Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I LED THREE LIVES  (Read 20867 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:I LED THREE LIVES
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »

From George:
You can't imagine how happy and relieved I am.  

Oh yes I can!!  I’m so happy Ebonie is safe inside the condo.:D

Be sure to buy the safety stretch cat collar.  After a few scary situations with cat collars our indoor cats never wore them.  We were just super careful not to let them out & constantly did a cat count, even if the door was never opened.  You have just learned how cats can get into some scary spots.  I never used the washer or dryer without knowing where the cats were, and then there was the time the cat jumped in the frig while I wasn’t looking.  Lucky for us all I opened the frig back up when I didn’t see him.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2006, 11:18:09 AM »

Actual day birthday greetings to Dan in Toronto who was delighted with all the good wishes he received yesterday.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2006, 11:18:40 AM »

DR George,

I was dismayed and then immediately relieved, since I read the whole story arc of Ebonie's adventures at once. I know moving will be a difficult adjustment for my cats, especially Bailey, who is the big alpha love cat but hides under our claw foot tub when there's a hint of thunder. The new house has a tub with a skirt so he'll have to formulate a new duck-n-cover plan. And there's no logical place to put a litter box, the house is so small. They all have their separate domains in our current (also small) house, so I'm sure there will be some turf wars once we all move.

Congratulations on your new place and the re-emergence of Ebonie! Sounds like you need a trim carpenter, though. Hmmmm...o where could we find one?

Thank you and..."Hmmmm," indeed! ;)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:19:09 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2006, 11:32:58 AM »

DR MattH did STUDIO 60 get picked up yet for a full season? Or did it start out with one?

I think the only new shows i'm watching this year are: UGLY BETTY, HEROES, BROTHERS & SISTERS, STUDIO 60 and MEN IN TREES.  The first two are my favorites.

I watch all of these, but not "Brothers & Sisters" so much.  It's just not grabbing me.  I watch it and think that this is the show that Betty Buckley was supposed to be on. ::)

Does anyone know the details (other than "creative differences"?)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2006, 11:33:45 AM »

Spoo!!  Happy Actual Birthday Wishes to Dan-in-Toronto!

;D

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »

A big happy day of the birthday kind to DiT!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »

Right after DakotaCelt "trickled" :-X

An image that terrifies.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2006, 11:56:38 AM »

Go to The Art of Rock Rolling to see how it is made.

The very stuff! My mouth is watering, just thinking about it.

Consuming Brighton Rock requires very strong teeth, BTW. No wmips allowed!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2006, 11:58:50 AM »

I watch all of these, but not "Brothers & Sisters" so much.  It's just not grabbing me.  I watch it and think that this is the show that Betty Buckley was supposed to be on. ::)

The woman is insane!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

I've always liked "aspidystra" and musical terms, like "hemiola."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2006, 12:21:10 PM »

When was Matt indecent?

nevah... but he was Deceit -ful in a great play...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »

Dunckopf?  Is that anything like a dumbkopf?

it refers to a dumb head
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »

Right after DakotaCelt "trickled" :-X

der Brucer

WE sigh, we dont drool....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2006, 12:25:22 PM »

WE have our standards to maintain...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2006, 12:26:05 PM »

Interesting avatar Edi...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2006, 12:26:15 PM »

Back from the jog and must now pack up some stuff to ship.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2006, 12:45:45 PM »

Of course Lady Peel aka Bea Lillie could say ANYTHING and make it funny.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

Speaking of Troy Donahue, in the notes....didn't you say, MR BK, that you also had A DISTANT TRUMPET on DVD to watch?  I think this movie also features Susan Pleshette who was then Mrs Donahue....when the movie was made, but not by the time is was released.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2006, 01:06:44 PM »

DR MattH did STUDIO 60 get picked up yet for a full season? Or did it start out with one?

I think the only new shows i'm watching this year are: UGLY BETTY, HEROES, BROTHERS & SISTERS, STUDIO 60 and MEN IN TREES.  The first two are my favorites.

I have to say that I was at first a bit put off by "Studio 60" and its rapid-fire dialogue and multitude of characters.  It seemed to me that it was going to be too much to follow at 10 p.m. after a long day.

But I've either adjusted or it has simply HOOKED me.  I really enjoy it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2006, 01:07:51 PM »

Speaking of Troy Donahue, in the notes....didn't you say, MR BK, that you also had A DISTANT TRUMPET on DVD to watch?  I think this movie also features Susan Pleshette who was then Mrs Donahue....when the movie was made, but not by the time is was released.

Suzanne Pleshette, on the "Tonight Show", once referred to Donahue as "the blond dummy."  Or am I misremembering what show she was on when she called him that?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2006, 01:08:54 PM »

I've always liked "aspidystra" and musical terms, like "hemiola."

"Sarsaparilla" has always tickled my fancy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »

Spoo!!  Happy Actual Birthday Wishes to Dan-in-Toronto!

;D

Dan in Toronto -- now there's a name I miss greatly on this forum.  Dan, along with DBs Stuart and Jay.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2006, 01:11:42 PM »

Golly.  What a fortuitous break for the rest of us that she's NOT on the show.  She'd have been all wrong for it.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

George

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »

The woman is insane!

I've only heard rumors...never any actual stories, though. ::)

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2006, 01:15:25 PM »

Which brings to mind two Tom Lehrer Lyrics:

From I Wanna Go Back To DixieAnd from It Makes A Fellow Proud To Be A Soldier der Brucer

Damn yankees...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2006, 01:19:36 PM »

Oh, no, it didn't start out with one. No new show starts out with a full season order any more. It's just too expensive for the network if the show bombs. STUDIO 60 started out with a 13 episode order, and that's where it stands now. I haven't checked the ratings for last night yet (I'm headed there after I leave this site), but it it lost any viewers from the last two weeks (last week was steady), I suspect NBC will not renew it past those 13 original segments.

I understand it's one of the most expensive shows on TV right now at $3 million per episode. What's saving it right now is that it's among the top 20 shows in a demographic NBC covets - the affluent viewer. But it needs to get its total viewer numbers up considerably.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:22:40 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2006, 01:24:08 PM »

The woman is insane!

That's what I heard, too. Over the course of a nine months production period, they just couldn't deal with the ego, demands, and unpredictable behavior.

Like DR Ron Pulliam, I don't think she would have meshed with this cast at all. I think Sally Field was a fortuitous bit of casting.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2006, 01:24:56 PM »

I had a lengthy viewing afternoon interrupted several times by phone calls, so I didn't get to OLD CHRISTINE at all.

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2006, 01:26:06 PM »

I started by putting THE LTTILE MERMAID back in my primary DVD player in my setup (the player that had problems with the disc on its first go-round). With much relief on my part, the disc played flawlessly.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2006, 01:28:28 PM »

Since I had THE LITTLE MERMAID set out, I put in the second disc in the set and watched "The Making of THE LITTLE MERMAID." Great to see the late Howard Ashman looking so healthy and alive working with Jodi Benson and others on the music, and the whole triumphant end to a highly tension-filled production period (where DIsney was considering abandoning animation all together) left me with tears in my eyes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up