Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FINE FETTLE  (Read 20720 times)

FJL

Re:FINE FETTLE
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 05:44:40 AM »

And one for Morales

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 05:46:16 AM »

...Off to work.   :P

I'm at work already, DR JRand, and thinking that 2 weeks ago, I took the bus down 5th Ave. to The Foundation Center in NYC for my last work Saturday.

Add my vibes for BK and his recording staff, the performers, and the lucky audience at tonight's concert.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2006, 05:46:37 AM »

Yamil Borges ....  Diana Morales
 Jan Gan Boyd ....  Connie Wong
 Sharon Brown ....  Kim
 Gregg Burge ....  Richie Walters
 Cameron English ....  Paul San Marco
 Tony Fields ....  Al DeLuca
 Nicole Fosse ....  Kristine Evelyn Erlich-DeLuca
 Vicki Frederick ....  Sheila Bryant
 Michelle Johnston ....  Beatrice Ann 'Bebe' Benson
 Janet Jones ....  Judy Monroe
 Pam Klinger ....  Maggie Winslow
Audrey Landers ....  Val Clarke
 Terrence Mann ....  Larry
 Charles McGowan ....  Mike Cass
 Alyson Reed ....  Cassie
 Justin Ross ....  Greg Gardner
 Blane Savage ....  Don
 Matt West ....  Bobby Mills III
Michael Douglas ....  Zach

No wait they were already in it. Thank you Richard Attenborough
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2006, 05:50:11 AM »

BREAK A LEG BK
and AR & ES
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2006, 05:56:25 AM »

As soon as I get home from work tonight, I'll jump out of my car and into DH Richard's car for the drive to Oxford, OH, where we will enjoy a concert by the Miami University Men's Glee Club.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2006, 06:14:57 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, a half-hour before my wake up call (but I've been in bed staring at the ceiling since eight-thirty).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2006, 06:22:50 AM »

Is there a mirror on that ceiling?

Just kidding.   ::)

Time for me to head off to work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2006, 07:01:20 AM »

Waiting for my assistant to get off his lazy ASS and turn on his cell phone so he can call me.  I need him to print out my boarding pass before coming here.  I've already shaved and will shower shortly or shortly shower.

FJL

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2006, 07:07:01 AM »

The Ripley/Skinner concert is THE very top story on playbill.com today, as well it should be.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2006, 07:15:30 AM »

Good morning!

It's a gorgeous fall day. It's in the 50s right now and not expected out of the 60s - perfect October weather.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2006, 07:18:00 AM »

Except a few of the casting ideas in the CHORUS LINE movie were just fine. I had no problem with Vicki Frederick as Sheila (though I saw her as Cassie in NYC), Matt West as Bobby, Justin Ross as Greg, they were excellent, Greg Burge as Ritchie.

Bobby is the character who sings about Troy Donahue.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2006, 07:18:45 AM »

Yesterday, JRand posted:I assume that corporate sponsoring was not provided by KoolAid?

This was playing at the festival where we premiered S&V. We didn't get to see it because we had some obligations to fill, but everyone I talked to who had seen it said that it was very powerful and well-done. I will probably try to catch it if it shows here.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2006, 07:25:54 AM »

My bad CHORUS LINE:

Cassie - Rosie O'Donnell
Zach - Michael Jackson
Diana - Kristin Chenoweth
Mike - Mickey Rooney
Greg - Sylvester Stallone
Ritchie - Macauley Culkin
Connie - Queen Latifah
Bobby - Vin Diesel
Val - Ellen Degeneres

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2006, 07:29:08 AM »

I haven't decided if I want to watch HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS in high definition on ABC tonight. Yes, I'll have to endure commercials, but I may watch at least a part of it just to do some spot comparisons between the standard definition DVD (which looks simply wonderful), and ABC's HD broadcast.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2006, 07:31:42 AM »

Since the mailman brougfht my Movie Masterpiece collection late yesterday afternoon (long after he had put mail in my regular mailbox; even left it at a different door), I may be enjoying DAVID COPPERFIELD today, and if not today, certainly tomorrow. It's over two hours, so I have to find the time to watch from beginning to end.

Edisaurus

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2006, 07:32:08 AM »

I've never seen ACL. That is from the era where I never had any money to see live theatre, so I know nothing about the show, other than the songs. Are you going to kick me out of the community now?

I went to see Randy Newman with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra last night. A small group of us got together with him afterwards. I dragged along ones of the cellists, an old friend of mine. We told Randy about how I couldn't afford a ticket when he premiered the album "Good Old Boys" with the symphony over 30 years ago, with Uncle Emil conducting. My friend Paul just "happened" to let me know when the rehearsals were and which door to sneak in. He also let me know when to show up to sneak in after intermission. Ah...good times!

We all thought it was funny that here we all were again 30 years later, only this time I was on the fourth row with my cute little French boy.
(He's almost 40, but he started visiting me every year since he was in high school on an exhange program, so he's always been known by my friends as "My Little French Boy".)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2006, 07:33:48 AM »

I just realized that the last post makes me sound like a real "Edisaurus"!

Edisaurus

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2006, 07:35:37 AM »

My bad CHORUS LINE:

Cassie - Rosie O'Donnell
Zach - Michael Jackson
Diana - Kristin Chenoweth
Mike - Mickey Rooney
Greg - Sylvester Stallone
Ritchie - Macauley Culkin
Connie - Queen Latifah
Bobby - Vin Diesel
Val - Ellen Degeneres

Even though I know nothing about the show, I would just like to see the above collectively on one stage. The sun might explode!

Michael

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2006, 07:37:13 AM »

Was Town Hall ever used as a Broadway Theater for musicals or plays?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2006, 07:38:01 AM »

Even though I know nothing about the show, I would just like to see the above collectively on one stage. The sun might explode!

DON"T RENT the movie. You still won't know anything about the show
Never stop dreaming.

Edisaurus

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 07:58:40 AM »

DON"T RENT the movie. You still won't know anything about the show

I'm picking up what you're laying down!

I'll just have to wait for the next revival...

Edisaurus

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2006, 07:59:20 AM »

Was Town Hall ever used as a Broadway Theater for musicals or plays?

I've only seen concerts there.

Ben

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2006, 08:02:53 AM »

Town Hall was not built as a theatre but as a meeting place. It's been used as a performing space and theatrical performances have taken place in Town Hall but the main function when it was built was to provide a place for lectures and discussions to educate the public. I'm sure our own DR Edisaurus knows about a meeting which was held at Town Hall on the second anniversary of the execution of Sacco & Vanzetti. It was held at the Hall when officials in Boston denied the use of Fanueil Hall for the event.

You can click on the link to find out all you ever wanted to know (and more) about Town Hall.

And it's true, there is really not a bad seat in the house. It's one of the places in New York which has amazing acoustics. The New York Cabaret Convention and the Broadway Unplugged concerts are held at Town Hall because singing without a microphone is easier to do when the acoustics are good.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

When A CHORUS LINE the Movie came out, I told a friend that if he had never seen a CHORUS LINE on stage, he might have an OK time as long as he understood that he wasn't seeing the REAL show. For those of us intimately knowledgeable about the stage version, the movie was such a travesty that it hurt - a real lost opportunity.

I think the film can be marginally entertaining with no prior knowledge of what came first.

But then, I was so hungry for movie musicals back then (there were almost none) that I was probably easier on it than I should have been.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 08:08:56 AM by Matt H. »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2006, 08:08:16 AM »

Showered and still haven't heard from my assistant, Jonathan.  This is what drives me crazy about him - I'm sure he's still fast asleep or maybe he's just too inane to turn on his cell phone, even though I told him I'd be calling him in the MORNING.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2006, 08:11:10 AM »

I'm heading down now to get some household things accomplished before starting to prepare my lunch.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2006, 08:39:09 AM »

Happily, they have a business center here so I just went downstairs and printed out my boarding pass myself.  I just left my assistant a message - I think you can imagine its tone.

Edisaurus

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2006, 08:42:03 AM »

Town Hall was not built as a theatre but as a meeting place.... I'm sure our own DR Edisaurus knows about a meeting which was held at Town Hall on the second anniversary of the execution of Sacco & Vanzetti. It was held at the Hall when officials in Boston denied the use of Fanueil Hall for the event.

No, I didn't know that! I'm sure my partner Peter does, he's so much more familiar with the case than I am. (He's from Boston, too.)

I just heard today that we may be "opening out of town". We had planned to premiere the film at the IFC Center in NYC but the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, which I'm told is a very good venue, wants to screen it for a week the end of Jan./early Feb. which is earlier than we had planned to release it. So I think we're going to go for it. It will be connected to Human Rights Watch week, so it should draw a good crowd because of local interest.

We hope it will garner some good reviews to help us when we release it in NY a few weeks later.

I googled S&V and Town Hall and saw mention of this meeting in 1929. The same year, Andrés Segovia performed there. I used to go see Segovia whenever possible. So, yes, now I know I'm OLD!

Edisaurus

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2006, 08:43:12 AM »

I'm sure he's still fast asleep or maybe he's just too inane to turn on his cell phone, even though I told him I'd be calling him in the MORNING.

He should have had a back-up wake up call.

Kids!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2006, 08:46:15 AM »

Well, I might mosey on downstairs and have a Diet Coke in the little restaurant on the corner.  Of course, my assistant has some info that I need in order to pay people today, but I guess we'll deal with that whenever he decides to get out of bed.  He also has the hard drive we'll be backing up to - it will be very nice if he shows up at the theater with it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up