Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BECKONING BED  (Read 18790 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE BECKONING BED
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2006, 01:22:45 PM »

CSI: NY had two cases. One involved the murder of one of the Suicide Girls. (I'd never heard of this, but apparently, they do exist.) The other involved the death of a street basketball player who just happened to beat an NBA player in a neighborhood game of hoops. Good cases.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2006, 01:26:37 PM »

Page Four WIND IN THE WILLOWS Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2006, 01:28:27 PM »

I finished the afternoon with Tuesday night's SVU. It was a case involving a rapist who kept returning to the womnen he had raped and continued raping them multiple times. Thogh spotting the culprit was very easy, the eventual motive was quite a surprise.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »

I forgot to mention that while I cooked lunch, I watched the last episode on the first disc in THE OFFICE second season set. This was called "The Fight" where Michael and Dwight have a karate fight (but which actually ends up like two squabbling kids fighting in an elementary school yard).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2006, 01:35:50 PM »

I'm in New York, New York so start spreadin' the news.   We arrived right on time, my car was there in five minutes, and the ride into the city, unlike three weeks ago, was amazing - twenty-five minutes from Newark to the hotel. and not a lick of traffic.  What's amazing is that it's a Thursday - last time I came in on a Sunday at the same time - wouldn't you think THAT would be the easy traffic day?

I'm very happy with my hotel room, other than the fact that their high speed Internet doesn't like Safari - AOL works perfectly, but when you open Safari it tries to redirect you a million times to take you to your home page and you never get there - also, I can't even get to websites via Safari.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2006, 01:37:01 PM »

which we'll see a week from Sunday.  It mentions Rick Holmes - could that be the same Richard Holmes whose performances we used to enjoy in the now-defunct Whitewater/Sorg Opera productions?  I've tried to sort this out on the internet, but just get more confused.

Ginny, Rick Holmes is probably this guy http://www.ibdb.com/person.asp?ID=71585

The Opera Richard Holmes is here http://www.realmutoartists.com/holmes.htm
He is Rupert Holmes' brother.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2006, 01:38:25 PM »

Ok, I just emptied every bank account to buy my flights for "The Brain From Planet X."  I'm taking our DR PennyO's JetBlue special to Burbank and back.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2006, 01:39:05 PM »

I wouldn't think Sunday would ever be a good day for travelling, esteemed BK.  That's when everyone returns from wherever they went on Friday.  Travel is always much easier on any other day than the weekends.

Glad to know you've made it to town safely.

Sorry about Safari.

Now, DOES ANYONE HAVE AN UMBRELLA TO LOAN OUR BK???
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »

I've known Richard Holmes for over 15 years and never knew he was Rupert's brother!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2006, 01:43:24 PM »

I even have this recording of Menotti's "The Telephone" with Richard Holmes!

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »

I've known Richard Holmes for over 15 years and never knew he was Rupert's brother!

He is.  I've never met him, but he has good friends in Sioux City - I met one of them when I was having coffee when I got back from NYC. He had been in New York at exactly the same time I was and was hanging out with Richard. We got a kick out of it and both ran home to email the respective brothers.

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2006, 01:48:05 PM »

LOL! Stephen Rogers Radcliffe was the conductor of the Sioux City Symphony before Xian Zhang.  I knew him and was at his house after the Iowa Caucuses with a group of Howard Dean staffers.  

td

• td
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2006, 01:49:16 PM »

Greetings from the upper West Side - Columbus Ave, to be precise!
Gorgeous flight, less than an hour and a half; much walking done in town, now, it's off to shower and head back downtown where at some point, I shall indeed catch up with BK!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »

Thanks for helping me sort this out.  And, please, please, please, next time you're in touch with Rupert tell him how much we enjoyed Richard's performances here at the Sorg Opera House.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2006, 01:54:53 PM »

Thanks for helping me sort this out.  And, please, please, please, next time you're in touch with Rupert tell him how much we enjoyed Richard's performances here at the Sorg Opera House.

Will do

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2006, 01:58:29 PM »

[size=8]Save the cheerleader....

...save the World![/size]
[/color]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »

Save the cheerleader....

...save the World!

Ok, maybe I missed the explanation, but what on earth is this about?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2006, 02:01:07 PM »

What's the news on the Rialto about the evil Ms Laura Bennett and her gloating over winning Pwoject Wunway?  I'll bet she's now  the color of the dress she didn't show!  Hee hee.

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2006, 02:01:15 PM »

Oh, I'd be there for sure!  Are they touring?

Yes, I think they still get around quite a bit!

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2006, 02:01:15 PM »

I was wondering the same thing...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2006, 02:04:41 PM »

DR TCB,
Wasn't it you who mentioned MY BROTHER NIKHIL? Thanks for the recommendation. After some effort I was able to find a copy. It is not available through the normal distribution channels (or Netflix), but Jim at videovault.com was kind enough to do some hunting, located a copy, and procured it for his store. Nice film. Quite moving. For those interested, it is the story of a champion swimmer in India who has AIDS. Much higher quality than the little bit of Bollywood I had seen. VideoVault does mail-order.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2006, 02:10:09 PM »

It's from the NBC TV series HEROES. The cheerleader character is capable of recovering from any injury, and with the end of the world predicted, her ability to regenerate is going to be a key in saving the world. (All this is speculation, of course.)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2006, 02:10:58 PM »

When I was going to Western Washington University, the music department put on "Gallantry - A Soap Opera" and I was the (fake) camera operator!  It was a lot of fun!  I never knew that it had been recorded!  (nor did I ever even think to look to see if it had been recorded. ::))

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2006, 02:11:55 PM »

I read this afternoon that NBC is going to give FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS a tryout on Monday night, October 30th at 10 p.m. in the STUDIO 60 timeslot. They've also ordered another nine scripts, though the show has not been given the go-ahead to film anything past the first 13 episodes.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

DR Elmore - The Telephone reminded me of The Medium which reminded me of VELCRO!  Backstage nightmare!

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2006, 02:14:45 PM »

Also read that actor T. R. Knight who plays the straight surgeon George O'Malley on GREy'S ANATOMY has come out as a gay man.

I'm guessing this was provoked by actor Isiah Washington calling him  the gay "f-word" on the set the other day which resulted in the scuffle between Washington and Patrick Dempsey which was front page entertainment news last week. (Dempsey was defending his friend from the verbal slam.)

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2006, 02:29:44 PM »

It's from the NBC TV series HEROES. The cheerleader character is capable of recovering from any injury, and with the end of the world predicted, her ability to regenerate is going to be a key in saving the world. (All this is speculation, of course.)

Thanks Matt.

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2006, 02:30:44 PM »

Got some computer chores to take care of, and then it's off to cleaning the bedroom areas and back to the den for a full night of viewing.

WBBL.

td

• td
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2006, 02:38:13 PM »

I wonder if the esteemed Guy Haines is also in NYC this weekend. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2006, 02:43:22 PM »

Also read that actor T. R. Knight who plays the straight surgeon George O'Malley on GREy'S ANATOMY has come out as a gay man.

I'm guessing this was provoked by actor Isiah Washington calling him  the gay "f-word" on the set the other day which resulted in the scuffle between Washington and Patrick Dempsey which was front page entertainment news last week. (Dempsey was defending his friend from the verbal slam.)

Good for T.R.!  And kudos to Dempsey for defending him! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up