Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BECKONING BED  (Read 18823 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE BECKONING BED
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »

td, come to Joe Allen tonight - 8:15 and we'll probably be there a few hours as elmore has QUESTIONS!

Safari suddenly started working just fine.  I'm very happy with my hotel room - it's just one room but spacious, has a nice big bed, a nice desk with free high speed wireless Internet, a nice chair, a nice bathroom, a small regrigerator, a microwave.  Even a widescreen TV.  And I think the rates are probably reasonable when it's not this crazy time of year.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2006, 03:27:08 PM »

Unfortunately I will not be able to join in the HHW gathering this time round - hugs to all  and when you talk about me (and you will) * say something nice!!   :-* ;D

Are you almost sleeping with a seventeen year old boy?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2006, 03:33:02 PM »

Holy Moly on Rye! I forgot that tonight is HAIRSPRAY at the Orpheum. Good thing I don't have to go out of town to see it.  Well I have 2 hours to curtain so there's plenty of time to get ready

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2006, 03:33:11 PM »

Yes, I did...and a very nice link it was!  :D

I even printed out Sebastian's work out routine! LOL! Since I am hoping to get myself all buffed up for my LA trip...you never know who you might run into in LA!

Yeah Mike, but at their age they won't notice your body anyway!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »

GOOD HEALTH VIBES
[/color][/b]

TO DP ANT!
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2006, 03:36:58 PM »

Apparently no one can make the gathering, which is most unseemly (not the gathering itself, just those who can't make it).  So, we're going out to dinner instead and all of the WUSSBURGERS can go about their business.

I had a phone message from Tomovoz, who is cruising through LA now - I guess I won't be seeing him.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2006, 03:37:55 PM »

DR TCB,
Wasn't it you who mentioned MY BROTHER NIKHIL? Thanks for the recommendation. After some effort I was able to find a copy. It is not available through the normal distribution channels (or Netflix), but Jim at videovault.com was kind enough to do some hunting, located a copy, and procured it for his store. Nice film. Quite moving. For those interested, it is the story of a champion swimmer in India who has AIDS. Much higher quality than the little bit of Bollywood I had seen. VideoVault does mail-order.

JRand56, another MY BROTHER NIKHIL convert! Glad that you enjoyed it Jeanne! The CD soundtrack is available as well, if you happened to enjoy the music.

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

My mother and I now have tickets to see THE NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS on Saturday night! Woohoo!

My sister wanted to go but she will be out of town.

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2006, 03:52:01 PM »

Off to my book group - we're discussing the panda book whose author we heard speak about a month ago.

DR Cillaliz - have fun at Hairspray!

Hi to everybody who'll be at Joe Allen!

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2006, 04:01:03 PM »

Just got a brand new dishwasher installed.  We're very excited.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »

Good, I'll bring some dirty dishes as a special gift tomorrow night.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2006, 04:04:40 PM »

Good afternoon all lovely H/Ks.......  I had a productive morning (which also generates some "billable time"), and now catching my breath before a couple of things to do this evening.  I just thought I'd peek in and say hello.

Dear Esteemed BK -- I'm glad that your flight and car connection both went smoothly.  Just for future reference, what is the name of your hotel this time, and its location??  I always fret over picking out a hotel in midtown.....I've had really great deals with a nice room, and really crappy deals with a very sub-standard room.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2006, 04:16:17 PM »

I've written dear reader Michael Shayne a bitch-slapping e-mail.  We'll see what his response is.

MusicGuy, I'm in the Hilton Garden on Eight between 48th and 49th.  Hilton took this place over last year and have completely renovated it.  I, of course, can't remember what it was (can anyone?) but it was fairly cheesy prior to this.  I'm very picky about hotels and I'm more than happy here.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2006, 04:17:53 PM »

Good Evening!

Another day of She Loves Me rehearsals has come and gone...  And I have to say, I can't wait for the next one, tomorrow.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2006, 04:24:43 PM »

In other news...

Well, there really is no other news right now...  However, I'm sure I'll have something to report later.  I think.  I hope...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2006, 04:29:17 PM »

Quote from: MBarnum on Today at 12:06:37pm
Yes, I did...and a very nice link it was!  

I even printed out Sebastian's work out routine! LOL! Since I am hoping to get myself all buffed up for my LA trip...you never know who you might run into in LA!

Yeah Mike, but at their age they won't notice your body anyway!
[/i]
There is the touch method, y'know.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2006, 04:31:07 PM »

Good, I'll bring some dirty dishes as a special gift tomorrow night.
I'm certain Joe Allen has it's own dishwasher.

Or do you mean another kind of dish???

:o :o :o

;D ;D ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2006, 04:32:26 PM »

Time to dig up a recipe for venison tenderlon.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2006, 04:37:31 PM »

Here is a fantastic interview with Tim Gunn from the Chicago Tribune.  

It's post-Project Runway 3 and offers some keen insights into the designers and season 3!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2006, 04:38:16 PM »

Loved his comments on Vincent "delusional" Libretti!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »

I've written dear reader Michael Shayne a bitch-slapping e-mail.  We'll see what his response is.

MusicGuy, I'm in the Hilton Garden on Eight between 48th and 49th.  Hilton took this place over last year and have completely renovated it.  I, of course, can't remember what it was (can anyone?) but it was fairly cheesy prior to this.  I'm very picky about hotels and I'm more than happy here.

Thanks very much BK -- I'll tuck that away for future reference.  Hope you have a great time at Joe Allen's later.  What do you think about the feasibilty of me trying to arrange either lunch or dinner on Sat. Dec. 9th at Musso & Franks for the H/Ks that will be in town?  If it were lunch, maybe you could attend (although you may be swamped with Brain stuff).

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2006, 04:56:48 PM »

Next came last night's episode of THE NINE. We got to see early in the first hour of the hostage situation along with the continuing aftermath after they were freed. Compelling stuff, I think. The final scene in the living room had me on the verge of tears.

Do you know if they are going to replay the first few episodes. I missed them due to the last episodes of project runway.  I've seen approximately 1 1/2 episodes of this show and I think I'd like to add it to my repitoire.

MBarnum

« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2006, 05:00:05 PM »

DR Musicguy, there is going to be some type of get together after the play on Saturday, I believe, but I don't recall if BK mentioned where it might be.

However, if anyone is planning on goind to dinner prior to the play on Saturday be sure to let me know as I am sure to want to fill my tummy prior to the evenings entertainment.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2006, 05:05:14 PM »

Also read that actor T. R. Knight who plays the straight surgeon George O'Malley on GREy'S ANATOMY has come out as a gay man.

I'm guessing this was provoked by actor Isiah Washington calling him  the gay "f-word" on the set the other day which resulted in the scuffle between Washington and Patrick Dempsey which was front page entertainment news last week. (Dempsey was defending his friend from the verbal slam.)

How did I miss this news!? I knew that TR was gay, I have friend's who've worked with him.  But I absolutely love that Patrick Dempsey came to his defense.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2006, 05:08:51 PM »

I am gorging myself on wine and pasta tonight.  Partly because of the ongoing personal stuff that I've been dealing with and partly because I had to deliver some very sad news to a client today.  I don't know what was more upsetting, the subject matter or the fact that she had no noticable emotional reaction.  But, that's the work that I chose to do!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2006, 05:09:42 PM »

BK, I am very bummed to be missing tomorrow night's dinner gathering, and equally bummed that I am missing dinner out tonight.  Ah the perils of not having internet at work!

Are there going to be other gathering opportunities this weekend?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2006, 05:24:37 PM »

I loved the Tim Gunn interview.  Especially his comments about Keith and Vincent. Both of whom, I can say from a clinical perspective, are totally crazy. :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2006, 05:25:14 PM »

Well I do believe it is time for me to sack out on the couch for a bit.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2006, 05:36:53 PM »

I'm off to rehearsal.  I'm going to stop off at my new place and finally be able to check my mail!  I wonder if anything will be there??

Until tonight! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2006, 06:39:18 PM »

Does anyone know who really sings the beautiful "Cheer Up, Charlie" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (The first version!)

DR MattH?....

I just don't believe that the actress from the film, Diane Sowle, does the singing, even more since that sweet voice sounds like Shelby Flint to me!

Just a question! Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 06:39:39 PM by François »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up