Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST GO THERE  (Read 27766 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
JUST GO THERE
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:15:33 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes just went there, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they just went there instead of coming here.  Go know.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:18:25 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:JUST GO THERE
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:18:05 AM »

And the word of the day is: ELEEMOSYNARY!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:20:15 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to former dear reader Dan-in-Toronto.  Mr. Toronto left us for rather petty and silly reasons (as did another dear reader), but we wish him the happiest of birthdays anyway.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:24:44 AM »

In my present state of pecuniary distress, I eschew all ELEEMOSYNARY activities.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 12:31:29 AM »

TOD:

My favorite childhood toy was a sturdy replica of a medieval castle with working draw bridge and portcullis.

I spent hours staging metal knights atop the battlements to defend my liege, the King.

Can you guess I was reading Robin Hood books?

A close second would have to be my set of Lincoln Logs.

der Brucer

Of course, when I was 7 I got my first two-wheeler, and than my world opened wide! Places to go, things to see, adventures to be had....

DERBRUCER

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 12:41:53 AM »

Dear bk:

You coveted footwear is pricey:

From the Hindu Times:

Nizam's stolen slippers resurface

HYDERABAD: The bejewelled slippers of the (19th century) Nizam of Hyderabad (Sikander Jah), which disappeared from the Bata Shoe Museum in Canada in January last, resurfaced as mysteriously last week. The mystery does not end there.

The return of the $160,000 worth slippers followed another bizarre episode, in which a photo shop owner in Ontario recognised the stolen slippers from photographs he was ordered to print by a customer. The photographer managed to shoot a picture of the customer and supplied it to the police, which circulated it seeking public assistance, according to Toronto Star (www.thestar.com) .

Then the customer surrendered himself to the police.

An anonymous caller later informed the museum that the footwear could be found in a plastic bag across the road outside the museum.

The museum officials indeed found the slippers at the mentioned place.
der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 12:44:43 AM »

Greg preparing to take Amy on their honeymoon:

der Brucer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 12:50:10 AM »

George, I hope your move went well.  Your plan for Ebonie sounds good.  Did your computer survive the move?

YES!!  IT WORKS!!  I'M OFFICIALLY MOVED!!  I'M IN MY CONDO RIGHT NOW!!  I have my computer, my bed, my kitchen/dining room table, loveseat, TV, DVD player, and TWO VCRs...I even have my piano downstairs!  My cat is here, too.  She meowed all the over in the car (in a cat carrier) but seems to be exploring everything (I do have three floors, you know).  Of course, I still have more to bring over.  

My sister, niece and mother were over here this weekend painting.  And this afternoon between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m., I get my brand new washer and dryer delivered!!  I didn't bring shampoo or big towels (or a change of clothes ::)), yet, so I'll have to go back to my old house to take a shower in the morning, but I'll get things over here throughout this week.  I don't have rehearsal tonight, but I might have to usher for a silent movie that's playing.  I still need to confirm that I need to be there.  But it's finally happend. ;D ;D ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 12:50:31 AM »

If we send the HHW jet, are you free to Go West Young Man, and help George straighten up (pardon the expression) his environs?

Any and all are welcome to help! ;) There's still much to do.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 12:51:46 AM »

And now...it's time to sleep in my new bedroom at the very top of my new condo!

Good night, Der Brucer and BK and guests. 8)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 12:59:46 AM »

Thanks for the information DerBrucer!!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 01:00:11 AM »

Congrats George on getting all moved...

Did your cat handle the move well?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 01:00:54 AM »

It will be nice to sleep in your new home

DERBRUCER

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 01:06:50 AM »

And now...it's time to sleep in my new bedroom at the very top of my new condo!

Good night, Der Brucer and BK and guests. 8)

Remember to check under the bed!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 04:13:15 AM »

Congrats on the move in the new CONDO OWNER, DRGEORGE!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 04:14:57 AM »

Hmmm....I like the music for THE AMAZING RACE, although sometimes some of the Mickey-Mousing IS annoying.

I will let you know if I have been led astray when Troy arrives, DR EDISAURUS.

The Dinah Shore Rule - where else on all the internet can you discover such information. I ask you?  If only Dinah Shore ruled the earth, things would be a LOT different.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 04:16:00 AM »

I think the word of the day was the title of one of the WORST plays I ever saw in my life....well maybe the play is okay, but the production was boring.  I am not sure and I am not brave enough to EVER see it again.

Happy Birthday to DformerR DiT!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 04:19:48 AM »

Well this is the one I bought

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FB44VA/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1
/104-4738811-0071944?ie=UTF8

I think this is the one MR BK has....or one similar.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BUEMOO/ref=pd_rvi_gw_2/104-4738811-0071944?ie=UTF8

Some of the reviews of mine say that the instruction book is online, the text claims that it is "in the box."  I hope it is the latter.

Time will tell.    8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 04:33:02 AM »

Johnny Mercer....we don't have songs like we used to because we don't have people like we used to.

Can you imagine an Ahrens-Flaherty THE MUSIC MAN?  Or a Tim Rice-Elton John LI'L ABNER?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 04:35:26 AM »

My favorite toy:

I always wanted to be Frank Lloyd Wright OR Annette Funicello...depending on the day.  ;D

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 04:47:57 AM »

It will be nice to sleep in your new home

Wow, George has already invited you?

I feel rejected...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 04:50:05 AM »

Greg preparing to take Amy on their honeymoon:

No, no, NO! It's my *brother * who is the wood worker. That's SICKSICKSICK! We only date our *cousins*, here!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 04:51:32 AM »

Great photos from the Courts Show, MR BK.  Thanks for sharing!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 04:57:13 AM »

Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
And the ELEEMOSYNARY band tithed all their wages to the Red Cross.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 05:06:25 AM »

Rita was not MERELY A NOSY gossip - rather than depend upon her ELEEMOSYNARY friends, she would track down new sources and, YES, REAL MONEY would be paid for the scandalous information!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 05:09:02 AM »

TOD:
...Of course, when I was 7 I got my first two-wheeler, and than my world opened wide! Places to go, things to see, adventures to be had....
Boyfriends to be scouted down and cruised.  Our little der Brucer was a precocious lad, he was!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 05:28:34 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up! I'm up!

I'm here!  I'm here!

"Here" meaning NYC this morning - well, as of at 7:00pm last night.  I'm playing auditions today, so, that's why I'm "here" instead of "there".  I'll be ensconced in some studio in the Equity building playing the EPAs for Encores' upcoming series - which included the dearly beloved Follies.  So, it should be fun to see who turns out today.

And since I have to hop on the A or the D in just a few minutes...

Hope everyone is doing well...  -I'm still catching up on posts and such, so...  And I start She Loves Me back down in DC tomorrow, so...  Whew!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 05:54:09 AM »

I'll be arriving on Thursday morning - 8:30am, to be precise - for an extended weekend in the city.
I'm booked up on Friday and Saturday NIGHTS (after 8) with friends -seeing JACQUES BREL IS ALIVE AND WELL AND LIVING IN PARIS on Friday at The Zipper Theater; Saturday night, it's Town Hall for the reunion of those SIDE SHOW gals, Alice Ripley and Emily Skinner.  Brel has always been one of my top five favorite composers (I used two of his songs in my cabaret LIVE AND LEARN - "Mon Enfance" and "Chanson des Vieux Amants), and I always try to catch any performances of the 1960's Off-Broadway show based on his songs.
I plan on seeing something on Thursday night, but, will try my luck with standing room, TKTS or the theater box office.
Lunches and dinners are not planned, yet, though there will be a bunch of us at Joe Allen's sometime either Friday or Saturday pre-show.
I'm fond of Amy's Breads for quick bites and The Renaissance Diner on 8th Avenue for great food at good prices. . .
Don't Tell Mama will most likely be a stomping ground for late night drinking and singing. . .
Any suggestions from all my NYC pals would be delightful!
Anyone with time on their hands who would like to see a few museums, do a quick bite, long lunch or late evening strolling. . .let me know.
Looking forward to hearing from the guys and gals who'll be in the Apple over the weekend.

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 05:59:12 AM »

My favorite childhood toy was a chalkboard/desk combo. . .just the right size, and complete with chalk. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 06:33:57 AM »

Good morning, all!  Last night, inexplicably, my email worked on its own accord.  I debated cancelling the Mac Man visit but I've decided a tuneup could be a good thing.  

I have some minor finishing work on the New Havewn Symphony piece, and then I'm back to The Brain.

DR George, how's the guest room?

DR td, I'm a bit crazed with Bruce's show as well as the PHI job - my co-editor Tom Murray returns from London on Thursday and we have lots to accomplish -  but I am certainly around.

TOD:  My comic books, which would be worth a fortune now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up