Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT  (Read 26858 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2006, 11:03:36 AM »

So....tonight is THE night:

The true FINALE of PROJECT RUNWAY!

All will be revealed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »

I watched the final 10 minutes or so of that Dancing With the Stars show on ABC last night.

The interview with Sara about why she quit the show and how she's protecting her family and how she just needs to be there to watch her son's face when he's in pain and etc., etc. etc.

GAG ME WITH A SPOON.

It sure didn't stop her from PLUGGING her upcoming tour!

What a load of crap!

From what I've read, she was borderline about to be bounced from the show for lack of votes.  

I also thought it tacky and inappropriate for Tom Bergeron (well...for ANYone, but Bergeron is becoming notoriously TACKY) to make comments about her husband and about "unspecified" things found on his computer, etc., etc.

TRASH TV can be fun....but this show hit an ALL-Time LOW in trashiness last night!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 11:07:19 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2006, 11:09:35 AM »

BK - I'm going out this evening, and I don't have to go to the office tomorrow, so not 100% sure if I'll be up that early tomorrow.  

But I can call you as soon as I wake up as a just-in-case backup.  How early do you need to be at the airport?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2006, 11:15:38 AM »

Where are your PRIORITIES, man?  ;D

Well...... ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2006, 11:15:57 AM »

I think it's a hoot that a brass candleholder was categorized as Troy Donahue's character's "integrity"!

I still want some Strega!!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2006, 11:18:15 AM »

Well, gang, it works.  I recommend this $95 system.  They emailed me one short tutorial on setting up my system, but it wasn't difficult.  It works with Windows 2000 and XP and Apple, but read the instructions to make sure it's compatible with your OS.

Ordered on Sunday, arrived today.   ;D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FB44VA/ref=pd_rvi_gw_2/104-4738811-0071944?ie=UTF8

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2006, 11:18:53 AM »

DR JANE - I am with you....I don't know how you resisted the brother, too.

They are the cutest pups I have seen in a LONG time and maybe EVER!!!

George

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2006, 11:23:01 AM »

Hiya, gang!!

Belated WELCOME to your own home, George!! The fun begins... with the lost mailbox key... and more to come...

Thanks!  I meet with a mailbox person sometime today to get a new lock and three (I think) keys.  Hopefully, the person will also tell me which mailbox is mine!  They're not marked with the same number as the condo units...which I guess is good (safety reasons, and all), but it's darned inconvenient.  I just got a call this morning from the title company that handled the condo sale and they needed to send me something.  Well, they sent it to my new address, but because I don't have a mailbox, it was returned.  I had to have them send it to my work.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »

I shall now be on my way to my morning meeting, after which, I shall return.

George

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »

I'm glad you mentioned that, DR FJL, because I was going to delete a few of my posts to free up more space---like the one with the big Bosch painting, and the duplicated ones of my brother. :-) (Sorry, guys!)

But it sounds like bk has someone who bats cleanup on this when the room gets overloaded, so maybe I will refrain from deleting.

If I understand it correctly, deleting a post with a picture won't remove it from HHW's server, so you might as well leave it...unless the picture is just too big (for some reason, people don't like HHW to be in widescreen ;)).  Like BK said, pictures are purged from the server every once in a while.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2006, 12:11:51 PM »

Nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »

BK,
Surely you won't forget your great whitening tooth products!

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2006, 12:32:25 PM »

Hello, just stopped in for a minute. This morning I took special care to make sure Boo was out of the closet (so to speak) before I left.  I shut the closet door, turned around and who was trying to get into the closet again...you uessed it...Boo.  You'd think being locked by accident all day yesterday would make her want to stay away from it. Silly cat

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2006, 12:40:37 PM »

So....tonight is THE night:

The true FINALE of PROJECT RUNWAY!

All will be revealed.
The models are going to strip???

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »

Nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!
I'd rather do the Spanish Panic.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2006, 12:52:27 PM »

For all who may be interested!

Releases next Tuesday!! Woohoo!

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2006, 01:02:04 PM »

This release for next week also looks interesting...a set of German westerns from the 1960s....there is something appealing about this set...must be the historical accuracy that it promises (who knew Gold's gym was around in the old west!).

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2006, 01:22:49 PM »

Thanks, DRs Matt and PennyO for letting me hitch a ride on your cloud!

BTW Matt, if you run out of places to clean at your house...ahem...

And we have an HD TV, too! Come on down!

Thanks for the invitation. I'm afraid I have enough on my hands to keep this place HALFWAY presentable.

Really, I have an old house that breathes dust, and the spiders will take over if I blink my eyes one second longer than I should.

When I was teaching, writing film reviews, and doing the occasional stage play, I never had time to clean my house, and consequently, things were in a terrible mess when I finally retired and had time to do these things for myself. Even now, I really could do a more thorough job than I do, but at least I don't worry about neighbors and friends dropping by like I used to.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2006, 01:25:33 PM »

I'll check out that German western set - hard to know if the transfers will be anamorphic or not or even in their proper ratio, although if it's the same company that put out the German sci-fi films, those were a spotty affair - non-anamorphic transfers with iffy color.  I've heard the German westerns are interesting and have wanted to see them - they were the precursor to spaghetti westerns.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

For all who may be interested!

Releases next Tuesday!! Woohoo!

I'm very happy about this release (though I would rather have had season sets rather than dividing the show's two seasons into three releases). At any rate, I was always a huge ADDAMS FAMILY fan (and not a fan of THE MUNSTERS at all), so I already have my order in for this.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2006, 01:26:38 PM »

Had a nice morning meeting, ate eggs and bacon, and then did my banking, shopping, and mail-getting, and I think I'm completely caught up with everything, so I can now relax for a couple of hours, which is just what the doctor ordered - and continue catching up on my CD listening.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »

Lunch ran very long this afternoon, but I did manage to squeeze in three shows.

I began with last night's BOSTON PUBLIC. I'm playing catch up since I didn't get to see last week's show at all. Am enjoying the "Scott Little" trial a lot. I think the mother did it.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2006, 01:30:24 PM »

Next came VERONICA MARS with a sensational episode with Veronica solving a theft, watching out for her friend Weevil, and trying not to lose her boy friend all at the same time.

The story of the campus rapist is certainly not occupying much screen time each week. I think the producers are trying to see if having mostly closed-ended episodes will help the show's popularity.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2006, 01:31:44 PM »

And I finished my afternoon viewing with Monday night's OLD CHRISTINE. Wanda Sykes was the guest, and there was some funny stuff between the show's two ladies. I also liked that none of it took place at school this week, since those bitchy soccer moms can get old with a steady diet of their hurtful remarks.

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2006, 02:04:51 PM »

Overnight ratings news:

DANCING WITH THE STARS drew more than a million more viewers last night, presumably eager to find out what Sara Evans was really going to do about the competition. No other show was even close to it in the ratings last night.

A brief ray of hope for FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS: it gained about 300,000 viewers last night from the previous week, so that should keep the ax at bay for at least another week.

BOSTON LEGAL had its best ratings since March last night. Still #2 in the time slot, but ABC has to be pleased now with its Tuesday line-up. Now, what they'll do when DANCING WITH THE STARS is over is anyone's guess.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2006, 02:27:43 PM »

Off to clean the den now and then back to last night's SVU and more DVD episodes of THE OFFICE.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

Really, I have an old house that breathes dust, and the spiders will take over if I blink my eyes one second longer than I should.

I don't worry about neighbors and friends dropping by like I used to.

I have 3 old houses---the one we're in is 83 years old (I've been here for 25 of them) and our dream house that we'll never live in is over 100. The house we will move to in Atlanta is a shack that's over 100 years old. Spiders have taken over a long time ago. With tongue and groove ceilings, there's a constant trickling of dust.

And then there's 4 cats, lots of CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes and piles of paperwork of every sort.

My friends know better than to drop by, without at least taking a ClaratinŽ!

I LOVE old houses ---I could never see myself living in a new one...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2006, 02:31:12 PM »

Off to show my work to the Mercer producer...she just flew in from Spain and is taking my DVD up to NY tomorrow for a meeting with the Mercer foundation. Maybe BK will see her in the airport!

Since we interviewed Alan Bergman, I'm going to play her "You Must Believe In Spring" by Guy Haines. *Swoon* and *weep*!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2006, 03:10:20 PM »

This release for next week also looks interesting...a set of German westerns from the 1960s....there is something appealing about this set...must be the historical accuracy that it promises (who knew Gold's gym was around in the old west!).

Dear MB -- I really had a good laugh, when I finally read the small print at the bottom under the picture of the studly Indian !  So many meanings!

By the way,....what do you want for your birthday?

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »

The Foundation Center 50th Anniversary event went swimmingly - we had about 60 people in attendance, an informative panel, and good questions and comments from the audience.  My workday ended at 3:30 and, even better, I don't go in at all tomorrow.  I've taken a vacation day to accompany DH Richard to a retired teachers' luncheon, where the featured speaker is someone from

Graeters

In preparation for that, I'm wearing my sweatshirt that says, "There's nothing wrong with me that a little ice cream won't fix," right next to a picture of an ice cream cone.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up