Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST GO THERE  (Read 27738 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:JUST GO THERE
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2006, 08:36:46 AM »

And a Very Happy Birthday to Dan-in-Toronto!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2006, 08:39:14 AM »

And now...to work!!  Until later. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2006, 08:46:03 AM »

George-CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MOVE & YOUR OWN CONDO!!! [/size]   ENJOY![/size]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:50:43 AM by Jane »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2006, 08:55:33 AM »

Another George gets a re-do:

Forensic reconstructionists created a model of George Washington as he likely appeared as a 19-year-old surveyor. It will be displayed at Mount Vernon.

A team of artists and scientists believe this is what General Washington looked like at age 45, when leading the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War.

He's portrayed here at age 57, taking the oath of office

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

Does anyone else have problems changing the color, size, etc?  It rarely works now & I have to cut & paste to put the brackets in the correct places.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:43 AM »

Edisauris, exactly what does a trim carpenter do?  Is that wood trim, moldings, etc?  I enjoyed the photo of Greg & your brother.  It’s nice you all get along well.

Bruce-nice photos of the Courts Show.

And speaking of photos….Cillaliz I’m expecting some of Paul’s work.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2006, 09:02:49 AM »

Does anyone else have problems changing the color, size, etc?  It rarely works now & I have to cut & paste to put the brackets in the correct places.

NOPE

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2006, 09:05:23 AM »

... exactly what does a trim carpenter do?  

Depends, some do Weight Watchers, others Jenny Craig.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2006, 09:09:02 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  On Friday, I'd sent a strongly-worded e-mail to someone re the show this Saturday because it seemed like said someone was making things up off the top of his head (and the story was changing from what it had been), and because said someone was being unnecessarily snippy with Jonathan, my NY assistant.  His response was waiting for me - very docile and friendly, a good thing.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2006, 09:09:48 AM »

After wishing Dan in Toronto a happy birthday I noticed my calendar says his birthday is tomorrow….so I double checked the calendar here.  

Bruce, the screwy calendar that begins on Monday, instead of Sunday, confused you again.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2006, 09:11:33 AM »

DerBruce, just so I know my memory isn’t failing me…..you highlighted NOPE & then clicked on red and then size-yes?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2006, 09:16:14 AM »

DerBruce, just so I know my memory isn’t failing me…..you highlighted NOPE & then clicked on red and then size-yes?

Well, size first, then color.

THIS IS COLOR FIRST, SIZE SECOND

Jane

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2006, 09:17:12 AM »

That shouldn't make a difference.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »

It did-didn't get the color at all. ;D

Jane

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2006, 09:19:19 AM »

I wonder if using purple instead of red works.  

Jane

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2006, 09:20:15 AM »

Nope.  I will try color and then size.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2006, 09:22:17 AM »

This is very strange, now the color doesn't work at all, unless maybe I cut and paste it.

Yup, cut and paste worked-very strange.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:23:44 AM by Jane »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2006, 09:22:52 AM »

The NEWS
U.N. votes to punish Korea
World: Sanctions include assets seizure, ban on weapons trade
By Edith M. Lederer, Associated Press

UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously on Saturday to impose punishing sanctions on North Korea for carrying out a nuclear test, declaring that its action posed "a clear threat to international peace and security."

Meanwhile

DARFUR REFUGEES PLEAD TO PEACEKEEPERS FOR PROTECTION

KASSAB, Sudan  —  Refugees in the camps scattered across Darfur live in fear, saying the African Union peacekeeping mission does little to protect them even as rising violence is driving away crucial humanitarian aid.
"You have been here for three years now, and what have you done for us?" a tribal leader bitterly asked a delegation of AU soldiers and police that came to the Kassab refugee camp last week.
As they often must, the peacekeepers patiently explained to camp delegates that they had come to Darfur only to monitor the violence and have no mandate to fight it.

Since fighting between rebels, the Sudanese army and a militia of Arab nomads began in 2003, some 200,000 people have died in Darfur and 2.5 million have been displaced.

UN leaders, confronted after they handled the Korea crisis (which couldn't wait another day!) were asked about action to stop the genocide in Dafur.

With fingers pressed 'neath their chin, they replied:

The Free World has a heart, hasn't it?
Joking apart -- hasn't it?
And tho' I'd be the first one to say that we're not a saint...
I'm finding it hard to be really as black as you paint...

We're reviewing the situation…

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2006, 09:31:09 AM »

Wow, George has already invited you?

I feel rejected...

LOL... dont .... he is a nice person... I live too far away from hin anyways... I am in the Buffalo Commons of the Great Plains of North America! :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2006, 09:31:26 AM »

Some of my favorite toys I still have...my first easter bunny and my collection of Freakies characters from the Freakies cereal (my favorite!)...which look like this...

DERBRUCER

« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2006, 09:31:41 AM »

This is very strange, now the color doesn't work at all, unless maybe I cut and paste it.

Yup, cut and paste worked-very strange.

The size blocks must surround the text to be sized, as do the color blocks, thus:

(color=Red)(size=6) YOUR TEXT (/size)(/color) with square brackets replacing parens.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2006, 09:53:56 AM »

Reviewing my Duck and Cover post from yesterday brought back other childhood memories:

Before my parents took their young child and fled the war-threatened city for the safer suburbs (see Bedknobs and Broomsticks) we lived in a new row house on the northeast side of Philadelphia. We regularly had air raids. My Father was an Air Raid Warden (complete with white hard hat) and his job, after the sirens wailed, was to patrol the street to be sure everyone had their blackout curtains/shades drawn and no light was peering out. For this evolution all the neighbors adjourned to their front stoops and enjoyed a good chit-chat. Part of Civil Defense preparedness was knowing witch action to take should an incendiary bomb come crashing through the rooftop. We were provided with a cardboard container (a round box, like one for Oatmeal) containing fine sand. When the bomb landed you were to take the container and dump the sand on the fire (SURE WE WERE!).

I am sure the neighbors were glad we left town -and took Bruce and his performing arts show with them. (The row house had garages behind and beneath each unit. There was an alley way that ran between the-facing rows of houses that provided access. When the men left for work in the morning, they left their garage locks hanging open on the doors. One day I went about the business of mixing up all of the locks and then locking each and every door with locks at random. The ensuing melee when the workers returned was a hoot! There was no applause, however.)

der Brucer

Note: Since my Atwater-Kent radio had a lighted dial, I had to cover it with a towel during blackouts. Later in life I had to cover my nice Emerson bedside radio with a towel and an ice pack to keep it cool (when my folks were out I'd sneak a listen to my favorite shows like The Thin Man, Inner Sanctum and the Shadow (he knows!) - my Father used to check on his return to see if the radio was warm - which thanks to my foresight, it was not.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:22:15 PM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2006, 09:56:28 AM »

Some of my favorite toys I still have...my first easter bunny and my collection of Freakies characters from the Freakies cereal (my favorite!)...which look like this...

What - no Sky King decoder ring!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2006, 10:22:09 AM »

Got the dreaded too many connections and lost a nice long post.  Love that.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2006, 10:36:03 AM »

Got the dreaded too many connections and lost a nice long post.  Love that.

If you are of the belt and suspender persuasion, just highlight your post and do a copy before you actually post - (you don't need to paste, let the copy stay on your clipboard), if the post "fails", you can then do a "paste" for a retry

Since I am often as not quite verbose, I usually keep a blank Word document open in which I compose my posts (and get the benefit of the auto-spell checker). I can then cut and paste my stuff into the post form (and if it's lost, I still have my scratch word text).

Simple, Isn't it.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2006, 10:38:51 AM »

Thanks!  Ebonie seems to be doing okay...so far.  I still need to bring over her canned cat food, but so far, she's seems fine. ;D

Good, I am glad to hear that!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2006, 10:40:27 AM »

Another George gets a re-do:

Forensic reconstructionists created a model of George Washington as he likely appeared as a 19-year-old surveyor. It will be displayed at Mount Vernon.

A team of artists and scientists believe this is what General Washington looked like at age 45, when leading the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War.

He's portrayed here at age 57, taking the oath of office

der Brucer

I remember reading something a while back in either Smithsonian or National Geographic. Rathter interesting to say the least.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2006, 10:48:35 AM »

Maybe I missed a mention here, but there was a nice, very funny feature on NPR yesterday morning about High Fidelity, with IVs with BK's close personal acquaintance Amanda Green, who happens to be best friends with my close personal acquaintance, Brooks Ashmanskas.  We brought the house down here in Portland a few years ago with Amanda's excellent "Every Time a Friend of Mine Succeeds, a Little Piece of Me Dies."  And for you L&O fans, she's not the same Amanda Green who writes a lot of episodes (as she herself told me ;) ).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »

George-CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MOVE & YOUR OWN CONDO!!! [/size]   ENJOY![/size]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!  I INTEND TO!!

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2006, 11:19:49 AM »

Michael Shayne does disappear for days and weeks at a time, doesn't he?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up