Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MUTANT MOUSE  (Read 54745 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE MUTANT MOUSE
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 07:17:25 AM »

Favorite Halloween adventure: Greg and I worked on a documentary in Oaxaca immediately after a small earthquake. We shot in cemeteries during "Day of the Dead" and had lots of Mexican families make us welcome in their homes. A beautiful time to be in Mexico.
You "had lots of Mexican families make us welcome in their homes"?  How brutal!  How forceful!  I'm certain, had you simply asked, they would have done so without coersion!  (Of course, there's always that awkward language barrier thing.  Not to be confused with an awkward language barrio thing, which is quite different.)

::)

;D

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 07:17:26 AM »

I know I didn't get all of WITHOUT A TRACE last night. THE DVR had "No Data" in the 11 p.m. and 11:30 slots and wouldn't allow me to program it to record those since nothing was listed.

I know the NFL ran late on CBS in this market, so I will be missing WITHOUT A TRACE. Haven't decided if I'll watch what I got of it, or skip it altogether and make a note to watch for the rerun when I comes around.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 07:18:12 AM »

Page Two Dance:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]La Cucaracha!!![/size][/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 07:19:32 AM »

The re-run of Without a Trace will be delayed, due to a baseball game.   :-\

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 07:23:04 AM »

I finally did get my Amazon shipping notice for the Astaire-Rogers boxed set of feature films. I had complained to them last week about the delay and was informed that they had a large demand for the sets with the empty slim cases in them and had to restock. Since my pre-order was far down the list, I had to wait my turn. Irritating but understandable.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 07:24:34 AM »

Good morning dear Esteemed, rested, blocked, and rarin'-to-go BK --

You were a wise mensch to take a day yesterday, and shun the outside technology and intrusion of the world!  You will be much the better for it.

Your brain cells for The Brain will be much sharper..... your sense of smell will delight in some perfectly wonderful aroma that shall waft before you.....your taste buds shall savor a perfectly prepared morsel of something today.... your already schoene punim is now even more "schoene" than before.....your sculpted abs have added  2 more items to their 8-pack.....and your buns of steel could now out-do a 90 ton stamping press at a General Motors factory!

You sound in rather stellar shape Kiddo !

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 07:26:18 AM »

I never have cared for Halloween, not when I was a kid nor now.  Just not my style, putting on disguises and pretending to be who or what I'm not.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »

TOD :

I haven't done "dress-up" for quite a few years....the last time was for my sweet and wonderful nephew at one of his "themed" birthday parties.  I was Darth Vader....the costume was very accurate and complete.....I almost died from the heat in it!  But my nephew thought I was very cool, and that was all that mattered!! :)

For my own choices, DP Kerry will attest to the fact that I'm a sucker for anything involving a cape.  Go figure!!

And you should see DP Kerry as Mary Hartman......I may dig up a picture later......

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 07:30:37 AM »

Wow, I got my Astaire-Rogers set over a week ago, and I don't think I was very far up the list.   ;D

Halloween Costumes:  Believe it or don't, DS Betsy is going to her job's party tomorrow as the dairy section of our local one stop shopping center.  She made her costume herself, as you might imagine.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 07:34:24 AM »

When she was a child, one of Sybil's personalities had the INCHOATE notion if she said the right NICE OATH she could cure anything that hurt her.  For example, if she were to stub her CHINA TOE, the correct words would turn that ACHE INTO the ability to dance like a ballerina.  Sybil's mother just thought she was crazy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 07:36:11 AM »

It's Halloween.  Cape diem.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 07:51:37 AM »

Wow, I got my Astaire-Rogers set over a week ago, and I don't think I was very far up the list.   ;D

Did you get the one with empty slim cases for the films in the first set? That's the one they said they were out of, but then, it might have been the distribution center for the east coast that was out rather than the west coast one.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 07:53:56 AM »

I just remembered along with last night's COLD CASE and DEXTER, I also recorded GREY GARDENS which I will probably watch first today. Those one hour dramas I can see tonight since I won't be watching the CBS reruns.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 07:54:35 AM »

And I'm having lunch with best friend John today, so I guess I need to go get cleaned up.

WBBL.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 08:02:56 AM »

Did you get the one with empty slim cases for the films in the first set? That's the one they said they were out of, but then, it might have been the distribution center for the east coast that was out rather than the west coast one.

Yes, I got the "Amazon Exclusive" for the people that had already purchased Set 1.  Speaking of which, I have some lovely DVD snapcases complete with Astaire-Rogers art I'd like to sell.   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2006, 08:05:28 AM »

Mawnin', all!

Oh, hallowe'en!!! the best of all holidays! The costumes, the scenery, the makeup, the props!!! Hallowe'en is very likely why I love showbiz! Oh, the costumes!!!

A few weeks ago I was looking at some of the photos of my siblings and me, as little tykes at hallowe'en - how we (of course, I mean "I") all looked forward to that, every year. Hallowe'en and ballet recitals. So, one photo was of the four of us (Mom had four kids in five years... ): Tami and I were in identical Dutch Girl outfits, Rikki was an angel, and Mike was in a little orange and black Harlequin costume my mom had made for Rikki the year before.

Another picture was of me, the year I was 9 and made my own costume: I was s circus bareback rider, and made the horse out of a broomstick, some wire hangers for the shoulders and hips, strips of an old bedsheet for legs, and a paper shopping bag for a head.

But last year, in Lahaina was pretty sensational: 30,000 people parading down mainstreet, with teams of people dressed as libraries, where the "books" open, and the characters come out. That was pretty swell. there was a team dressed as The Mad Hatter's Tea Party! Some really unbelievably imaginative and intricate costumes. I, myself, went as a fairy, with huge double pink gauze wings, encrusted with sequins of all sizes. The wings took me nearly a week to make. Worth it!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2006, 08:09:41 AM »

Okay - so it's 8 ayem - time to hit the books again, before I leave for school...

PS - I've decided I'm going to keep this place, when the rent goes up Jan. 1, so I need 10 more Tarot clients per week. Fifty-five-minute hour. Referrals, only. No suicidally depressed folk or others who really need professional doctors and/or lawyers... I do the spiritual reading, counseling and coaching...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2006, 08:12:39 AM »

Looking forward to BRAIN!!! I may actually have time between Finals to be Elmore's assistant!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2006, 08:13:40 AM »

Oh! Two singing gigs came up last week for the near future! About which more at some point - off i go to my books! have a lovely day, gang!
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I thought it was later than it is - I wonder why?

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 08:43:39 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Today is my day off - slept in and now I'm puttering.

TOD - Since I grew up in Detroit, my Halloween costumes had to permit dressing for cold weather - no flimsy fairy princess costumes!  One year, I decided to be a majorette and modified my winter jacket to look like a band uniform.  I made a tall hat out of an oatmeal box covered in leftover shag carpet and topped with glitter.  It looked great, but really hurt my head.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 08:49:25 AM »

The most interesting halloween costume I had was when my freind Sandy, her brother Keith and I dressed up as characters from Doctor Who..  I was Leela and man was that get up COLD in North Dakota.  However, one of their freinds had created a Davros costume that popped over in the elevator and we had to extract the chicken wiring from the carpeted walls.

DR Ginny, I hear you on cold, growing up in ND, I often had to wear winter gear under my costume. One year we had 15 inches of snow on the ground already.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 08:51:44 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 08:53:07 AM »

Maybe this has already been noted, but DakotaCelt is really closing in on post #5000.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 08:53:53 AM »

I dressed up for work one year in garb I wear for SCA events. My persona is an Irish-Viking lass named Aedin.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 08:56:14 AM »

Thanks FJL, It would be nice to get 5000 by the end of teh week but time will tell...

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2006, 09:04:09 AM »

One time I went to a party that required you to come with others in group costume. I went with some other political activists. I was the "staggering deficit."
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2006, 09:08:02 AM »

One year, when I was in college, I went to a costume party as a slug!  A couple of years before, I had been given a knitted cap that had stuffed, cloth slug feelers sewn on the top of it and I used plastic garbage bags as the body and plastic wrap as the slime trail.  It was really a simple but fun costume.  Everybody loved it!  When I moved back home after I graduated from college, I lost the slug hat. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2006, 09:09:21 AM »

My current avatar was my costume from last year (I think).  I was a tourist! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2006, 09:11:31 AM »

Looking forward to BRAIN!!! I may actually have time between Finals to be Elmore's assistant!

You, me, and BK!  If that ain't armageddon, I don't know what is!

I just received this in an email, and thought I'd share.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2006, 09:12:38 AM »

We're having a lunch pot-luck tomorrow and I was thinking about bringing a layered pumpkin pie (I got the recipe from a magazine when I was in high school...and I still have it!), but I have rehearsal tonight.  I would have to buy everything and make it after rehearsal.  I don't know if I'll have time to do it, but we'll see.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up