Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHITENING STICK  (Read 36416 times)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
Re:THE WHITENING STICK
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2006, 07:50:15 AM »

TOD:

DVD - still another episode of Monk

CD - I've been re-listening to 2 volumes of "Lost In Boston" ... specifically listening to the orchestrations and backgrounds by our own "numbers."  It is just so damned good, and each creation is so style-appropriate for the song it is supporting.

OK, enough of my rambling.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2006, 07:51:13 AM »

Oh YEA!.....I got to do a page flip !

In fact, I may have had my hair in a page flip right after high school. :)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2006, 07:52:46 AM »

Hiya! DAY OFF!!! It's actually just a day off from driving to and from school... I still have wads of reading to do. Wads. Finally had to break down and use reading glasses!!! For the first time! OY! But they sure help.

I had my Cultural Narrative speech in Communications class yesterday - guess who lifted whole passages right out of Jewish Thighs, pasted them into the required outline format, and delivered them as if she had had time to memorize the whole thing??? Kind of knocked the heck out of the class curve... some of these poor kids would rather be skinned alive than have to speak in front of people. Two kids had meltdowns, trembling, hyperventilating, tears. Wow. The professor is kind - his job is teaching this course called Public Speaking. A few of the students are just learning English - double wow. It's a lesson in courage.

I would love to see these alleged blinding white teeth adorning BK's mouth at some point...
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2006, 07:54:18 AM »

Maybe instead of spending a few hundred on laser whitening, i'll try this Rembrandt whitening stick...
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2006, 07:55:38 AM »

I have my usual Friday errands to run, so I'll jump offline now and go get cleaned up.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2006, 08:10:43 AM »

...Kind of knocked the heck out of the class curve... some of these poor kids would rather be skinned alive than have to speak in front of people. Two kids had meltdowns, trembling, hyperventilating, tears. Wow...

That's what I've been predicting you'd do ever since you started school, DR PennyO!  As for kids not wanting to speak in front of people, I'm frequently stunned by young people who can't even speak one-on-one to a public servant like myself.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2006, 08:35:03 AM »

DVD - still another episode of Monk

I received a package yesterday from a friend who works at Paramount. Since Tony Shalboub is our voice of Sacco, she sent me some "Monk" promo items: wetnaps (like you get down here after BBQ) in a little package with Tony's picture and the name of the show. They're very cute and I thought it was a clever and cheap way to promote the show!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 08:37:43 AM »

guess who lifted whole passages right out of Jewish Thighs

Very cool, PennyO! My, times have changed since I was in school and you would be expelled for showing off your Jewish Thighs!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2006, 09:05:13 AM »

Be calm, MattH.

Calm.....perhaps if you write Paramount, you TOO could get some "Monk" wetnaps!

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2006, 09:34:59 AM »

Be calm, MattH.
Calm.....perhaps if you write Paramount, you TOO could get some "Monk" wetnaps!
;D

Although she works at Paramount, she said the towelettes came from an issue of Variety and she pulled them out to save for me.

I had only met Tony Shalhoub once and was thrilled when he agreed to be our voice of Sacco, for free, too! He was a dream to work with and we were both moved to tears as he was reading Sacco's letter to his son. We recorded this in the Monk's writers' offices, so it was fun to get a peek into their process!

John Turturro was also a pleasure to work with. I wasn't there for his VO session but he also did this for free because his editor was dear friend of mine (someone I usually dine with at Joe Allen's!).

Here's a photo I took of the minds behind "Monk":
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:36:03 AM by Edisaurus »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2006, 09:45:39 AM »

Golly, Edisaurus....you have ALL the fun!

:D

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:46:05 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2006, 09:47:54 AM »

I have a "chair massage" scheduled today from 11:15-11:30.  We are having our annual "Health Fair" today and all sorts of fun things are skedded throughout the day.

I made an appearance at 8 a.m. and signed up for a bunch of things.  I even had a free Reiki demonstration (very soothing), and I got a coupon good for 5 free Jazzercise classes!  I also have invitations to attend a spiritual drumming class and a Reiki circle.

My life is full.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:54:57 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2006, 09:56:27 AM »

Big Bad PennyO

Mouthpiece Cillaliz

All other choices are wonderful.  MusicGuy needs a good one -

Edisaurus

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »

Quote from: Ron Pulliam
I have a "chair massage" scheduled today from 11:15-11:30.
[quote

I'm sure the chair needs a break and is going to enjoy that. Sounds like you have lots of fun, too!

I think the real people having the fun are the Monk writers!

Right after I took this, it started snowing like crazy and we barely made it back to Manhattan. (And Tony had to fly back to Hollywood!)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:59:07 AM by Edisaurus »

Edisaurus

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2006, 09:58:18 AM »

Big Bad PennyO

That's better than "Jewish Thighs"!

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2006, 10:00:29 AM »

Although I have not seen MONK, nor any thing he has done since WINGS, I have always thought Tony Shalhoub was one heck of an actor and very, very handsome.

Edisaurus

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2006, 10:00:44 AM »

MusicGuy needs a good one -

How about "Mallet Man"  (piano mallets, that is...)

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2006, 10:03:22 AM »

DVR: This weeks JERICHO

CD: Some of my haul that the Tomovoz gave me this week as well as some Wanda de Sah courtesy of DR JMK (well, as soon as I get it back as I accidentally put the CD in one of DR Jane's bags..she is mailing it back to me!)

DVD: WASABI TUNA.

Edisaurus

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2006, 10:05:52 AM »

I have always thought Tony Shalhoub was one heck of an actor and very, very handsome.

I know! It never really occurred to me until I was in the middle of talking to him and thought "Wow! You're adorable!" and then was immediately embarrased. He seemed smaller and softer in person...a very gentle and sweet man.

Edisaurus

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2006, 10:08:37 AM »

DVD: WASABI TUNA.

Is this the Japanese adaptation of "Greater Tuna"?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2006, 10:14:12 AM »

I love The Fly for Pogue

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2006, 10:15:04 AM »

In sort of good/bad news--I put in for another job as a lark because one of the gals I now work with drives me crazy.  I knew if I put in for it she would--I don't wish her ill, I just wish her gone.  Anyway, guess who got called to go interview yesterday and who didn't?

I'm thinking I'll go.  It would be good experence since I haven't interviews for anything in several years but I'm not sure what I'll do if I get it.

I have everything settled where I am about getting off from work at 4:30 to catch the early bus home, etc so I'm not sure I want to mess all that up by taking a new job.  We'll see.

Congrats on the interview, Danise!!  If they offer it to you, you always have the option to turn it down...and you'll know that they had enough confidence in you to offer you the job!  Good luck!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2006, 10:17:19 AM »

How about "Mallet Man"  (piano mallets, that is...)

Since Jose is now "Fingers"....maybe MusicGuy should called "Keys"....

FJL

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2006, 10:20:53 AM »

Re a gangster name:  I'd like "Freddie the Fiduciary," especially since I just last night saved a client over $20,000 with one (totally legitimate) application of the Internal Revenue code.  Little triumphs.

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2006, 10:21:44 AM »

In sort of good/bad news--I put in for another job as a lark because one of the gals I now work with drives me crazy.  I knew if I put in for it she would--I don't wish her ill, I just wish her gone.  Anyway, guess who got called to go interview yesterday and who didn't?

I'm thinking I'll go.  It would be good experence since I haven't interviews for anything in several years but I'm not sure what I'll do if I get it.

I have everything settled where I am about getting off from work at 4:30 to catch the early bus home, etc so I'm not sure I want to mess all that up by taking a new job.  We'll see.

Why not go for it.  There's nothing that says you can't make the same arrangements to get off work early, it's just an issue you'll have to discuss at some point before actually accepting the job.  

INTERVIEW VIBES FOR DANISE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:22:07 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

jhvw - great news on the job possibilities in KC...and you'd be 3 hours closer to me!

VIBES FOR GETTING A NEW JOB TO JHVW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2006, 10:25:28 AM »

How about Cellblock Cill...she's seen more cellblocks than the average con, but she always walks out the door on her own
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:26:28 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2006, 10:27:26 AM »

Speaking of cell blocks, I need to visit a client before a hearing this afternoon...laters

FJL

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2006, 10:28:31 AM »

New job vibes to jhvw!

Edisaurus

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2006, 10:29:45 AM »

Re a gangster name:  I'd like "Freddie the Fiduciary," especially since I just last night saved a client over $20,000 with one (totally legitimate) application of the Internal Revenue code.  Little triumphs.

Where were you when Al Capone needed you?

(Off to pick up my taxes. FJL, need any more clients?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up