Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME FLIES  (Read 23711 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re:TIME FLIES
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 08:21:16 AM »

Edisaurus - I'm wondering if your documentary will be shown a few times in a few places in and around LA??
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 08:21:49 AM »

(she asked, hopping and dancing with the glee of a DR starting Page 2)
PennyO

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 08:23:47 AM »

This means that I'm up by 24 points - meaning that if I only make 50 points on yesterday's test, I am still in the game!

What is this, school or basketball?  Go, fight, WIN PennyO!

Can I be your cheerleader?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 08:48:38 AM »

Off to get lunch started.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 08:50:10 AM »

I wish I was sauced in Madeira RIGHT NOW!

(Have some Madeira, M'Dear!)

Is Der B too sauced to write anymore?
Der Brucer is napping.  It's an hour drive up to Dover for our shopping, then a half hour driving over to his daughter's house, then at least an hour listening to his daughter screaming at everyone, and then a ninety minute drive back to home.  All that can be quite draining.

I may take a nap, as well.

And it's raining here in Rehoboth Beach, DE.  A nice, soft rain.  The sort that makes me happy.

And I'm happy I'm not wrangling carts right now, too!   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 09:14:24 AM »

DR MattH, yes i did watch VERONICA MARS.

Not as good as last week, but still highly enjoyable.

Edisaurus

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 09:24:07 AM »

Edisaurus - I'm wondering if your documentary will be shown a few times in a few places in and around LA??

I hope so! I have a lot of friends out in LA so we will definitely push for it, as it will be a good excuse for a visit!

Send me your email off-list and I will be sure to let you know!

And you know I'm not afraid to spam,  so if something comes up  in LA, I will post to the group! ;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »

My "Ask BK Day" question is: How much of your new book is autobiographical? The characters are so charming and witty---there are some lines that are so funny I made a note to myself to remember them for future use. (My favorite one was about the cleaning lady...I can use that a lot!) The description of writing the dirty book was so well done that it seemed like something you must have experienced! Or maybe that's just what really good writers do...

Several of the stories certainly have autobiographical elements to them.  Dirty Book isn't one of them, but I wish it was!  That was the most fun story to write, but it also went through the most radical change, thanks to my muse's reaction to it.  I can't remember a line about a cleaning lady - which story, which line?  There are plenty of cleaning lady lines in the Kritzer books!  Oh, now I think I remember the line - in Dirty Book, right?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2006, 09:49:55 AM »

I don't love any olives except normal black ones.  I like to put those on my fingers and then eat them (sans fingers, of course).  I like them on my Subway Club sandwiches.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2006, 09:57:27 AM »

Per Woody's question:

I prefer black olives either as finger food or in dishes. Especially on sandwiches, pizza and Italian food.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 09:59:46 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2006, 10:07:41 AM »

Oh, now I think I remember the line - in Dirty Book, right?

That's the one!

I'vve never had a cleaning lady, (which is obvious to those who visit my house) so that's all the more reason why it would be fun to use!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2006, 10:12:53 AM »

I don't like olives.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2006, 10:13:23 AM »

We studied S/V in a high school class...but it wasn't Civics or History, I think it was in a Journalism class for some reason.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2006, 10:14:43 AM »

Brooke Shields did a VERY nice acting job on NIP/TUCK last night, as DR MATTH said.  

And of course tonight is Part One of the Pwoject Wunway finale!  Fashion Week here we come - well came - but we get to see it tonight.  I have read two different names as the winner on a couple of websites, so I still don't know....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2006, 10:15:59 AM »

DR EDISAURUS mentioned Something Weird Video the other day.  I got a 4-DVD set of Harry Novak Hillbilly Sexy South comedies today....  I have watched COUNTRY CUZZINS and MIDNITE PLOWBOY.  I think the one-DVD set would have been a-plenty!

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2006, 10:16:30 AM »

Much fun was had with the HHW Portland get together!

Jane, her son Bryan, and I met Tom and Colin at Union Station

I then drove Tom and Colin to their hotel, the Mark Spenccer, on 11th and Stark.

Jane had returned to her son's loft to freshen up and play with the little flying creatures that live with Bryan. Tom and Colin also freshened up and then we got coffee at Peet's Coffee then headed down to Pioneer square where we were once again met by the darling Jane.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:17:47 AM by MBarnum »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

Question for ASK BK day:

Of all the Courts shows you have attended and been a part of - who have you seen that you have been surprised at how nice they still look....and who takes the cake as the one you had to check the name tag to identify...and even then....  

Edisaurus

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2006, 10:17:27 AM »

We studied S/V in a high school class...but it wasn't Civics or History, I think it was in a Journalism class for some reason.

Vanzetti in particular wrote beautiful, poignant letters, perhaps that's why? The trial was heavily covered in the press for years as the "crime of the century", so that could be the reason as well.

In the movie "The Male Animal", one of the central plot points involves Henry Fonda reading Vanzetti's letters to his college students, which caused quite a stir back in the day!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2006, 10:18:16 AM »

Wow - great Palace pics from DR MS.

Yes, DR MS, I think Mr Quinn's passing was mentioned by several people here at HHW.  He received some glowing words.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2006, 10:21:33 AM »

Great pics, DR MBARNUM....now we need some with people in them.

HEY - won't you be in LA for your birthday?

I bought a $1 DVD at Walmart today that has HERCULES AND THE PRINCESS OF TROY - which I think was some kind of Joseph E Levine television pilot.  Gordon Scott, Diana Hyland, Mart(in) Hulzwit, and Gordon Mitchell were all on display.  The second feature was HERCULES (Mark Forrest) AGAINST THE MONGOLS.  And one of the Mongols with VERY pointy eyebrows was Mr Ken Clark!  

Have you seen either of these flicks?  Mr Clark was most distressing as one of the sons of Ghenghis Kahn - he would kill people and then laugh in very MEAN laugh.  I don't think I've ever seen Ken play a villain.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2006, 10:22:15 AM »

Vanzetti in particular wrote beautiful, poignant letters, perhaps that's why? The trial was heavily covered in the press for years as the "crime of the century", so that could be the reason as well.

In the movie "The Male Animal", one of the central plot points involves Henry Fonda reading Vanzetti's letters to his college students, which caused quite a stir back in the day!

Yup...the letters.  And I certainly remember that plot point in THE MALE ANIMAL.  8)

MBarnum

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

After meeting at Pioneer square we headed back to the hotel and to my car, making a delicious pitstop at See's Candy, and drove haphazardly to DR JMK's (the crew will attest that I cannot drive and chat at the same time...well I can, but I tend to get lost).

Once at JMK's we were met by Jeff's lovely wife Betsy, their very smart and well behaved sons and two of the cutets dogs you ever could want to meet, Beejee and Blanche...Blanche is the newest member of the household being as she is just a puppy....a cute, cute, cute puppy!

Betsy made the most delicious dinner of whole wheat pasta stuffed with cheeses and with a tasty lemon topping (I hope I got that right). Very, very good! And then to top it off Betsy (who I still say makes the best desserts ever!) served my favorite Chocolate Zucchini bread! Man that is good stuff!

A good time was had by all!

MBarnum

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2006, 10:28:26 AM »

Right now Jeff, Tom, Colin, and Jane are visiting Multnomah Falls.

I will meet them shortly to go to the Portland Rose Garden.

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2006, 10:29:35 AM »

Actual on the spot photos to come later!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2006, 10:36:51 AM »

Question for ASK BK day:

Of all the Courts shows you have attended and been a part of - who have you seen that you have been surprised at how nice they still look....and who takes the cake as the one you had to check the name tag to identify...and even then....  

Diane McBain looked incredible, I thought.  Samantha Eggar looks swell, and so does Hayley Mills - the best of them all, however, is Leigh Taylor Young.

Worst - Paul Le Mat and Jack Wild.  

Edisaurus

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2006, 10:43:03 AM »

DR EDISAURUS mentioned Something Weird Video the other day.  I got a 4-DVD set of Harry Novak Hillbilly Sexy South comedies today....  I have watched COUNTRY CUZZINS and MIDNITE PLOWBOY.  I think the one-DVD set would have been a-plenty!

A very funny one that they carry, and I keep meaning to order  is "Sin in the Suburbs".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056491/

Talk about lurid!

My favorite line (which was immediately added to our vocabulary) is when a plumber comes to the housewife's door and needs to run a hose from the house to where he's working. "Ma'am, can I hook up to your outside tap?"

Edisaurus

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2006, 10:46:26 AM »

Here's a great write-up on "Sin in the Suburbs", with photos!

http://www.imagesjournal.com/2004/reviews/sarno/text.htm

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2006, 10:54:55 AM »

Oh my, DR EDISAURUS....I think I bought the WRONG collection...although Sexy South is in color.

I still remember a line from BOUNCERS a show I choreographed...part of which was the "acting out" of one such film.....

Woman in shower: Oh I'm so lonely, and my husband is so far away in Oslo.

DOORBELL

Woman in shower:  Who is it?

Man:  It is I, Knobby, the Swedish postman with a special delivery for you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2006, 10:56:20 AM »

Diane McBain looked incredible, I thought.  Samantha Eggar looks swell, and so does Hayley Mills - the best of them all, however, is Leigh Taylor Young.

Worst - Paul Le Mat and Jack Wild.  

Recent pics I have seen of ALL these ladies (I think Ms McBain has joined the choir invisible) certainly confirm your list.

As for Wild and LeMat....the same....didn't recognize their photos.  :-\

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2006, 10:57:29 AM »

Gloriously, I am wrong.  Ms McBain is alive and working.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up