Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN SALAD  (Read 17440 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CHICKEN SALAD
« on: October 27, 2006, 12:36:56 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a chicken salad sort of theme to them, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're having a cow salad sort of theme.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:13:32 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:CHICKEN SALAD
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:38:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: CANOODLE!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:12:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: CANOODLE!

That is just a larger version of a can oodle

CANE DOOL!!!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 01:13:47 AM »

Media check:

DVD player: Monsoon Wedding
VHS: Blake's  7
CD: Gael Force, Down the Old Plank Road, Sean O Riada
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 01:15:41 AM »

You mentioned Chili Fries in your post... They are an excellent treat!

I love to get cheese sauce for my fries... or Ranch Dressing

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 01:16:15 AM »

Topic of the Day:

In my VCRs:  tapes to tape tonight's shows ("Doctor Who," "Battlestar Galactica" and "Las Vegas") and I'll watch "Ghost Whisperer" and "Men In Trees."

In my DVD player:  from Netflix:  "Happy Endings" (that I've had since May ::)), "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" and "The Conversation."  These last two, I just got a couple of weeks ago, so that's not so bad.

In my CD player:  several new things that I recently got, that are all at work, so I'll have to list those when I get to work.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 01:17:25 AM »

BTW, I made chicken salad earlier in the week...

George

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 01:17:39 AM »

I don't know if he'll come back soon, but BK, as of right now, yesterday's topic is still open for posting.  Just thought you'd like to know.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 01:18:04 AM »

George, how is the new abode?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 01:18:43 AM »

I noted that.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 01:19:12 AM »

But we will be nice and pretend that it is locked!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 01:20:00 AM »

Are you watching the first or second season of Doctor Who?

George

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 01:23:32 AM »

George, how is the new abode?

Still messy and getting more so. ::) But I'm getting used to living here more and more each day.  

:D

George

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 01:24:51 AM »

Are you watching the first or second season of Doctor Who?

The second season.  It's quite good and I like the new Doctor.  I still prefer Christopher (so far), but David's a good follow up. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 01:27:29 AM »

Have you seen the eppie with Sarah jane?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 01:27:49 AM »

Glad to hear you are getting settled into the new abode.

George

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 01:33:41 AM »

Have you seen the eppie with Sarah jane?

I saw it and I think that it was on last week.  I never saw her original episodes, but this was a very good episode.  I like it when shows bring back former actors or characters.  The remake "Battlestar Galactica" series brought back the original Apollo, Richard Hatch, but here he's playing a different character.  And he's a recurring chacter, not just a one-time guest spot.  That's pretty cool. :)

George

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 01:36:48 AM »

Well...good night, DakotaCelt.  My sister and I are going to Ikea this afternoon and I need to get enough sleep, because the place is about an hour away from where we live and I don't want to fall asleep while driving!  That would not be good.

Sleep well! 8)

And you just posted your 4900th post!  Only 100 more to go till you hit the 5000 milestone! ;)

George

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 01:37:24 AM »

And since I'm so close...

George

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 01:37:55 AM »

My Gratuitous Post #9700!

;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 01:40:49 AM »

Cool, thanks!!!

I never noticed and you are only 301 posts from 10,000.

Tomovoz

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 02:09:00 AM »

I know it's a Cliché!  
Taken from the train window on the glorious across Canada journey.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2006, 02:11:34 AM »

A few minutes later!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 02:15:01 AM »

The Rockies.  Beautiful.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2006, 02:16:03 AM »

TOTD:  My listening is Jose's fault. I'll leave it at that.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 02:16:54 AM »

Tomorrow's happy snaps will be "Toronto".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 03:45:57 AM »

Early Friday morning greetings!  Have to leave the house almost an hour earlier than usual to meet 2 coworkers/friends and proceed to Staff Day.  I will be E&T all day and again tomorrow when I have to leave even earlier to go to Columbus for an AAUW board meeting.  

Tomorrow's happy snaps will be "Toronto".

And they will be as lovely as all the ones that have preceeded them, I'm sure!  I've enjoyed the people photos and seeing North America through your eyes.  Maybe your next trip will bring you to the Midwest!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2006, 04:04:57 AM »

Thank you DR Ginny.  Thanks also to DRs George and MBarnum for the photographic record and comments.  Yes! I'm still catching up.
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 04:19:49 AM »

I will be E&T all day and again tomorrow

I keep meaning to ask: what is E&T? Is it anything like MIA?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2006, 04:26:54 AM »

Good morning, all!

edi, E&T is an abbreviation for "Errant and Truant."

I have to run to Toyland for a bit to use the fax, then stop at the NYPL Theatre collection.  After that, more brain surgery.

TOD:  
  CD:  Guy Haines, The Brain from Planet X, Susan Egan's Holiday album
  DVD:  Three Netflix items on hold for the Brain
  VCR:  Nothin' stops me there!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up