Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BECKONING BED  (Read 18770 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE BECKONING BED
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2006, 10:01:29 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE THREE DANCE!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2006, 10:02:13 AM »

Now, it's time for me to go to work...actually, I'm a little late. ::)

Laters! (quoth Jose)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2006, 10:17:51 AM »

It turns out that changing my address with the credit union isn't enough.  There is some other banking entity that has to get my new address and that still won't happen for another 24 hours!!  DAMN THEM!  DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!  I missed out on a free DVD set (potentially two sets) because when I called to change my address at my credit union, they didn't tell me that it would take several days and that I shouldn't use my debit card.  I would've held off changing my address so that I could order these now.  

DR George, I understand your frustration too well.  I've been waiting to get my flight booked to LA since yesterday, when the latest wire payment from the Institute should have come through.  We invocie Monday, pay happens usually Wednesday or Thursday, sometimes Tuesday.  PHI is totally inconsistent about it and completely unsympathetic.  I may lose a good sale on airfares because of their irresponsibility.  It isn't as if we're new workers for them:  we've been working for them nearly 6 years now!  Oy.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 12:50:32 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2006, 10:35:53 AM »

Vibes of health to DR Anthony!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2006, 10:38:05 AM »

BK, Rodzinski has been busy directing a play which as I understand it features DR Ben's DH Ant...and that is why the Rodz has not been seen on this hear site in a while...he is busy being creative!

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2006, 10:39:16 AM »

vibes of the 2 for 1 DVD kind to DR George!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2006, 10:44:52 AM »

I too am a Michael Siberry fan.  I saw him in the nine-hour Nickolas Nickleby when it toured to the Ahmanson in LA.  I also saw him in a wonderfully funny play with British comedian/actor Tony Slattery in the West End, called Neville's Island.  Seems to me I've seen him in one or two other things in London as well.  The local reviewer here in Lexington just did a profile of him for the paper here.  

Favourite Deli Food:  No contest Langer's Pastrami!

George

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2006, 10:48:51 AM »

vibes of the 2 for 1 DVD kind to DR George!

Thanks! :)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 10:49:06 AM by George »

Ben

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2006, 10:58:28 AM »

Not to be any kind of bad news breaker but Anthony won't be doing Tom's (Rodzinski's) play after all. The health issues prevent him from keeping his commitment. He's very disappointed.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2006, 11:20:41 AM »

I have only been to two deli's as far as I can recall...Artie's in New York and one last week in Portland with Tomovoz, JMK, Colin and Jane.

And of the various things I ate during those visits the cold tongue sandwich was my favorite.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2006, 11:20:47 AM »

Good Afternoon!

bk - Hmmm... I guess LAX doesn't have an arrangement with Zip-Loc... At DCA and Dulles, they give out plastic baggies so that people can separate them before they go through the scanner.  -They even did that in Ft. Lauderdale when I flew out of there last week.  Heck, I'd rather keep a gross of plastic bags on hand rather than having to deal with cartons full of discarded toiletries.  Oh, the waste!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »

DR MBarnum - Did you check out the link I provided for you yesterday?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2006, 11:23:49 AM »

As for deli favorites - I'm a chopped liver fan too, but I prefer mine with not too much chopped egg in it.

There was a place called the New York Deli in Richmond that closed about two years ago.  It was pretty good - they even flew in bagels and bialys from H&H every other day.  My favorite thing to order there was a side of Liptauer Cheese with a couple of slices of rye.  Now that was a hearty meal!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2006, 11:24:38 AM »

Well, my lunch break is coming to and end, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »

DRs elmore and charles pogue,
I also like Michael Siberry. I don't recall him from Jeeves and Wooster, though. I wasn't familiar with him in those days, which would explain it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2006, 11:37:23 AM »

Deli favorite:
Tuna sandwich with lettuce and tomato on REALLY FRESH rye bread. At one time I was a pastrami fan, but it's just too fatty for me now. Bleeeh!

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2006, 11:47:53 AM »

DH Richard and I have returned from the retired teachers' luncheon.  The speaker from Graeter's is a chocolatier, so she talked about their candies, not their ice cream (although she confirmed my suspicion that they use their own chocolate chunks in their chip ice cream flavors).  We each received four chocolates:  a buttercream, a butterscotch caramel, a honeycomb chip, and a coffee truffle.  Richard gave me his coffee truffle and took my honeycomb chip in return.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2006, 11:51:06 AM »

And the word of the day is: REFULGENT!
Casey would waltz
With a REFULGENT blonde
And the band played "Moonglow," "Sunshine On My Shoulder," and "You Light Up My Life."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2006, 12:01:27 PM »

Having a nice, lazy day here, a day off from work.  I was up earlier (the doggies wanted their first breakfast), then went back to bed and woke up again much later (and the doggies had a second breakfast), and I may take a nap later still.

I hope someone in NYC can loan our esteemed BK an umbrella - looks like rain is scheduled for tomorrow.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2006, 12:06:07 PM »

DR Ginny, I love Michael Siberry!  I don't know him personally, but I saw him in Peter Hall's production of THE MERCHANT OF VENICE with Dustin Hoffman, Nathaniel Parker  and Leigh Lawson.  My memory is that he played Gratiano.  I helped Dustin with research on the play and got a lovely gift from his office.  This production is how I met Ben Browder who later became a TV star on FARSCAPE.

Michael Siberry, if I remember correctly, played Nicholas Nickleby when the RSC brought the 8-hour production back to Broadway.  He's quite funny in the Jeeves & Wooster series with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry.

Thanks for the insights.  DH Richard and DS Rob (especially DS) are great fans of Farscape.  Rob will be thrilled to learn that you know Crichton  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2006, 12:06:37 PM »

DR MBarnum - Did you check out the link I provided for you yesterday?

;)

Yes, I did...and a very nice link it was!  :D

I even printed out Sebastian's work out routine! LOL! Since I am hoping to get myself all buffed up for my LA trip...you never know who you might run into in LA!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »

I even printed out Sebastian's work out routine! LOL! Since I am hoping to get myself all buffed up for my LA trip...you never know who you might run into in LA!

-With or without your shirt on?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2006, 12:55:26 PM »

Wow, I just found out that The New Christy Minstrels are playing in Salem this weekend! Who knew?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »

Wow, I just found out that The New Christy Minstrels are playing in Salem this weekend! Who knew?

Aren't they dead?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »

Aren't they dead?

You're thinking of the OLD Christy Minstrels...they're all dead and gone.

;)

George

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2006, 01:13:42 PM »

I just got back from lunch and the keys to my new mailbox have arrived!!  Now, I just need to find out which mailbox is mine. :-\

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2006, 01:15:52 PM »

We have never seen the sun today, but the rain never arrived, at least not yet. But it's been a pretty dreary day otherwise.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2006, 01:19:46 PM »

Oh, I'd be there for sure!  Are they touring?

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2006, 01:19:48 PM »

I had a full afternoon of viewing treats. I began with the Betty Hutton interview on TCM. She's a survivor, but I couldn't help feeling sorry for her watching the interview. Someone so insecure, unhappy, and grasping for security. Very sad.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2006, 01:21:09 PM »

Next came last night's episode of THE NINE. We got to see early in the first hour of the hostage situation along with the continuing aftermath after they were freed. Compelling stuff, I think. The final scene in the living room had me on the verge of tears.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up