Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO TO ONE  (Read 45859 times)

Cillaliz

Re:TWO TO ONE
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2006, 07:02:42 AM »

Yes, I saw that GREY GARDENS is coming on tonight as someting of an assist for the Broadway opening of the musical version. I will record it to watch at some point this week. I bought the cast CD of the show, but I haven't listened to it yet.

I think you'll like the music on the CD. After seeing the doc, I was surprised at how up a lot of the music is.  I wouldn't mind seeing the musical again. We saw it early in previews and I hear they have changed a lot. When we saw it, there were several songs that are on the CD but had been removed from the show and several added.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2006, 07:03:31 AM »

I've been up since early this morning, too. I brought out the ironing board and iron and pressed some things for the first time in years. Glad to know the iron still works since I've just worn permanent press things for so long. But these clothes had been sitting in a drawer all summer and needed some touching up.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2006, 07:05:26 AM »

Page 2 Little Edie Dance

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 07:06:06 AM »

When we went to Grey Gardens they handed out pins that had Litte Edie quotes on them. They were fun

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 07:06:14 AM »

I reported on the one-time showing of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS this Monday a couple of weeks ago when NBC first decided to try it (STUDIO 60 was going to be a rerun anyway). This same episode is also going to show in FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS' regular time period on Tuesday.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 07:08:29 AM »

I really know very little about GREY GARDENS, which is why I haven't listened to the cast album yet. After I watch the movie tonight, I'm sure I'll be more eager to check out the CD.

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2006, 07:11:40 AM »

I really know very little about GREY GARDENS, which is why I haven't listened to the cast album yet. After I watch the movie tonight, I'm sure I'll be more eager to check out the CD.

People have mixed reactions to the documentary. It upsets some, fascinates some and amuses some. I'll be curious to see your reaction

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2006, 07:12:40 AM »

Ready for your OMG eBay moment department:  Remember when I posted about this mad bidder who was spending hundreds of thousands on the Culver Pictures archive that is slowly being auctioned.  Take a gander here:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=ozzie90071&sort=3&page=6&rows=200&completed=1&all=1

Click on page 6 and scroll down three or four listings and look at the bucks he and another bidder dropped last night.  I truly cannot believe it!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 07:12:51 AM »

Ben Bradlee and his wife live in Grey Gardens now. I've seen photos, it looks MUCH better...

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2006, 07:16:15 AM »

Well, think I'll go put on my work clothes and head out into the yard.  Laters

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 07:27:07 AM »

Well if they MISS Grey Gardens it won't be OUR fault.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 07:29:55 AM »

I had mixed feelings about the documentary in the 1970's, but I think my feelings will be different after a decade of "reality" tv and stars.  We shall see.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 07:47:45 AM »

Have more little chores around the house to tend to, so heading downstairs now to do them.

WBBL.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 07:52:09 AM »

I ended with everything connected and nothing working.

A quote of a line given to St. Peter by from a new-arrival complaining of his surgeon!

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2006, 07:53:09 AM »

My goodness I'm up early, and yet not really.  I would have slept later but I forgot to turn off the heat last night, and it was too darn hot this morning.  

I think the reuse of words of the day will become more prevalent, as I have no memory of what words I've used before.

MattH - rubber masks are plentiful in MI3

DERBRUCER

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2006, 07:58:40 AM »

My Muse of Constant Criticism commands my uxurious attention:

Dear Esteemed BK:

It is Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight Savings Time.

der Brucer

FJL

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2006, 07:59:49 AM »

Off to the River Cafe (in my jacket) to yell "Surprise" at my friend's 80 year old mom.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2006, 08:01:48 AM »

QUOTE FOR THE DAY
Concerning Daylight Saving Time:

"It seems very strange . . . that in the course of the world's history so obvious an improvement should never have been adopted. . . . The next generation of Britishers would be the better for having had this extra hour of daylight in their childhood."
    —Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2006, 08:05:33 AM »

While reading a restuarant review

of Iron Chef Morimoto's joint, I was reminded of DR Edisaurus:

Sea urchin dissolved on my tongue like chantilly cream whipped with sea foam. And thin slices of live scallop slipped down my throat like disks of sweet sea-sugar.

der Brucer

FJL

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 08:14:15 AM »

To Francois - Forgive me if I stepped over any lines yesterday.  I certainly didn't mean to suggest that the American concept, where there is with some limits an expectation of privacy in a hotel room where the person is a registered guest, is the only correct way.  If I got too zealous and crossed over into what seemed like an attack, I'm glad we've removed those posts.  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:16:41 AM by FJL »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2006, 08:45:34 AM »

And the word of the day is: UXORIOUS!
Casey the UXORIOUS would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
Because his wife told him to.
She, on the other hand, was carrying on an affair
With the bandleader.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2006, 09:00:47 AM »

God morning Esteemed, capricious, sagely, and turbo-buffed BK --  
I've been up to my eyeballs with doing some planning and prep work for a big 10 day project coming up soon, and so I have been terribly E&T for the past few days.

I have, however, quickly read through the notes and the posts so that I'm not completely out of touch.  My my, wasn't yesterday a bit testy from the foreign shores.....not needed here at the lovely Living Room.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2006, 09:03:29 AM »

I still haven't been told what the brouhaha was all about.  Someone can PM me if they'd like.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2006, 09:07:24 AM »

DR Laura...you don't change the clocks today in Arizona? How can that be? That's downright UNAMERICAN!...
Arizona is the Timeless Land.

8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2006, 09:09:41 AM »

...and if after all that I have any energy left, I may try to set up my new non-regional DVD player.  This could be scary, since I can transpose music to any key but I cannot read an electronics assembly brochure.  I may need the assistance of DRs MBarnum, Matt H, or Rodzinski, who helped me out the last time I ended with everything connected and nothing working.
I'd get DR Rodzinski to come over, with DR Matt supplying on-line help.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2006, 09:09:53 AM »

Last evening, DP Kerry, DRs Laura & Sandra, and a friend of ours, all headed out to ASU to see "Hello Jerry."  Hence the pictures from DR Laura.  It was too bad, because Jerry Herman has been ill the past few weeks, and had to cancel his appearance.  And then at the last minute, Karen Morrow developed some kind of rather nasty inner ear infection, and she had to cancel also.

However, Mr. Don Pippin was at the piano, masterfully providing all of the musical accompaniment as well as filling in some of Jerry's spoken and sung material, and our very own national treasure, our shining gift, our unbelievably multi-talented .... Mr. Jason Graae...was there, as well as Paige O'Hara.

It was great to give Jason a hug afterwards and visit a little bit.  I also had a chance to say hello and introduce myself to Mr. Pippin, and to express to him my admiration for all of his contributions to a lot of Jerry Herman shows.

DR elmore..........I shamelessly dropped your name as a recent acquaintance to Don Pippin, and he was very complimentary about all of your own multiple talents!!  

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2006, 09:33:04 AM »

A lazy morning here...stayed up late and for some reason woke up way early.

Now to finishe my scary Halloween Bollywood movie DARNA MANA HAI (2003) about a group of teens stranded when their auto breaks down on a desolate road. To kill time they tell each other scary stories...not realizing they all will become part of a scary story themselves! Boo!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2006, 09:48:33 AM »

To DR's Woody and Der B:

Haven't you returned from Der B's class reunion?

Where is the photographic evidence of you in your Do-Mi-do duds, sans new shoelaces?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2006, 09:55:59 AM »

Due to our schedule yesterday, I wasn't able to post on what I consider my worst restaurant experience.

Der Brucer and I were seated in the lounge area of one of our favorite restaurants near our Long Beach home, Love's.  We both enjoyed their Texas ribs, and knew our doggies would also enjoy the leftover bones we would be bringing them later.

In came a crew from another restaurant, located across the street.  How did I know they were from this other restaurant?  Some of them were still in uniform, and one of them was still wearing a "manager" badge.  They took the booth directly behind ours.  They also started talking up a storm.

The color of the storm was blue.  I have never heard such filthy language!  

They were blowing off steam about some of their co-workers, which I can understand.  But there is a time and a place for this sort of thing.  Another couple seated nearby consisted of an elderly woman and her husband.  She was nearly in tears, the language was so offensive.

The following day, I used one of my breaks to call the restaurant those workers were from, to inform their manager of what had happened.  I also told the manager that I would never set foot in his joint, because of their behavior.

Of course, the staff at Love's should have intervened, and told the offenders to either cut it out or clear out.  Come to think of it, we didn't re-stock on rib bones for the doggies for a while after that.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2006, 10:01:36 AM »

Der Brucer is currently snoozing on the couch.  There are a few pics, not of our duds though.    And I really don't want to comment until he's had a chance to have first say.

Still catching up on the last couple of day's posts.  Everybody types so quickly around here!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up