "buddies" from the Continental Club on his flight back to LA.  Although, if he did, I'm looking forward to the stories and updates.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2006, 08:53:45 AM »

So...

For this Thursday, it looks like it will be a relatively small group - at least compared to last year's jaunt.  Off the top of my head:

DR Ginny and her DH Richard
DR vixmom and the vixter
DR Cillaliz and DR jhvw
And myself

DR Ginny suggested Sarabeth's Kitchen on CPS, and since that was what I was thinking, I'll go ahead and call to see about reservations.

Even if you can't make the "tour", any and all DRs would be more than welcome to join us for lunch - elmore, Ben, Rodzinski, Antonia, etc.

*And I just checked the weather for Thursday - low 60s, partly cloudy... In other words, a nice Fall day in NYC.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2006, 08:54:52 AM »

*Although, they are forecasting rain and possible thunderstorms for Wednesday, so, don't forget your umbrellas.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up