Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I LED THREE LIVES  (Read 20977 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:I LED THREE LIVES
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »

Because I enjoyed that documentary so much, I immediately went to the shelf and pulled BEAUTY AND THE BEAST off and watched its "Making of" documentary. Just as affecting and interesting, it made me want to put the DVD of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in the player and watch it right then.

I resisted, but I will be returning to this in the next few days. I haven't watched the movie in years.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2006, 01:32:40 PM »

Page Four Mulan Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »

I finally went to to the DVR and watched Sunday night's DEXTER. A chilling episode (with a sequence involving an alligator that literally had me jump out of my chair) with a teen killer. I'm really enjoying this series. And Michael C. Hall, whom I've never found particularly sexy, is very sexy in this even though he's playing a character with a heart of ice and only feigning normalcy.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2006, 01:36:37 PM »

I concluded the afternoon with last night's CSI: MIAMI. A surprise murderer made the episode an enjoyable one, and there was an extra payoff with a crooked judge who's been dogging Horatio's trail for a couple of seasons now. I keep telling these crooks that they shoudl never mess with Horatio, but they don't listen.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2006, 01:41:38 PM »

I watched "Heroes" and "Studio 60" last night.

Only those shows.

And I managed to process about 300 DVDs from their keep cases into my new aluminum box (1,000 CDs/DVDs per box).  I have about 850 available keep cases.  Don't know what to do with them....store them?  Toss them?  Bundle 'em up and sell them on eBay?  Recycle 'em?

Anyone with ideas on the topic, please let me know.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:42:07 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2006, 01:43:56 PM »

Oh, yeah.  I've got about 1,000 CD jewel boxes ready to recycle or throw out....and another 1,000 will join them in the near future.

It's AMAZING how much room these unnecessarily oversized containers take up.  I'm going to be freeing up SO MUCH SPACE in my condo it's almost criminal!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2006, 01:46:42 PM »

Just back from looking at last night's overnight ratings.

It's an ominous sign for STUDIO 60. Not only did it fall 15% from last week's results (now under 8 million viewers), but WHAT ABOUT BRIAN on ABC, which couldn't find any kind of audience last season, finished second in the time period last night with 8.8 million viewers.

On the basis of this, I'm guessing NBC will not renew STUDIO 60 past its original 13 episodes.

It was announced yesterday that NBC would not take ER off the air for an extended hiatus and return it in the spring. The show will play the entire season with new episodes and reruns like other shows.

THE BLACK DONNALLYS, which was going into ER's spot, now has no home, and I'm guessing NBC will put it in the Monday at 10 timeslot.

BTW, DEAL OR NO DEAL won its time period at 8 with no problem, and HEROES also held up to the ratings levels of its other episodes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:47:35 PM by Matt H. »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2006, 01:49:16 PM »

From George:Oh yes I can!!  I’m so happy Ebonie is safe inside the condo. :D

Be sure to buy the safety stretch cat collar.  After a few scary situations with cat collars our indoor cats never wore them.  We were just super careful not to let them out & constantly did a cat count, even if the door was never opened.  You have just learned how cats can get into some scary spots.  I never used the washer or dryer without knowing where the cats were, and then there was the time the cat jumped in the frig while I wasn’t looking.  Lucky for us all I opened the frig back up when I didn’t see him.

Thanks!  I hadn't thought about the stretch collar, but I will definitely get one.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »

Headed down now to clean the living room, read next week's T V GUIDE, and then back to viewing.

WBBL.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2006, 03:11:16 PM »

Happy birthday, Monty!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »

Save the cheerleader....

.....save the World!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2006, 03:43:10 PM »

Back from multitudinous errands and going and doing.  Finally have The Brain CDs to give the cast, so that's good.  I was hoping to have my meeting/dinner with publicist early, but he's in Malibu and won't be leaving until four-fifteen, which, given traffic and rush hour, means he won't get back here until six.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2006, 03:53:36 PM »

DR MBarnum, you mentioned that you had some Raymond Scott CD's. You might love this new compilation, which includes not only 24 versions of "Powerhouse", but numerous other covers.

There are about 18 songs performed by the RS Quintette, and each song is followed by at least one cover from another artist...all wrapped up in Irwin Chusid's beautiful packaging and liner notes.

A piece of trivia: Raymond Scott's son is also an editor. He worked on a lot of great stuff, including "Hair" and "Woodstock". He was also one of the editors on "Remember WENN". Stanley and I were the editors being considered for an immense Joseph Papp documentary. I would have had to work up in NY for at least a year (whiuch wouldn't be all bad) but I couldn't bear the thought of being away from my beloved for so long.

It turned out that Stanley was the perfect guy for the job. Not only did he have the home court adantage, so they wouldn't have to pay to put him up, (the filmmaker was actually going to give up her apartment to me and move in with a friend) but also his family knew Joseph Papp personally.

The project ultimately stalled for several reasons, but I hope it will be finished one day. Papp had 3 full-time archivists on staff and there's a mind-numbing amount of material available---beautiful footage, too!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2006, 03:57:13 PM »

TOD:  One of my favorite words is "discombobulate."  I'm not even sure I'm spelling it correctly, but I love the sound of it.

FJL

« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2006, 03:58:42 PM »

Questions for BK - Is 7:00 Ok for Friday?  And did the Fedex get to you OK?

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2006, 04:08:29 PM »

I want one!!

But instead I followed Cillaliz's recommendation and bought myself a Toro leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher. Now I won't dislike the large trees in my front and back yard any longer.

Have fun with it. It's still work, but it's a lot easier than raking

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »

You have just learned how cats can get into some scary spots.  I never used the washer or dryer without knowing where the cats were, and then there was the time the cat jumped in the frig while I wasn’t looking.  Lucky for us all I opened the frig back up when I didn’t see him.

I always do head counts before I leave the house, but apparently I forgot to do that this morning. When I came home I couldn't find Boo, I called and called and then I heard her howl...so I looked around opened doors and finally saw a little white paw sticking out from under the coat closet door.  
Poor thing she'd been locked in there all day long.

It didn't take long before she ran to the litter box, then I made her a big dinner and gave her some cat nip. She's fine and my guilt has been taken care of.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »

UPS man has delivered:

The Other
And the MGM Motion Picture Masterpieces Box:
    A Tale of Two Cities
    Treasure Island
    Pride and Jrejudice
    Marie Antoinette
    David Copperfield.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2006, 04:37:13 PM »

Just got the package - thanks!!!  I think rehearsal is over at five, so seven is fine and dandy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2006, 04:44:32 PM »

Suzanne Pleshette, on the "Tonight Show", once referred to Donahue as "the blond dummy."  Or am I misremembering what show she was on when she called him that?

I am sure you remember correctly.  Mr Johnny Carson enjoyed having Susanne on his show often.

Once when he asked her if she ever watched her old movies on television, she replied that the makeup and costuming was so extreme that she often thought her nipples were earrings.  :o
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2006, 04:47:04 PM »

A Tale of Two Cities....the Dirk Bogarde version will always have an edge for me in the LEADING roles, although the Colman supporting players have the advantage.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2006, 04:48:01 PM »

Speaking of the title of the notes....didn't Mr Carson once threaten to write an autobiography titled I FED THREE WIVES?

Glad the kitty is safe, DRGEORGE.

George

« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2006, 04:55:08 PM »

Glad the kitty is safe, DRGEORGE.

Thanks!  Me, too. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2006, 04:58:18 PM »

Good afternoon Drs........I hope everyone is having a splendiforous day so far!

Some of my favorite words to say, just for the way they pronounce and sound, are Jewish......the problem is that I'm probably not correct on spelling much of the time.  One favorite is  "schoene punim" ;  this was said by a friend of mine's mother, as she would squeeze the 2 sides of my face together, and then giggle.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2006, 04:59:52 PM »

Hi Esteemed, toned, buffed, and phlegm-free BK --

I hope all of the plans are falling in place for the NYC trip.  I also really hope that the nasty weather front hanging around the east is moved well away by the time you get there.

George

« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2006, 05:08:41 PM »

DeepDiscountDVD.com is having a buy-one-get-one-free sale on select titles!!  I just bought the complete fourth seasons of BOTH "The Kids In the Hall" and "Ellen"!  "KITH4" was $36.45 and "Ellen" was free!  Gotta love that! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2006, 05:10:33 PM »

There will be fine weather upon my arrival!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2006, 05:42:41 PM »

Back from multitudinous errands and going and doing.  Finally have The Brain CDs to give the cast, so that's good.  I was hoping to have my meeting/dinner with publicist early, but he's in Malibu and won't be leaving until four-fifteen, which, given traffic and rush hour, means he won't get back here until six.

Bring me a copy, please!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2006, 05:45:07 PM »

A Tale of Two Cities....the Dirk Bogarde version will always have an edge for me in the LEADING roles, although the Colman supporting players have the advantage.

I love the French-English BBC production from 1991.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2006, 06:16:37 PM »

...I was hoping to have my meeting/dinner with publicist early...
I thought that the first letter in someone's name is usually capitalized.  Perhaps this early person has an affectation, to use all lower case.

In which case, shouldn't EARLY USE ALL CAPS, SINCE PUBLICISTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SHOUTING THEIR NEWS TO EVERYONE???

Just asking.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up